Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pump Port. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rant…
$$%^%%$ port supporters with black and white bars on the jumpers

**** of back to sanfl
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:11 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
The moment when the game changed?

13 minutes to go in the second quarter. WHE took a screamer in the goal square after a setup kick from Jaicos who took the free from an out-of-bounds on the full.

WHE Screamer @ 44:40 https://www.afl.com.au/video/1112259

I agree. For the first few minutes of the 2nd quarter, we looked down again. When WHE took that mark, something clicked in the Collingwood psyche, and we remembered how we played last year.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:19 pm

Extraordinary win. Even Gary Lyon could not hold back his admiration and respect for what our team achieved in this game. Down 31 points during the 1st quarter, the inner belief remained alive - though no one on the outside could see it.
When we suddenly clicked, after WHE's mark, it seemed like a pivotal moment. Suddenly, we were back to the combination of structure and pressure that won the flag last year.
It seemed in the first quarter that we were attempting to emphasize pressure, but had forgotten the necessity of structure, because in fact pressure is impossible without defensive structure. So we had many players, as the commentators pointed out, running to the contest at all costs, leaving their opponents free to wreak havoc. But, briefly in the final minutes of the first quarter, and then absolutely after WHE's mark, the memory of how we combined both elements so brilliantly last year, reinvested the entire team. It was a 2023 like performance from then on. WHE - what an astonishing game. He turned the clock back to 2018, when he played an amazing season in the forward line.
I also loved our decision to select Reef McInnes as sub, and obviously play with a super small forward line to exploit PA's super tall defence. When our ball movement got off the chain, and combined with WHE's 2018 like form in the forward half, this plan succeeded far more brilliantly even than the planners could have imagined!!
I also loved the way in his presser that Fly acknowledged both WHE and Patrick Lipinski, emphasizing that today they were getting their truly deserved acknowledgement, because their performances were crowned by goals, but usually they go unacknowledged because they execute their roles "in the background", ie they go unnoticed by most, but not by the coaches and their teammates.
I freely admit that I have been one to underestimate WHE's contribution, and I have decided that I will make a concerted effort to pay more attention during games as to what he is actually doing "in the background".

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:01 pm

Expanding on pies 2016
The way the game is played pressure is king
When our game average is above 195 (bordering elite) over the 4 quarters we either win or are close to winning
Yesterday we averaged 212 across 4 quarters which is outstanding
The down side is this type of constant pressure (perceived or otherwise) takes a toll
It takes a massive effort to constantly run your engine at such a level
From a outsider looking in in the coaches box they have access to real time GPS data and can fashion our match ups and interchanges accordingly
Watch most of our games when a player kicks a goal for us they more often than not stay on the field unlike other clubs who automatically run to the bench
I believe our high performance guys know exactly the levels our players can reach and how long they can sustain it for and that dictates there interchange or their position played on the field
You’ll see Lipinski start in the middle then on a wing or as a high half forward depending
Pendles will switch between on the ball and HBF
Like wise Nick D
You’ll see McCreery and Elliott pinch hit in the middle
Or now we are seeing Hill and McCreery pushing up field then Turing snd bolting back towards goal.
McCreery had 11 touches yesterday 4 in the back half which means he gave us another option with speed launching our attack off HBF
Mitchell had 21 touches but had 10 tackles and 7 clearances and I’m willing to bet he wouldn’t have had a touch outside if 3m if a contest
He was at the coal face all day
Nick D had 30 touches and 8 clearances but his damage from those 30 touches was great
I think the guy who is fast becoming a vital part of our team is Schulz
While he had only 10 touches he also had 5 sheppards 3 of which led directly to goals and a game high 31 pressure acts
A lot of what he is doing is going unnoticed
The goals will come but the quickest way to earn your team mates respect is roll the sleeves up and do all the little dirty things that doesn’t get you Brownlow votes but doesn’t go unrecognised by the coaches snd your team mates
How many times yesterday did you see 2 or 3 Collingwood players making the same tackle ? How many times did you see the last player up at the bottom of a pack was a Collingwood player ?
That shows team work and hard work
Speaking of team first I love Bobby Hill being so unselfish but at times (a couple at least yesterday) I would prefer him to be a little selfish and take a shoot instead of trying to set a team mate on
As great as team play is the best forwards small or tall have all had a little selfishness in them he just needs to be a little more greedy at times
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:00 pm

I saw Bobby called “Oprah” elsewhere.

“You get a goal, and you get a goal, and you get a goal too!”
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:23 pm

Wow! Although WHE's classy bit of play before quarter time gave some relief...I thought we were cooked at quarter time.

But the lift across the whole team...plus the seemingly superhuman effort of WHE, the Timelord, the Ghost Who Walks....wow. Hats off to the performance.

Back that up on Thursday and we are as good a chance as anyone moving forward

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:27 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

That's brilliant, I love it

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:08 pm

Just going through records and yesterday was the biggest turnaround from deficit to winning margin since 1995
And top 5 of all time
At 1 minute we were at the stage 40 points down
Then won by 42 points
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:41 pm

Given how well our forward line performed yesterday, I'm wondering if Fly might consider dropping McInnes for the ANZAC game and promoting a midfielder, like Macrae, Harrison or Sullivan to the sub role?

It's not because McInnes did anything wrong, but rather that our forward line functioned the best it has all year without him.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:53 pm

^^^^Unless for an illness, I can’t see any changes being made.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:27 pm

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
Just going through records and yesterday was the biggest turnaround from deficit to winning margin since 1995
And top 5 of all time
Then won by 42 points

What are you saying?

The biggest deficit yesterday was 31 points in the latter stages of the first quarter. It was nowhere near the biggest comeback in this century alone, let alone since 1995.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1085515/the-biggest-comebacks-in-afl-history-carlton-blues-win-over-brisbane-lions-the-largest-since-2015

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:33 pm

Scoring 123 points yesterday was our biggest score since Round 2 last year, which happened to be against Port Adelaide as well.

My reaction the day after is still one of happiness and enthusiasm. Still on a high knowing that we're still capable of producing a performance that is Premiership standard when we're switched on and we play with high intensity.

Everything we've been hoping for was there yesterday. The turnover game was excellent, generating scores from the back half with our smooth transition, and our pressure rating was close to 200 which is elite at this level. Sustain those sorts of numbers and we'll be winning more often than not.

Great to see our role players WHE and Lipinski shine yesterday. Fly emphasised how important these two were in our turnaround. WHE's numbers were significant. 21 disposals, 13 score involvements, 9 marks and 2 goals.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:15 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Given how well our forward line performed yesterday, I'm wondering if Fly might consider dropping McInnes for the ANZAC game and promoting a midfielder, like Macrae, Harrison or Sullivan to the sub role?

It's not because McInnes did anything wrong, but rather that our forward line functioned the best it has all year without him.
I'd like to see "No change" to the team, yes...
But also keep Reef as the sub and bring him on as before.
I think we should keep Reef as part of our best 23. This allows Reef time to feel a part of the action and develop confidence.
If someone gets injured in the fwd line we will be glad to have him there.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:24 am

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

hehehe thats what i said at the game!!!
alas, wasnt one under my seat!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:27 am

Jezza wrote:
23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
And top 5 of all time
Then won by 42 points

What are you saying?

The biggest deficit yesterday was 31 points in the latter stages of the first quarter. It was nowhere near the biggest comeback in this century alone, let alone since 1995.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1085515/the-biggest-comebacks-in-afl-history-carlton-blues-win-over-brisbane-lions-the-largest-since-2015

I think he's referring to the biggest turnaround, not winning from the biggest deficit.

2021 GF was a 19 point deficit turned into a 74 point win.

Plus there is all of the games with huge margins. I haven't checked, but there is likely a situation where the oppo gets the first score before losing by 100+ points.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: