Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Saints to dump Black

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:34 pm
Post subject: Saints to dump BlackReply with quote

i just saw on a 9 update that the saints are gonig to dump Heath Black, dnno if it means just for this week, or delist him but yeaah
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep... It seems that he threw Reiwoldt down like a rag doll & slammed his head against the ground up to 6 times & Hamill had to break it up.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:27 pm

And they both play for St.Kilda so its irrelevant Confused

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:02 am

yeah, this is probably why:

Saints' Black and Riewoldt clash at training
By Nabila Ahmed
April 17 2003

Dumped Saint Heath Black took out his frustrations on teammate Nick Riewoldt yesterday,
tackling the emerging superstar to the ground at training and beating his head down repeatedly
in a heated tussle.

The AFL's brightest young talent emerged shaken but unscathed from the skirmish, which was
broken up by Saints captain Aaron Hamill.

But coach Grant Thomas last night denied suggestions of team disharmony, saying he was pleased
at the level of intensity the incident displayed.

"I think it's a great thing. I think it's good, the level of intensity is good. It's the way how you manage
intensity that's all, and Heath went a little bit overboard in relation to that, but it's no drama," he said.

"Honestly, there's nothing in it."

The scuffle broke out during a routine session at Moorabbin Oval, with Black having been told at the
start of training that he would not be lining up at Telstra Dome for the clash with Richmond on Easter Monday.

Thomas said he expected things to be a little intense following the Saints' insipid performance in last
weekend's 70-point loss to West Coast at Subiaco and might have even picked Black on his showing
at training yesterday.

Thomas said Riewoldt had not been hurt during the incident.

"It's just a bit of aggression in a competitive drill, that's all. It was nothing.

"It's been blown out of proportion a bit, it was nothing of any significance, just a bit of testosterone
going off, that's all."

The incident sparked memories of a similar scuffle last year, when West Coast goalsneak Phil Matera
and teammate Richard Taylor traded blows during training late in the season.

Taylor left the field with blood gushing from his cheek and mouth after Matera elbowed then punched
him in the face following a contest for the ball.

Coach John Worsfold declared himself impressed with the spirit shown by the pair but would not condone the fighting.

Port Adelaide's Michael Doughty and James Gallagher were also involved in a minor incident last year,
when they scuffled during an inter-club trial match at AAMI Stadium last September.

The Saints' team to take on the Tigers will not be finalised until Saturday, but Black was one of four to be
axed from the squad that took on the Eagles last Saturday, after Thomas followed through with his threat.

Thomas flagged changes after the crushing loss to the Eagles, a match where he said the Saints had
"far too few players that made valuable contributions".

Ruckman Matthew Capuano, defender Troy Schwarze and utility Daniel Wulf were the other omissions.

The Saints named last year's No.1 draft choice, Brendon Goddard, to make his AFL debut in the match.

This story was found at: http://realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2003/04/16/1050172650474.html

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:37 am

And we tried to recruit that tosser.
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:40 am

its good we didnt recruit him cos he hasnt done squat at saints...but wat i dont understand is when the pies and saints are going for the same playa, they always seem to go to the saints.
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:41 am

He should be happy at the Saints - after all he chose them.
We were too professional for him.

Last edited by stik35 on Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:50 am

TuPaC wrote:
its good we didnt recruit him cos he hasnt done squat at saints...but wat i dont understand is when the pies and saints are going for the same playa, they always seem to go to the saints.

He didn't want to be a 'professional' footballer, he just wants to play for a hack team the rest of his career and just cruise along. I guess it is the same for othe players that have gone to the Saints.
Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:19 pm

You can either be the type of player to want to put in the hard yards to be part of a successful team or just be comfortable applying yourself the bare minimum in a club culture which wouldn't even know the difference if you weren't.
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:27 pm

I actually went too school with Heath Black and he is a quality bloke....good player but has had problems at the saints....

He certainly has a temper and was clearly pissed that he had been dropped given the lack of talent at stk.

I say good on him....that reidwolt needs his head slammed into the ground...and by the way he talks and looks it would not surpirse me if this is not the first time he recieved some damage to his head Laughing

TERRY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: