Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lynch got away with it then?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a spear tackle, been banned in Rugby and the last one to get done for it in the AFL was Ironmonger if I remember right.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:06 am

Sorry to Hijack this thread, well not really. Smile

1990BW in relation to your "gawn" comment, please read below.

15.2.3 Holding the Football – Prior Opportunity/No Prior Opportunity
Where the field Umpire is satisfied that a Player in possession of the football:
(a) has had a prior opportunity to dispose of the football, the field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against that Player if the Player does not Kick or Handball the football immediately when he or she is Correctly Tackled; or
(b) has not had a prior opportunity to dispose of the football, the field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against that Player if, upon being Correctly Tackled, the Player does not Correctly Dispose or attempt to Correctly Dispose of the football after being given a reasonable opportunity to do so.

15.2.4 Application – Specific instances where play shall continue
For the avoidance of doubt, the field Umpire shall allow play to continue when:-
(a) a Player is bumped and the football falls from the Player’s hands;
(b) a Player’s arm is knocked which causes the Player to lose possession of the football;
(c) a Player’s arms are pinned to his or her side by an opponent which causes the Player to drop the football, unless the Player has had a prior opportunity to Correctly Dispose of the football, in which case Law 15.2.3(a) shall apply;
(d) a Player, whilst in the act of Kicking or Handballing, is swung off balance and does not make contact with the football by either foot or hand, unless the Player has had a prior opportunity to Correctly Dispose of the football, in which case Law 15.2.3(a) shall apply; or
(e) a Player is pulled or swung by one arm which causes the football to fall from the Player’s hands, unless the Player has had a prior opportunity to Correctly Dispose of the football, in which case Law 15.2.3(a) shall apply.

Ok, 15.2.3(b) applies, he had no opportunity, but, 15.2.4(e) then overides, or possibly even 15.2.4(c) (the ball fell to the ground and he attempted to control it with his free right hand, his left was being held was it not?)

Anyway I know this makes no difference, but I don't believe he was "gawn". As Bux said, what chance did he have, and he then attempted to kick the ball on the ground after the tackle.

1990BW Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:14 pm
Post subject: .Reply with quote

in reply to joff-

yeah, i wasn't trying to compare the lynch incident to the buckley tackle - lynch should burn for what he did. i was just commenting that i thought buckley wasn't all that hard done by. when i was watching i grimaced when he did that, just knowing that he would get pinged.

- and after reading those rules, my god, no wonder the umps have trouble - never before have i read a more convoluted set of guidelines. one seems to contradict the next and so-on. this is why, no matter what happens, someone has been 'screwed' by the umps.

i recall hearing that you can't place the ball on the ground - but maybe this was one of the rules in the international rules series? i dunno. bottom line is, on the night, we got ripped off. think we all agree on that.
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:24 pm

That Geelong kid gets knocked out behind play and the Tribunal starts a massive investigation, employing the talents of Columbo, Inspector Cleusau and Det. Sgt. Bargearse.

Clokey gets piledriven in full view of the camera and nothing is done.

What bias? Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:11 am

Lynch says he feels like he has a hangover when he plays.......lmao lmao

The AFL investigated Llyod for a love tap to a guys stomach and have investigated other trivial matters. Yet Lynch does this and they don't even make Lynch explain his actions ??

Very disappointing

jlc

Warbler 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:07 am

Unduly Rough Play -- no doubt about it .
If the AFL spent more time making the game safer for the players & less getting their knickers in a knot about game day banners it would be a whole lot less frustrating going to the footy .
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:09 am

anyone have an email address for the AFL, post it and lets email them and demand answers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: