Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What did you think of the Wizard Cup GF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:11 pm
Post subject: What did you think of the Wizard Cup GF?Reply with quote

I thought we looked flat and uninterested for most of the match...i guess it doesn't mean much as a game.

What i think is most worrying is the players who seem to freeze in the big games i.e Leon Davis, Molloy and Didak. We just seemed to slip, fumble and go for the man rather than the ball.

disappointing....

swooper_101 Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I dont want to live through a "colliwabbles" I just hope something happens I am completley devestated, granted its a pre-season GF but still as bucks said A grand fianl is a grand final.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:20 pm

The biggest worry was our bigman department. Biglands and Clarke did things at will. Josh when he was on didnt cover himself in glory. Biglands seemed to move Fraser off the ball to easy. This led to the centre break clearances and allowed McLeod and co to capitalise.

Adelaide are a quality team and will be there at the end so hopefully we can extract revenge in the real finals.

However i will say one thing and that is Tarrant seems to get man handled quite a lot. Only got the free kick in the last quarter but Smart had been doing that the whole game.

Adelaide were very worthy winners though Sad Lets hope we can regroup for when we tackle richmond minus Cloke, Burns and Licuria.

jlc
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:21 pm

Lokan looks to be good a player Smile

jlc
grims 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:39 pm

Not only are Cloke, Burns and Licuria not playing 1st round. Looks as if Tarrant might not be playing cause he's gonna get weeks for that. Also Fraiser and Prestigiacomo injured.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:48 am

...and not to mention Woey if his missus goes into labour! Wink
grims 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:24 am

Gotta say though i'm very impressed with rhys shaw. Everyone thought he should have been delisted this year but he has sure showed us all.
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:37 am

shaw has shown me nothing yet - good to see him taking his chances pre season but until he puts 5-10 solid games together in the real stuff, he's yet to prove himself.
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:29 am

Interesting to note that when a player such as Shaw plays well pre-season, it means little because it is the pre-season, but when some players have a quiet game pre-season, people jump on them like the fricking plague. Yes Shaw must prove himself, but give him some credit. All of a sudden, the league's best tackling team is "SOFT" after one flat game. It amuses me no end how supporters jump on and off the team each week. Fraser is just 20 for Christ's sake. Fourth year or not, he is 20!!! Now Didak fails in big games, it has been said - 3rd year, 20 years old, half a real season under his belt.

You folk read too much into every little aspect of football. It is pre-season. Port have not won a game. Brisbane lost to Western. Essendon keep losing... I play football. last season, we won 14 in a row, lost the final two games (to the bottom team no less by 100 points), then went on to win the grand final by 100 points. If a player's head is switched on (ours weren't - we were thinking about finals), that is the most important thing. When they say 90% or whatever is played above the shoulders, they mean it!!!

This loss (I know it was a GF) may be a blessing in disguise. Who did we really play pre-season? Carlton, half-strength Hawthorn, Geelong? And we played no more than 2 quarters against either of them. It's a reality check - supporters (read Nick's) have been getting a bit too cocky for my liking, and so have the players after 3 pre-season games. Along comes a contender and BAM! Now they know there is much work to do to be a premiership threat. You don't play 2 quarters of football against teams like Adelaide and expect to win!
Hired-Goon Aries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:34 am

Couldn't have put it better myself ^^^^ That is the absolute truth don't let the media contol you!!
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:56 pm

I think we got absolutely smashed in the stoppages and centre clearances and when we did go forward, we were beaten by their defence. I think the Crows showed their hand last night, and when season proper comes around, we'll see a different result.
I was fooled by the previous three matches, lulled into a false sense of security, but a loss like that just serves as a reminder that we still have a long way to go and this team still has room for improvement.

I was really annoyed last year, when we failed to win a game pre-season and then lost to Richscum in round 1, looked unimpressive in beating Wet Toast, by 1 point and were beaten by the filth.
This year our wiz cup form has been good (compared to last season), if only playing in fits and starts.
Hopefully we can turn it around season proper, and aim to win at 15 games this year, that would be an improvement.

Two things that I noticed were 1) MM did not seem too perturbed, when the camera was panned onto him,
2) Some of our supporters started walking with about 5 minutes to go. Support your team till the bitter end! We can't win every game, but you don't expect the players to trudge off the ground to the showers with 5 minutes to go!

BJ

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:31 pm

The media are a bunch of 'SCUMBAGS' It doent matter who one supports,just one wrong move by a player and its all over for the next year.
I recon that some one should stick a gag on these so called experts (ex unknown quantity.....spert,drip under pressure)until after the season is finished.Next thing we know all of the PIES will be on the injured list and the reserves will be the main team.That appears the way that the media look at it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: