Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MMs post-match comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

AT you didnt comment on my post?
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:55 pm

he he.... this is my first post. I think u r going a bit overboard there AT.

I shared Mick's frustrations after watching our side be so competitive up until 3/4 of the 2nd qtr, then take the foot of the pedal. I thought we could have won that game had we taken our opportunities and kept the pressure up, but we didn't.

And I think that brought about Mick's comments, which I think came out of frustration and were not to be taken literally.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:31 pm

Ok, here I go:

MM's comments always have something behind them for the players. As I've stated at least 100 times on this board, none of us here have a clue what goes on behind the closed doors at the club.

FACT 1: MM is a premiership coach - TWICE, regardless of cattle
FACT2: When MM took us over we had the worst list in the league. We were 10 points away from a premiership
FACT3: MM is a skilled coach, no denying. He has developed and recruited good cattle. Ask grant thomas how he is going with his list on no.1 and 2 draft picks....the coach makes the cattle, not the other way around

To question MM's decision making is rather a silly idea IMO, for one main reason. None of us here, unfortunately AT this includes you and I, have any idea of the motives behind what he says, but he is too smart a man to not have a motive.

I sum up MM's performance by one thing...my opinion of his role. To me his role is to get the best out of his cattle. AT, may I remind you of the scene after last years grand final? I know it hurts me too, but to witness that is proof of what MM means to our "cattle". To them he is the ultimate leader in which they will do anything for. Do you believe MM is getting the most out of our players? I certainly do. Nobody rated Lica until last year, buckley is now a better captain under MM. They learn a lot from this man.

For any of us to try to attempt to read into comments made or decisions made is simply stupid. We all have an opinion, and they will not always match MM but his record stands out over mine, yours and quite frankly almost everybodys. MM does know better...swallow that pride and admit it.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: