Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

RD 4 Bendigo Bombers vs. Collingwood Saturday Windy Hill

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

172-92. pies lost

mccarthy 30 touches 3 goals
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:48 pm

That's what you call a good old fashioned hiding.

Our kpp stocks are clearly diminished this year.

mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:19 pm

Reports that Keefe was smashed in the face in the first quarter and wasn't seen again, hopefully he's ok, as we don't have much backline backup with Nate Brown down for the year.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:57 pm

Yeah I headed down and it was an overcast day where we got Flogged. Mostly in the 1st QTR.

Things I Noticed:

Thought Ugle Showed some Good Signs of Reading the Play Well and making Quick Descions. Disposal was great at times
Ceglar showed a fair bit up Forward where he took some very Strong Marks and Good Sliding one. Kicked 2.2
Fasolo was good again and can come up when needed
McCarthy is above the VFL when he is on but goes to Quiet too Often
Dissapointed in Gordon's Game as he seemed a Bit Lost at Time but when he gets the Ball he uses it well

Does not look good for us next week vs the 3-Time Reigning Premiers

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Dou7ble Post
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:31 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Yeah I headed down and it was an overcast day where we got Flogged. Mostly in the 1st QTR.

Things I Noticed:

Thought Ugle Showed some Good Signs of Reading the Play Well and making Quick Descions. Disposal was great at times
Ceglar showed a fair bit up Forward where he took some very Strong Marks and Good Sliding one. Kicked 2.2
Dissapointed in Gordon's Game as he seemed a Bit Lost at Time but when he gets the Ball he uses it well

the Reigning Premiers have lost a whole stack of players for this year. (thats if u mean north ballarat)

how did goldy and caff go?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Fire Up wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Things I Noticed:

the Reigning Premiers have lost a whole stack of players for this year. (thats if u mean north ballarat)

how did goldy and caff go?

Yes I mean North Ballarat.

Goldy was good and Even went a Few Torps from the Kick-Outs and Caff was Quiet and barley noticed him at all

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Made it down yesterday, very dissapointed with the game.

It was almost a replay of the Werribee game. We got smashed in the first quarter, but made somewhat of a comeback in the second quarter. (Last week it was the third quarter). Only to be run over, badly run over, in the last quarter.

I walked into the ground at quarter time, so you could imagine the shock i got when i saw the scoreboard. Shocked

We need a four-quarter effort next week!!

One more thing, Windy Hill is a joke!

WKB 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:24 am

It's interesting to see how young this side is, in the past we've had senior players in the side, even senior VFL players. But this is a very young side, Caff and Goldy were the senior players and they still are young in footy terms.

Now how I saw the game? We gots flogged. But after the frustration and annoyance of the first quarter and knowing we would never win it gave me a chance just to watch some of the kids and how they handled things.

But first to the reserved but pointed spray that Mick gave Shae and Scott Reed at qtr time. It was Jake the Snake like in its quiet intensity, let me try and paraphrase it

Basically while Tarks spoke to the group, Mick pulled those two aside and said "You know what I think, I think you two are a F*cking disgrace, soft and a f^cking disgrace. Play behind and give your teammates nothing, expecting to lay a tackle, you can't even do that. You hear me?! Look at me and listen because i'm going to tell you again you are a f#cking disgrace. You two are on short contracts and if you want to do that in this jumper and at this club you can just f%ck off now...I think you are a f*cking disgrace"

You hear about the Malthouse spray but he never raised his voice and never took his eyes off them and he put the fear of God in me and I thought I'd supported well in a tough first quarter.

Goldy started slowly (didn't they all) but got into the game.

Caff was terrible, hate to say it as i love the kid but was terrible.

Johnny Ceglar has a lot of upsides, still raw in the ruck but has some ticker.

Jack perham, I think he's my new favourite player, has a quiet arrogance about him that I like. flashed in and out of the game but took advantage of limited opportunities in 3 of the 4 quarters.

Kirk Ugle has some upsides as well, nice little in and under sneak and not sure if his fitness isn't up to it but would like to see him have a long run in the midfield.

Tom Gordon - in a tough first quarter he was a shining light, didn't have much support from senior players in goldy, Pendles etc but he worked really hard.

After the spray I though shae worked really hard to make a contest of everything, still not a great game but worked hard to make those contests.

Same can't be said for Scott Reed, had a barry.

I think it was young seedsman who seemed to get caught a little but couldn't fault his attack at the contest. His awareness etc will improve as he gets more game time but if he keeps hitting contest hard he might just make a good little footballer.

Johnny Mac was the girl with the curl, when he was good he was very very good and when he was bad he was horrid. Great contested footy, got goals, made spoils and tackles. Other times he made poor decisions, put younger players under the pump and had poor disposal.

Highlight of the day was the funniest/terrible 50 given in history.

Bendigo take a mark about 70 out on the boundary and the player holds it for a long time looking for something, he had it so long the umpire rightly called "PLAY ON". So the Pies player on the mark runs towards the player with the ball and the umpire blows the whistle and says "You went over the mark, fifty"
Still can't work it out, can anyone help me? What does it mean now when an umpire says "play on"?
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:45 pm

Cheers for the info guys much appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: