Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We were not good enough

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hordak Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't make them pay in the second half when we had most of the play by missing quite a few goals and then...I am not one to make excuses but I am sorry I was furious with the umpiring and even the commentators were saying Brisbane is getting a "home town run".
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:38 pm

The guys should have buried them as soon as the second half started,but they just werent good enough.Wounder where the fight from last week went....left it behind when they went to Brissy.
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:48 pm

Gee people,
what the hell is happening? We can blame the umpires as much as we like. But in the end, we lost, we were simply not good enough on the night.

Some of you sound like Jason Acnewhingearse, complaining about umpires.
If we were good enough, then the umpires decisions would not have mattered and we would have won.

End of story.

BJ

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:56 pm

Nail on the head, m8.

On paper it looks like the third quarter won it for them but when Did's goal shot in the second hit the post and Willo and Bux both missed, my heart sank.

We were ready to bury them.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:37 pm

Fair point BJ, but why should we have to be 4 or 5 goals better than them just to get equal because of the umps? It's not fair.

I was a bit dissapointed with the result, we really lost by 30 cuse the goals at the end were after Brissy had stopped. After half time we should've been out there to bury them, but we didn't couldn't, and we should've.

But, in Melbourne, with 6 or 7 days, with no plane delays, and normal umps (if such a thing exists) we will have another go, and that will decide how good we are. And that may well be teh case come september 27.

I don't thenk MM will be too dissapointed us losing that game - what's the point winning now if we peak too early and lose in spetember? I think teh dissapointment comes that, after being up at half time, we capitulated so easily.

It's not really fair to say that to the guys cause Brissy are a great team, and a good hard running team, but we should've kept it up better than that.

my thoughts anyway.

- Ben
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:47 pm

BJ wrote:
Gee people,
what the hell is happening? We can blame the umpires as much as we like. But in the end, we lost, we were simply not good enough on the night.

Some of you sound like Jason Acnewhingearse, complaining about umpires.
If we were good enough, then the umpires decisions would not have mattered and we would have won.

End of story.

BJ

If the players are held to be accountable for their actions then i cannot see why umpires cannot subject to criticism. It not like they are volunteers or something these guys are getting paid $80,000 plus.

I realise that no one is perfect and our rules are open to interpretation and can be subjective but i don't think its asking too much for them to be conistent at least.

jlc

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:39 am

i reckon this loss would do us good come think of it they only played 1 good quarter and beat us i reckon we should all keep our heads up high cause we have come closer then most other sides to the alf's love child brisbane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: