Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 14 - Box Hill vs Collingwood at Box Hill City Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just gone back and had a look at Shae's kick (28 mins 06 secs on iView), and it looked like a goal to me. The explanation from the commentary box was that it hooked back a little too late, and that it was a point...
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:42 pm

still looked like a goal, went between the 2 big sticks. tarks should go to the vfl and get it sussed out (imagine if it was a grand final). it could be that the field umpire was in the wrong spot to call it a goal
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Got to the game late in the first term, but have finaly had a chance to watch the entire game which I recorded from tv.

Bit late, but here's what I took from the game:

* Seedsman was busy all day, especially in the first quarter. Fantastic game. And it seems Mick noticed.

* BJ was clean with his disposal and showed great leadership all day long. Wont be long before he is back in the 1's. This is why I love the VFL, I got a close up of Ben giving one of the youngsters some advice.

* Shae's goal which I didnt see until I watched the replay, looked pretty good. I would have gone off if I was there. But in a way I'm spewing that I wasnt at the game yet, when it happened.

* Goldsack was great, his bomb for goal was a class above. Unfortunatly I think he made one mistake all day, and it cost us as Box Hill goalled not long after and stole the win. He was fantastic all day though.

* J Mac was busy in the first term. And continued throughout the game. He will see more AFL tome if he keeps this up.

* Was great to see Caff in there early. It was a shame that he missed those early goals though. Dropped off a little as the game went on, but he was good considering it was his second game back. Looking forward to seeing him take his opportunity next week.

* Sinclair was a stand out for me. I liked what I saw from him. Dont know if he'll get a call up in 2011, but in 2012 for sure.

* There was a 50 metre penalty paid which was a complete joke. In the first quarter. One of the worst i've ever seen.

* Umpires were giving me the shits with there throw ins and bounces. Yeah, I know it was sort of windy, but c'mon how many times did they have to take it back??

* Shae was good I thought. He rucked well and played some time on the wing. I liked what I saw. I loved his hit, where he gave away a free, but it was good to see as im looking for a bit more attacking from him. He's getting better every week.

* The condition of the ground was much better than last time I was there. It was a mud pit last year.

* Sundberg was good again. Sadly, I think we'll miss out on drafting him as someone will be able to snatch him from us.

* Ceglar was ok, but I thought he didnt have a big impact on the game. He had 20 something hit outs, but he has had better games. In saying that, I am overwhelmed with his development in 2011. He'll be a star.

* Finally, I was gutted at the siren. We should have been able to hold on. We played so well all day and we really deserved a win. The lads will learn alot from this game however.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: