Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 9 - Coburg vs Collingwood at Coburg City Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

dont forget coburg have 23 players and we had 22 at start of game and 21 by start of 2nd qtr.

most of the players are young still and need to baulk up
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:32 pm

So I take it that both Keefe and Fasolo have been held back.

At least 1 will play tomorrow IMO.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:21 pm

Geez!

Was looking for a big win and ended up with a bad loss instead.

The Good:
McNamara was near BOG. His goal in the 3rd was fantastic. Playing without Wood and Keefe in the team gave him a chance to do something and he did. Pass. He went in alot harder which was better.

Couch had a great game. Hopefuly he keeps this up.

We had more scoring shots then they did. 29 to 30. But....

The Bad:
Goal kicking. 14 goals, 16 behinds. We're better then that. They kicked 22. 7. which was the difference.

Sunny didnt have a great impact. I'll forgive him for that as he's been BOG in nearly every other game.

BJ's injury is troubling and Goldsack didnt seem to have an impact.

The Ugly:
Looked like we put the que in the rack just after 3 quarter time. Not good enough. It's hard to understand how we can put up a good fight against Williamstown, a flag contender, to nothing against a team that hasn't won yet. We ran out of legs against Willy, today we just didnt seem to put in as big an effort.

Can we make the top 8 after this?
Yes, but we have a tough run ahead, and will need an upset to make up for todays result.

No Fasolo, no Keefe.
How important are they to this team? I really rate Fasolo and think he is going places. I guess it's a good sign that his absence was felt and made a difference. Keefe's absence gave Shae an opportunity, but we could have done with the extra tall today. One of these guys could play against WCE tomorrow.

I know the VFL isnt always about winning, but we really should have won this one. Yeah, we were a player down and didnt have guys like Keefe and Fasolo, but I'm dissapointed with the result. But feel great about Big Shae's game!

Daicos Mullets 

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:46 pm

With injuries to our AFL listed players, Johnson, J Thomas, Sinclair, etc our midfield really lacks class & depth. You can really notice the difference from last year with O'Bree, Lockyer, Medhurst & even players like Cook & Barham.

3RRR

The Pies are back at Vic Park!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:01 pm

Jeez I was getting frustrated with the comentary. So much banging on about the "young Coburg team" that it seems to get overlooked just how inexperienced and young our side is. I haven't done it but I reckon a comparison of the 2 sides av age, VFL games played, and AFL games played would show just how far behind we are.

As stated elsewhere, you add that to a 23 v 22 and then lose Johnson and we were always up against it. Just ran out of legs in the end.

Thought we also got no favours from the umps. On one occasion when we should definitely got a free deep inside our forward 50 and didn't, Phil Cleary even said that we were robbed but that the umps are just like every one else... they don't like the pies.

Thought there were some positives. Clearly the game of big Shae is right at the top of the list, particularly in light of the quality of the opposition. Seedsman continues to show potential. Ceglar to. Best game I've seen Farmer play.

Of the non AFL listed players, thought Eddy stood out with his marking and kicking. Couch was in everything. Don't know how Sundberg got a mention in the best players, thought he struggled. Liston had a shocker, just couldn't find the pace of the game.
BrodieisTops 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:47 am
Post subject: Jye BoltonReply with quote

Has anyone seen Jye Bolton in the reserves this year? Is he injured? or does he play somewhere else when not picked for Coll Reserves.
I like Tom Young and Paul Cribbin makes a good account of himself.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:36 am

Jye's been playing for us this year alright. Was injured a fortnight ago against Williamstown at Victoria Park. Didn't play against Coburg...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: