Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Power. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

1eyedpie wrote:
If we keep putting sky balls into the forward 50 hoping that Checkers or Reef are going to mark them we will get picked off by the likes of Ratagoulea and Aliir.

Maynard is the primary offender on this front. It's somewhat uncharacteristic given those 50m bullets he's known for. Surely the Club strategists hasn't instructed him to do that.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:16 pm

Do we think that Moore would benifit of some time as ruck man.
Kind of a change of scenery and get him in the game Moore.
Cox or Cameron can float down back.
Like to see Maynard play centre first up.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:32 pm

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
Do we think that Moore would benifit of some time as ruck man.
Kind of a change of scenery and get him in the game Moore.
Cox or Cameron can float down back.
Like to see Maynard play centre first up.

I'd prefer to play Moore in the forward line instead of Cox and have him ruck in the forward line to relieve Cameron. Play Dean and Frampton in the backline and drop Cox, who hasn't been performing well this year.
Alex 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:36 pm

Lets just leave the All-Australian Premiership Captain in his best position please.

According to the AFL website Cox' hitout win % is 53.6%, classified as "elite". Hes been poor around the ground but we dont have any better options.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 pm

gurugeoff wrote:
well, according to Mick McGuane in the herald sun this morning, this is a battle between the best midfield in the AFL and the 12th best midfield in the AFL, us, being 12th. Combine that with a forward line probably rated about the same, how could we win a flag. Well, we just did.

Okay I know it’s an oldie thing but there are lies, damned lies and statistics 😡 AFL games are won when a combination of strategies, tactics, suitable environment/weather conditions and good football from one team can overcome the same from the opposition. Many games have been won on the scoreboard but lost on the stats sheets 🙄
My belief is that Collingwood is a much better on the MCG and is tough to beat when they are “on”. If they are not, in simple terms they will not win. However I have much more confidence and faith in McRae than some of the dimwits on the game thread who wanted him sacked immediately 😂 My prediction is that he will have the Magpie boys in a red hot state to beat a very strong team in Port. I pick Collingwood to win by 12 points or more.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 pm

I thought we'd go into this game with an unchanged team and that's how it's turned out. Apart from any other reason, no-one in the ressies has good enough form to warrant promotion to the seniors. Sadly our best VFL player is Macrae, but he has disappointed each and every time he's played at the AFL level.

This is worrying. Last year we debuted Markov, Frampton, Hill and McStay, which significantly improved our team. This year we've only added Schultz (and lost Ginni). I'm just hoping that someone like DiMattia has an impact when he is fit and ready to play. Otherwise, I'm beginning to feel like we've gone backwards this year, compared to the 2023 season.

Anyway, regardless of all that, we should still be able to account for Port. Pies by 12 points.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
i Anyway, regardless of all that, we should still be able to account for Port. Pies by 12 points.

Hey RB, do you rate Ned Long as a future prospect?

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:49 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I thought we'd go into this game with an unchanged team and that's how it's turned out. Apart from any other reason, no-one in the ressies has good enough form to warrant promotion to the seniors. Sadly our best VFL player is Macrae, but he has disappointed each and every time he's played at the AFL level.

This is worrying. Last year we debuted Markov, Frampton, Hill and McStay, which significantly improved our team. This year we've only added Schultz (and lost Ginni). I'm just hoping that someone like DiMattia has an impact when he is fit and ready to play. Otherwise, I'm beginning to feel like we've gone backwards this year, compared to the 2023 season.

Anyway, regardless of all that, we should still be able to account for Port. Pies by 12 points.

Yep, me too. I am very concerned by the fact that we don't believe that any players in the VFL - apart from Fin - have made a sufficient case for senior selection.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:03 am

Port will be a good barometer of where we stand. They're a solid and consistent top 8 side over the last few years, without ever being a serious challenger at the pointy end of the season.

I can recall us beating them in 2018, 2022 and 2023 at the MCG when we were playing well through the whole season. If we can replicate that again, I start to become optimistic and hopeful of the possibilities that 2024 might bring for us.

If we lose to them, we'll be 2-4 and it will be demonstrable evidence that we've regressed. I wouldn't declare our season over by any means, but it shows we have a lot of work to do to chase our tail and improve our performances.

Either way, it's a big match for which direction our season goes. It's a relief we've won our last 2 after our slow start to the year so hopefully that provides us some momentum.

Good to be back at the MCG after 30 days, which seems like a lifetime for us. It's been 5 weeks (36 days) since we've played a home match.
Really looking forward to be attending again.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: