Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

GOOD NEWS!!re Tarrant

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the prez 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2001 7:55 pm
Post subject: GOOD NEWS!!re TarrantReply with quote

Tarrant has resigned(oops just done a Tim Webster)should be re-signed with the club till 2004.the club has agreed to increase his contract for this year but will not be paying him $500,000 a season.Reports are it'll be about $1.5 mill over 4 years including this year.Is now 2nd behing Bucks in salary.He says he's happy to stay at Collingwood cos the Pies are going places and expectes them to be challenging for a premiership within a few years.Is mindful of his walkout last year but thinks that was beneficial for him as it refreshed his attitude for the game.Knows his performances will begin to be judged by his paycheck but thinks he can handle any additional pressure that will come his way.Great news!!

GO WOODS

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2001 9:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for the "non-negotiable" $500,000 p.a.
These manager types are such wankers.

Still, Tarrant's done all right. I don't think he'll go hungry. I'd say 1.5 million over 4 years is a bit more realistic. But what are we gunna do when Fraser, Lonie, Didak etc. start to realise what they're worth?

**floreat pica**

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 2:37 am

Great point Alf,
that is very true.
We have alot of young talent and other clubs will be sniffing them out like yard dogs. Does anybody feel a sense of salary cap breaches will occur in the next 2-3 years? I hope not!
GO THE PIES!

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 2:40 am

Im glad he's stayin cause he autographed my jacket and in chris's words 'on the tit'....LOL

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 2:42 am

So go and have a good cry over that one Girlies !!

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 3:37 am

And cry we definately will Joffa!!!

Tarrant is by far the best looking player....I'm quite sure all the girls will agree with me!!!!

Absolutely thrilled to hear Tarrant re-signed for 4 years and he's worth every dollar!!

Elvira.....

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 3:59 am

Good!! Isn't the salary cap increasing? How much is it increasing by? By the way I like that idea where rookies should have a cap on salary but the only problem with that is alot of them would become "experienced" at the same time and this would create financial pressure yet again.

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 8:52 am

hmmmm...
we will have to be careful with the salary cap me thinks.

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 11:19 am

Joel,

But at least by that stage they have been able to prove themselves worthy of the money they want. My biggest concern is that some kid will show all the talent in the world but end up being a dud and robbing us the opportunity of paying the extra cash to someone else who proves to be more valuable and keep them at the club.
But it looks like Tarrant will be paid what he is worth - I hope he proves to be better than we ever thought he would be and has to re negotiate for more money in 2 years cause of the 100 goals he is kicking each year.
Cheers
Dillo

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 12:16 pm

You beauty !

Tarrant is going to be champion. This what Collingwood needs...stability.

Collingwood Forever !
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 1:47 pm

yeah its looking good with the chrissy deal, %$^£$%^&%% if they left it til the end of the year every team would be after him 4 sure! hes a farkin gun!!
ay alf we dont need to worry too much about didak at the mo seeing as he hasnt actually played a proper game yet, though he showed what he could be in the ansett cup so he is also looking pretty promising.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: