Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is it pull the finger out Tarrant time?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this has already been covered in one of the 6 pages of comment.[allright..i don't have time to read them all]........but the only reason i can see tarrant in our side is as a decoy for the oppositions full back, to take a player out of the game.
I keep hoping and praying and wishing every week that tarrant plays as we know he can play, and kick 5 goals like a full forward is supposed to do.........but every week he lets me down.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:54 pm

Tarrant never plays well against Richmond. Gaspar matches up pretty well against him on most occassions. Luckily though he has time on his side. Not long ago people were talking the same way about Rocca.

jlc
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:21 pm

Tarrant never play well against richmond? I disagree - based soley on last friday performance.

I'm not sure if he got 0 or 1 goals, but not a decent return for a full forward. But he worked his butt off all night. He worked outside 50, he kept the ball in the forward line, he lead better than I've seen him for two years. And he dished off. It's very very hard to kick a bag when you've got all the other leading forwards in that team, and you're the only one they double team.

And every week, tarrant get's double teamed.

He did everything you could ask of him last week, in the first quarter, he missed gaols like everyone else, but he was the hardest working forward on the ground. Didak had six shots, but he benefited form a direct pass form tarrant, and a multitude of short sharp leads while the lose man in defence was doubling tarrant.

it seems the magpie game plan is to hold the ball at 50 and lead from the goal square into a congested forward line, no margin for error.

great if it works (like it did friday) and great if it's a slow game, like it was friday, but not good for full forwards to grab bags of goals, more likely rupe, obree, brodie types to nick and and get a few.

tarrant will kick five when our midfield is on fire and the ball comes in quickly. but he's got a one in 8 chance of scoring when the game is slow and everyone else is cluttered in there!!

but on friday, he still worked very hard. Well done Chris Tarrant, it'll pay off.

Ben
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:31 pm

Lol Ben i think im in love with you!!!!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
ROCCA 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:11 pm

It's round 1 , give the guy the guy a chance to work his way into it . Last year he played with all sorts of injuries so don't judge him on last year
performances.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:52 pm

Im just saying in past games Gaspar has had his measure. So im not overly fussed that he did not return a bag of goals.

Sav Rocca rarely did well against the Swans or Carlton because Dunkley and Silvagni had his measure.

jlc
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:12 pm

hmmm well Rohan, it seems not so long ago i remember you saying Eddie McGuire and MM havent done a good job at Collingwood and had no direction (remember that JLC?)... bet you have changed your tune now.

Wait until the end of the season before passing judgement on players- especially ones playing a position you know nothing about.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:19 pm

SS11 wrote:
hmmm well Rohan, it seems not so long ago i remember you saying Eddie McGuire and MM havent done a good job at Collingwood and had no direction (remember that JLC?)... bet you have changed your tune now.

Wait until the end of the season before passing judgement on players- especially ones playing a position you know nothing about.

I certainly do SS11............how times have changed Wink

jlc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: