Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gutsy win

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 5:19 pm
Post subject: Gutsy winReply with quote

Goold gutsy win there boys, under pressure from the home side and we responded, a great sign. And Josh Frasers goal to put us up, the class that stamps him as a champion (not on your A list hey Derhead Brerton

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 5:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You took the words right out of my mouth afisher!
What a Gutsy win!!! Well done boys!
Beating West Coast at Subiaco has always traditionally been a tough task and we have done it!!!

SHITE HEAR COMES THE MIGHT OF THE BLACK AND THE FARKING WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:46 pm

ahem Mags it is up to me to announce that -
BEST ON GROUND SHANE OBREE
lol

Wot a ***!n good win see how the umps tried their usual interstate game bullsh!t on us trying to rob us as usual! Grr lucky our boys were used to it and one step ahead this time!

For best apart from Obie...I reckon Benny J did very well along with Brodie of course and Alan Didak. Never seen Molloy move like he did either and McKee has made his critics look pretty stupid tonite too id say!

on ya boyz!

Mags r u comin down to Optarse Oval 2morrow to see the Dees shat on the Tigers?

#11~GO OBIE~#11

ash 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 8:57 pm

My man Heath Scotland did it again. 2 goals in about 2 minutes outside 50 metres. What a champion.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 9:10 pm

Pretty to watch. Great fun. And plenty of good signs. Didak, Fraser, Scotland, Johnson, L.Davis, Holland, O'Bree and McKee all played well.

I really liked McKee's effort. Every time I watch him play I get disturbing hallucinations of Clinton King in a Richmond jumper. But I just hope tonight's game was a sign of things to come. I'm quite happy to be made to look stupid.

Didn't Didak look the goods!!! And Josh Fraser is learning all the time.

I didn't like Anthony Rocca's game tonight. He was bloody woeful, I thought. (I'm expecting a serve from Emma any moment now)

And Bucks was well contained, I thought.

First quarter was a real worry ... but it was great how we just gradually pegged them back. And then to come back after the Weagles hit the front in the last quarter showed a lot of character.

**floreat pica**

afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 6:39 am

One area that we fell down in though was ruck contests, The eagles lead 36 to 16, although Josh and steve won well around the ground at times, . . Gardiner was still very effective, and our lack of domination from the ball ups was nearly telling. If they can start to give us first use of the ball in 50% or more of situations, a potent structure will emerge

deanricho 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 6:58 am

I personally am rapt with last nighs win mainly because of the performances of Didak and Fraser. Obree and Buckley were ove again our best players but Didak looks very classy and might play a lot of games this season and Fraser is maturing (fair goal hey). Brodie Holland also was great and Scotland surprised me with his great running on the ball.
I would like anyone to inform me though if they know the status of Nick Davis's injury (oh please god dont let it be a reconstruction)and if any one knows how did our boys go for Williamstown yesterday morning?

dallas 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 1:16 pm

i was really impressed with Ben Johnson's game. Hopefully he can follow this through for the season. Molloy had another great game as did Fraser and Obree. Lonie and Didak both show alot of promise. On Nick Davis first reports were of a jarred knee and i've been told that's all it is but there is still a few tests until he is in the clear. They should know more by mid week.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 2:04 pm

Well wasn't that one sweet,i gotta tell yous i have seen plenty of collingwood wins in my time but that one will remain one of the greatest why?
It was at subiaco not a happy hunting ground for us maggies and we were gone at quarter time,we were gone again late in the last quarter,but this collingwood team would not give in win lose or draw this is all we can ask!!
But as i sit here typing this post with the'good old collingwood being blasted out in the background'im feeling kinda smug cause i know this much'this is not the same collingwood as last year'i can truly say now i can see some light at the end of that tunnel.

i've always held a simple football philosphy, only good teams win close matches let alone being 4 goals down at subiaco
and then with 5 mins to go finding yourselves down again.Its kinda like that champiom boxer who's been slaughterd but refuses to lay down for the count.

Im looking forward to this season sure we are going to lose games
and we are not prolly gonna be premiers,but with the guts and class and never say die that our maggies showed last night i think we can say at long last we are on ther improve.

And for the last two weeks i've been walkin around with one of the greatest smiles ever and im gonna keep smiling,theres nothin better than a collingwood winning smile.

Well done pies we are proud as punch, oh thuck doesnt it feel good.

WE SIMPLY STUCK IT UP THE BASTARDS

And in closing i wanna say one thing DIDAK.

thanks collingwood this one meant so much.

and what about jimmy clements and brodie holland and jazza malloy and alan didak and 'son of ray'and ooh ahh josh frasier
and captain brownlow and macka and obie oh thuck does it get any better.

i know its only ansett cup but WINNERS ARE GRINNERS and im lovin it ooooh yeeeaaahhhh!!!!!

da da da da good old collingwood for ever da da da da
ohhhhh yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 4:50 pm

yeh joffa lots of proud Magpies out today i saw lotsa Pies proud to be wearing their new guernseys today at the Dees game. lol and I carried on from your trashing of the Carlton Social Club on Monday u will be pleased to know I attacked the Coke Machine up there hehe!

#11~GO OBIE~#11

Juzzy 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 6:51 am

Saterday night was fantastic!
Joffa i so agree with you, only good teams come back from that kind of situation, pretty much 5 goals down at quater time missing our best foward (Tarrent) and midfield not moving the ball into the foward line with any purpose at all BUT they boys showed something that i think has been missing for a while they showed PRIDE in themselves and the jumper i've heard that is something MM has really been trying to push into them this year having faith in themselves and pride in themselves. If you guys & gals have noticed how many times MM has stated in the media this year how much he likes this list at the moment and how hard it will be to cut 3 players at the end of the year just to bring it down to the new amount it will be next season. plus what about the players we had missing from the team? Chippa, Richo, Roo, Stienfort, Burnsy, Tarrent, am i missing any? i just really think the pies will make some big steps up the ladder this year
and on a sidenote i watched the game at my cricket club saterday night and it was so sweet after coping a bagging from all the guys in the first quater about how we were gonna get done by 8 goals to turn it around and get up by a couple of points well lets just say there ears were ringing for the rest of the night!
Bring on Carey and the Roo's!

How can i feel so much love for one thing (Collingwood) but feel so much hate for another (Carlton)

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 9:41 am

yeah juzzy u forgot rupe!

%$^£$%^&%% what a game! our drafting at the end of the year was good, remember everyone having a teary about it, well it wasnt so baad after all ay.
that didak is looking very good and yes we were bloody good and we had like half our usual team out.
and that goal by rogan was a top effort!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2001 7:29 am

Umm, someone should blow the races up!

I had to keep myself amused somehow, and unlike Barry Hall I can stand around all day, playing with myself, so I took myself off to Caulfield.

It was a good day, John Elliot's and Greg William's horse lost in the Blue Diamond, and I won more that I drank. Fed myself on the way home, and got home in time for the first bounce.

I did not need any more to drink so I just sat on the lounge and watched the first quarter. That's it. That's all I caught. I must of shut my eyes during the break and woke up for the last minute or two of the game. Rogan had already kicked hids winning goal, so I saw NOTHING. Oh woe me.

But, correct me if I am wrong, at 3:30pm Wednesday, Optus are replaying the game???? In which case I will be having a late lunch at a pub near work tomorrow.

As for what I thought of the first quarter, shite, that David W. can play. Can not believe he's a Victorian playing for the Wankers. Apart from that I thought McKee was far quicker at ground level than the WC ruckman, pity he got flogged in the air. Still I was very proud of the lads for winning over in the West, and proud that our coach tried to personally congratulate every player as they walked off the ground when the match ended.

GO PIES

Greg J
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2001 12:54 pm

mckee took a bit of a speccy in the 2nd Q, of course ive seen better but it was good for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: