Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

BREAKING NEWS: Collingwood training at the gabba; READ ON!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:16 pm
Post subject: BREAKING NEWS: Collingwood training at the gabba; READ ON!!!Reply with quote

As you all probably know Northern Pie and I are in Brissy to watch the game on Thursday night. Needless to say we are over excited. We look forward to meeting you all at the function.

So you could probably imagine our excitement when we saw the lights blazing at the Gabba. We were going past the Lions training track in Coorparoo, just to make sure the Lions were training there, and they were. So we realised that the boys were training at the Gabba. We hurriedly tried to find parking (never an easy thing at the Gabba). After much language pilfered with colourful metaphors we were able to find a park and we ran to the Gabba (first time I have seen NP run for awhile) entered the ground and feasted our eyes upon one of the greatest sights ever to behold,'THE COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL TEAM TRAINING'. Now some of you southerners may believe I am over reacting, but remember we don't have the luxury of sitting and watching the boys go through the paces. In fact I have not seen them for 4 years. I would have paid to watch 'em train.

The run they had was pretty light. When we arrived they had just finished warming up and were doing some close ball skill work. Then they did some short sprints(Very Light). They then broke into pairs and kick passed to eachother. Following that they ran the ball out from defense, switching and leading delivering the ball into the forward area. Tarrant, Davis and Didak were working off eachother a fair bit. Didak seemed to be trying to familiarise himself with the ground and was booting some majors from some pretty obscene angles. Presti was out there and he looked to be moving quite freely, and it looks as though our backline will be full for the first time of the season.

NP and I noticed Balme down on the boundary just near us so we decided to go have a chat. We found out some information that we will share.
Firstly we asked how Presti is, balmy told us that he is moving freely and will start tomorrow night, and that they brought up Rupe as the 23rd player.
We asked about fraser and how he is going, Balmy and co were more than happy with his game last week and his confidence is growing more and more. When we mentioned about how well our recruits are playing he explained that part of the reason is because we are playing good footy so it is easier to slot in. He then sang the Praises of Lokan. Balmy told us that the footy dept had been eyeing him since the U18's and that that liked him because of the way he backs himself to run with the ball and his delivery and choices are improving weekly. He also said Shaw is improving with his skills as well. Balmy did not say much about Woey and Williams, however nothing but praise coulsd ever be given.
When asked whether Resting Buckley for most of the last 1/4 last week was the tactic, he replied that they planned to bring him on but since we kicked 4 quick goals resting him was the best option (But he added that Bux just wanted to get amongst it).

Finally we asked him how Locks was, balmy told us that the good news was that the only damage was the ligament and that after his op the swelling was minimal. He did say that locky is dis-appointed but balmy explained that he is tough bloke and he should bounce back no worries. We wish Locks all the best to recover, and hope to see him play in the B&W soon.

He stated that the boys are quite relaxed and are keen to play the Lions. I will add that the boys looked in good touch. We will have our full squad playing a Lions side that were given a tough run last week. Also the news up here is that Brown and Lynch are playing, however the question remains concerning how fit they are. Either way we are in for a great game. NP and I are looking forward to meeting you all at the function.
We wish the boys all the best.
My tip Collingwood by 8.
GO PIES!!!!!!

The BWPhantom

We here at the Northern Army wish to thank Neil Balme for talking to us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

great report guys - I might wander down to watch training this week myself after that! Cause it's just across the road for me.. Razz

- Ben
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:37 pm

Great report BWP, a big thanks to you and to Balmey of course.
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:28 am

Great report guys, made me realise how much us Melbourne supporters take things for granted. Those of us who can go to training and games every week don't always get that excited over it. Sometimes when we could go we don't simply because it's too cold or it doesn't look like being a good game. Sometimes people go to games and leave half way through just because they can always go watch the replay. It's refreashing to see the genuine excitement that you have towards seeing the boys train and play.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:20 am

Great stuff guys. Tarks had the op on Tuesday and as you guys said it was only the ac ligament that was damaged...nothing else. don't be too surprised if tarks does a libba and plays finals for us this year.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:37 am

Great Report guys!

I am lucky to be able to go to the games in Melbourne but unfortunately will not be at this one.
I can go to training if I want to as well - although I went down last Friday only to find that it was a closed session - I also saw Balmy there who said hello to me as I was walking out and he was walking in.
He is a nice guy.

It must have been so good for you to get a taste of what, to some of us is a regular occurance ( I would never take it for granted as it is still a big thrill for me too.)

i_luv_tarkyn! Scorpio

Dream Big!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:03 pm

thanks for mentioning tarkyn, i hadnt heard how the operation went and im so glad there was miminal swelling. Very Happy
hopefully the next 6-12 months will run smoothy for him and he will be back better than ever.
go tarks!

luv jess

annewilo 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:18 pm

Now if someone can just tell me when the guys are going to come over here to train, I will be def excited. Great report and I understand exactly what you are feeling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: