Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why the long faces

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 11:26 am
Post subject: Why the long facesReply with quote

The word from Richmond supporters is similar to you lot here - they reckon they got the bad end of the stick on the King, McKee deal.

I havent seen McKee play, but I do know that he has had some top opposition for the ruck spot at Richmond from Ottens and I also know that ruckmen can take a while to mature so I think we should all pull our heads in and reserve our judgement for now.

As far as missing out on the opportunity to draft Pavlich goes - I say big deal, it aint the end of the world. He is an untried kid. He may prove to be a gun, but he could be a dud too and the Dockers will probably take him at No. 2 anyway.

I reckon we should be reasonably happy with what we got. We'll get Fraser, we've now got some depth in the ruck dept, Ukovic is a good pick up and there may be some talent available in the next draft ie: Joe Misiti, Luke Power etc...

So lets all cheer up and think psitive :-)

------------------
Damien
ZED 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 3:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Damien,
McKee will benefit Collingwood.
MM is no dill when it comes to talls.
McKee,Kinnear & Ukovic all are worthy of a Collingwood jumper.
Fraser will hold centre half forward.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 4:12 pm

personally i can't wait to see if the kinnear boys can become a dynamic defensive pairing - with presti becoming more and more consistent, ant developing into a champion CHB, and the likes of burns, wasley, ukovic, crosisca, godden and orchard working off the flanks and the pockets then suddenly our defence looks a lot more solid. the thought of fraser at CHF surrounded by young guns like tarrant, mal, brad oborne, davis, jaco, tuckey and of course the big sav is equally tantalizing. plus let's not forget about bucks, willo, lane, lockyer, lica, scotland, and betho workin' it out of the centre, with a little help from a developing ruckmen in mckee. personally i think the list seems nice and fresh now - can't wait for next season.
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 4:53 pm

Thank Christ,
Damien , I think you say it very clearly.
I agree 100%.The Richmond supporters I've spoken to today(2) say they were definitely shafted!!
We get a young guy who'll play every game next year for certain. We off loaded a second rate player in King, picked up a servicable Ukovik and will get young Fraser.
No doubt in my mind that we have done well and strengthened our list considerably.
Throw in Power(Lions) and I think it's been very smart manoeuvering.
I've been reading for months here about the lack of available talls around and as soon as we go and make that our priority, every whinger in the place is getting stuck in.
So Foxy, Lozza, Mr-Plow, Pie No Sauce and others.....think again. We ggot a ruckman who'll definitely play and relieve Monky and we probably wouldn't have got Pavlich anyway.
A good days work for MM and NJ I reckon.
Floreat Pica

Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 5:20 pm

hey hey settle down neil.

Yes i certainly have been saying since last year that we needed more talls, especially ruckmen. But that doesn't mean you should go and throw around pick number 3 for any guy who is 2 metres tall.

There are mixed opinions about how good McKee is and i really can't say cause he was never in the seniors when i saw Richmond this year.

We'll all just have to wait and see on him.

But there is no doubt that if we can snare one of Power,O'Bree or Chris Johnson through the december draft then we will have recruited successfully this year.

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 1999 12:28 am

Neil,
How are we going to get Luke Power from the Lions? is he out of contract and wants to come to Victoria?

and
Mr Plow,
who would u consider best out of O'Bree,
Power and Johnson?

[This message has been edited by Newelly (edited 07 October 1999).]
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 1999 6:58 am

Neil, my "pass the panadol" reaction was later muted to, "there must be more to this than meets the eye" and, in the end, I agree entirely.
I for one was absolutely mortified at seemingly giving away a #3 pick.

As I have since read, McKee was #4 pick in 1996, it does therefore look like the brainstrusts know what they're doing.

Any news on when the following drafts are to be held???

Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 1999 11:49 am

Sorry to say, Wiggins has corrected my report of McKee being #4 pick in 96;
========
courtesy of Hotties board;
==========================
McKee was the No.55 pick in the 1996 draft.

Mark Kinnear was the No.4 pick in the 1996 draft.

Andrew Ukovic was the No.31 pick in the 1995 draft.

Clinton King was the No.21 in the 1995 draft.

Andrew Schauble was the No.66 pick in 1993.

Does anyone find this information interesting?

Wiggins

Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 1999 4:52 am

Newelly i reckon Luke Power would have to be the best one to get of those 3. He really came on well this year.

Johnson has had a disapointing couple of years but still would also be a great pick up

Pie No Sauce, the national draft is on October 31 and the pre-season draft is lat December, possibly the 20th.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: