Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Leon Davis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Blanch wrote:
leon will turn it around, just like taz, ant etc who over the years have been subjected to this sort of comment. Leon is class personified...just not consistent. It will come. We are harsh judges of 20 year olds. If he was 29 years old, i'd agree with you all.

Great point Blanch

Leon is merely Scapegoat number 6 of the current crop of Magpies and the company he keeps in this role is auspicious:

Scapegoat number / Player

1 / Nathan Buckley
2 / Anthony Rocca
3 / Tarkyn Lockyer
4 / Chris Tarrant
5 / Josh Fraser
6 / Leon Davis

At least I think Tarks was in there. The boys at FTO used to get into him heaps at least...

After my comments elsewhere about players outside that group, and the subsequent abuse directed at me, I find it interesting to note that it is always the better players who Collingwood supporters harrass this way.

I think the theory (not that there is a 'theory' behind this bullshit) is that if you've got the talent you are expected to perform miracles and cover the hacks who haven't got any talent but who apparently work twice as hard as the stars.

Of course this is complete and utter bullshit. If anybody can honestly say they think anybody trains harder than Nathan, then I'd be surprised. Nathan has publicly stated his admiration for Tarkyn's work ethic which I think he rates second to none. Anthony Rocca's training has been lauded time and again by the coaching staff and in the last couple of years it has paid off but nobody seems to give him credit for that. Chris Tarrant is a player capable of getting midfielder possessions and kicking 55m bombs whilst also taking the occasional screamer and covering the entire ground from full forward to half back in order to provide a target. However when he fell seriously against Fremantly over there mid way through last year and stuffed his hip - yet played out the year - nobody credits that and now everyone's back on the bandwagon:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=10143

Josh Fraser suffered the most debilitating injury any footballer can suffer short of a knee injury when he contracted osteitis pubis during the pre-season of 2001/2 yet played more or less every game and was instrumental in our Prelim victory and kicked goals in a Grand Final.

In not too long a period of time, there will be a similar story to be told about Leon 'Magick' Davis and all those bandwagoners who set off thunderclaps of cheering excitement when Leon goes anywhere near the ball will be once again eating their words of these last few weeks.

To think people have the balls to insinuate I am not a true supporter when I have a go at players I consider over-rated! At least I'm consistent. I have never rated the players I criticise and win/lose or draw I stick to my theories unless hopefully (and it's so sweet when they do) a player or three well and truly proves me wrong. Then I admit it. For example I was wrong about Jason Cloke in that I thought his deficiencies would prevent him from playing any effective role. Well I was 50% correct - playing him in the forward line is a joke but he's been great in defense.

Anyway, there's no I in team so...

Go PIES!
understudy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice you didnt comment on Leon Davis's work ethic?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: