Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

whats the latest?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boomer 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 1999 1:30 pm
Post subject: whats the latest?Reply with quote

Okay...so who has heard any juicy rumours about trades? all the names mentioned (Colbert...jones...ukovic...vardy...welsh) Surely we are making some plays on some name players behind closed doors?

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 1999 2:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

must admit we seem to be taking a pretty quiet stance the last couple of days. hopefully mick and the guys are pulling off big deals behind the scenes or something, and they surprise at the end of the trading period. hope so. one player who i'd love to see at the pies is vardy, pretty much because he plays like wasley, only he kicks better.
boomer 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 1999 3:58 pm

I agree Foxy...Vardy would be a handy pick up. But I think we need key position players or a ruckman (I realise Fraser is one - but he will need time). When does it all have to be finalised? is it 12.00pm friday? If so - lets pray for a breakdown in negotiations between NM and GEELONG over Colbert.

^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 1999 8:18 am

Hmmmm yeah quiet stance alright. I think its wise actually. No one thats really worth taking other than colbert and we can get him wif our draft choice so theres no use. Theres not much other talent out there on offer really that is available. Theres a few good to average players but hell when they are put in a team full of good to average players and expected to perform will they do any better than those we have.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 1999 12:11 pm

well we missed out on justin blumfield, and i'm annoyed that we missed out on mansfield, i reckon he would've been a nice addition to the backline. it's getting a bit frustrating not seeing any activity from the collingwood boys on the news about trading and stuff, but hey. apparently mick martyn is at loggerheads with north right now, and it looks like we might use the priority pick on him. what does everyone think? i mean, i reckon we'd be stupid to use the pick on a 31/32 year old, who probably only has a year left in him. but if we're after a quick fix to the backline then he's the bloke to free up presti and schaubs to HBF's, and ant to CHB. then again, geelong said (about colbert) that if north can't make a deal with them by midnight tonight then they'll look at other clubs. i just hope no one manages to sign him so that we get first shot at him with the priority pick. now that'd be a coup.
Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 1999 11:27 pm

With regards to Troy Longmuir, he ripped us apart when we played Melbourne. It seems like an interesting way to decide what players to draft. Didn't Tyson Lane's 6 goals against Collingwood last year bring him to the club's attention? Going on that it could be a goer!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: