Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What the hell is Nigel Smartass talking about??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:38 am
Post subject: What the hell is Nigel Smartass talking about??Reply with quote

This is what Nigel Smartass said on the AFL website, Collingwood is known for having "failed to capitalise on some of the things they've been given."

What drugs is this guy on?
Does anyone know what he is talking about?
Sorry, but I don't understand what we have been given. IMO we have worked for everything we have achieved.

The full article is available on;
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=78610
Warbler 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:17 am
Post subject: What the hell is Nigel smartass talking aboutReply with quote

What credibility can Not so Smart possibly have - this is the bloke who had his afl debut delayed cos he walked over hot coals at the request of that other South Australian intellectual Graeme Cornes .
AB35 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't worry about it. It's just a desperate attempt to get inside our players heads and put us off our game. Similar to the way our coach approached the lead up to the Port Power final. We just need to maintain focus an we'll win.
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:26 pm

This bloke really annoys me... yep he is just trying to get into the heads of the players as AB35 mentioned. How scared are they? Have to do a lot better than that Smart.....
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:41 pm

Mind games, as simple as that.
Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:04 pm

Reckon old Nige is towing the "Adelaide vs the Rest" line.
Seriously though, this is such a whinge that maybe it's time for the cheersquad to bring back the infamous tissues, so that we can show Nige that we all are happy for him to have a little cry.

-Craig

Woody Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:52 pm

“Collingwood in the past have failed to capitalise on some of the things they’ve been given, and that might occur this week as well,” Smart said.

Poor old Nige, how quickly they forget.

The Crows too have failed to capitalise when given the opportunity it seems. They failed to win in the '94 and '95 pre-season grand finals, both of which Smart played I believe, maybe you should worry about what's happening at home before throwing stones Smarty!
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:02 pm

i think the cranium mark 2 is peed off cause last final the played against us they lost they lose this one it makes it 2 in a row i think he is a clown trying to play mind games wont work well done nigel stupid
stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:19 pm
Post subject: SmartassReply with quote

Just a few quotes from our great men MM and bucks regarding Nigel Smartass’ comments during the week. Bucks said, “As a group we like to think that the harder we work the luckier we get and we have earnt everything we have been able to achieve thus far and I am sure that if we achieve anything more going forward that it will be based on hard work.” The great man seems to agree with what I said earlier in the week, that we have earnt our fortunes.
His article is available on http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=78942

Furthermore, regarding Smartass’ comments, Miracle Mick (that’s my nickname for MM) has come out with some great use of satire in regards to Smartass’ comments. Malthouse said Smart's ploy to harp on Collingwood's reputation of failure in grand finals had only "confused us".
"I've not got the intelligence to work through that," Malthouse said.
"He's still got me with that one. I might not be as alert as Nigel. We've certainly not taken it to heart." Wink
Well-done MM!!!!!
MM full article is available on http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,6128883%255E19763,00.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: