Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

RD 5 Saturday vs North Ballarat @ Vic Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Went to the game and very happy with the performance of the kids and the result was reward for effort. Can't question the application of these kids, although execution does sometimes leave a little to be desired. Nth Ballarat are not the team they were last year but look at the Pies team. Goldsack, Macaffer and McCarthy the only players with senior experience and McCarthy was off early in the 3rd with some hamstring issues. Very inexperienced side.

Collingwood
B: Tom Young, Lachlan Keeffe, Luke Rounds
HB: Tyson Goldsack, Paul Cribbin, Scott Reed
C: Paul Seedsman, Pat Liston, Kirk Ugle
HF: Daniel Farmer, Jack Perham, Alex Fasolo
F: Kris Pendlebury, Brent Macaffer, Jye Bolton
R: John Ceglar, John McCarthy, Tom Gordon
Int: Tom Sundberg, Kalem Post*, Tom Couch, Robert Eddy, Shae McNamara

Some observations:
Macaffer's application at this level leaves a lot to be desired, probably our worst performed player on the day and not supportive of the kids.

Keefe, Shae and Cribbin as our "new to AFL" players look more AFL ready than Hunt and Falou. Still make execution errors but that's to be expected.

Fasolo is a gem. Definitely AFL ready when he gets his chance.

Ceglar shows great promise. His marking forward and around the ground a highlight.

Rounds down back is a great experiment and good for his development.

Sundberg and Eddy show promise. Couch was competitive.

Pendles very unlucky not to be on a senior list.

Post was good, his mark and goal to grab the lead was a fantastic effort for the kid. Spoke to his father after the game and he was pumped. Kid was a Richmond supporter but now a convert.

ROAST: Pies VFL site does not have 2011 squad right. Post wasn't listed in the record and it wasn't until after the game when we were talking to his father that we found out who he is. Thought I'd check his profile and not even in the players listed. Very very poor. These guys deserve the recognition and acknowledgement.

Agree with every word just about but as we talked about while watching the game together, you failed to mention the most important thing, that the umpiring skills at this level are bloody shocking! I do realise that they are only "seconds" umpires and obviously not up to AFL standard as yet but if these are the guys pushing for senior umpire selection in a few, God help us!! Some of their pathetic decision defied all logic and common sense and showed why it should be bloody compulsory for umpires to have played the game at least at some level to understand the intentions of the players or what was actually happening out on the ground. Any umpire supervisor who was at Vic Park on Saturday who takes the job seriously should throw the bloody rule book at these pitiful excuses for VFL level umpires.

Don't be oblique Laz... say what you mean... lol
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:18 am

pietillidie wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
5. The yank needs more games and may really struggle to get on our list in 2012

"50. Shae McNamara (13k, 8h, 7m, 1t): Played really well. Really happy with Shae."

What do others think of Shae's game?

Thought he was very good. Made a few mistakes, dropped an easy mark, but given where he's come from he's showing some very good signs. Ahead of a couple of NRL players getting a run at the moment.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:19 am

MagpieBat wrote:
Presti#1Fan wrote:
We should get up over the Cats in two weeks. I believe its the televised game starting at 1:00.

Barham Vs Couch!! Razz

Unfortunately, the TV game on that day is the "blockbuster" between Frankston and the Bullants. The reinging wooden spooners vs the two-time grand finallists. Should be a close game, like Saturday's Casey vs Frankston "thriller". Rolling Eyes

Thought so. It's only the games listed for 1:10pm on the Saturday that get televised and we have quite a few 1:00 pm starts.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:03 pm

pietillidie wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
5. The yank needs more games and may really struggle to get on our list in 2012

"50. Shae McNamara (13k, 8h, 7m, 1t): Played really well. Really happy with Shae."

What do others think of Shae's game?

Did well as stats show - but in close he needs to really nail it which he hasn't yet! Maybe the 1 tackle says it all! Very difficult to come from a non football game to really impress - still hope for him but time is getting short!

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:36 am

Thanks for the replies jackass and thompsoc (jackass - it feels like I'm insulting you rather than referring to you by your user name!! Smile).

I see Sinclair and Thomas are close to returning from injury. Does anyone have an update on them? I reckon them being out of action is part of the reason why there is "depth panic" getting about in some quarters. Once they return we will have more than a small handful of runners on the fringes of selection (not to mention Bucks and JMac have been injured at various times, too).

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:30 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Thanks for the replies jackass and thompsoc (jackass - it feels like I'm insulting you rather than referring to you by your user name!! Smile).

I see Sinclair and Thomas are close to returning from injury. Does anyone have an update on them? I reckon them being out of action is part of the reason why there is "depth panic" getting about in some quarters. Once they return we will have more than a small handful of runners on the fringes of selection (not to mention Bucks and JMac have been injured at various times, too).

Don't sweat it everyone calls me Jack, real name Darren if that helps.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:40 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Thanks for the replies jackass (jackass - it feels like I'm insulting you rather than referring to you by your user name!! Smile).

You have got it right dude, he IS a fair dinkum jackass!!!

Would you believe that this jackass is going to be my best man at my wedding in a week? Twisted Evil Razz

LOL!

Lazza
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:58 pm

^

Commiserations Lazza, may your incarceration be as joyful as possible. Crying or Very sad

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:51 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Commiserations Lazza, may your incarceration be as joyful as possible. Crying or Very sad

Thank you with all my heart.............!!! Cool

I once said never again but then one night changed to never say never........still cant bloody work out why I did that............. Shocked Rolling Eyes
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:29 am

Josh Thomas - foot (1 week)
Ben Sinclair - leg (1-2 weeks)

so thomas should be right after the bye and maybe sinclair as well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: