Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller . All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Haff wrote:
Could have been worse, could have lost..

hehe the sound of some here, you would think we did!!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:15 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
ONYA T P, and thankyou ! Jeez, what a camera, wow, 160 000 shutter speed per second, unreal, my old trusty 35mm German made Edika, had a top 350 pe sec shutter speed, tops, with the good ol AGFA roll film, those were the days! Laughing

Sorry, I wrote that wrong! I meant I have taken 160,000 shots with the camera, life expectancy for the shutter assembly on that camera is 200,000, so I decided to get the R7 cropped mirrorless while it was on sale with freebies chucked in! (the 7Dmkii is very sentimental to me, ill never sell it but i sold the 5DmkIV!) I hesitated to switch, but the adaptor for lenses really works great til the mirrorless lenses get a LOT cheaper! I have a couple of small mirrorless primes but the pro lenses are off the charts!

the R7 can shoot up to 1/8000 mechanical or 1/16000 electronic shutter, which is mind blowing!!! for footy I like to keep to 1/1600 to 1/2000 to lock in crisp shots, but it depends how high it sends the iso! im happy to go to iso 6,400 with the R7, which is really quite amazing, and its got 32MP! with the 7Dmkii I hesitated after iso 3,200!

it also shoots 15 frames per second on burst mode or 30 frames per second on electronic shutter. its like watching a movie! it also shoots video really well too!!!

I wanted the cropped for the cheat zoom factor of 1.6, so 200mm is actually 320mm!! plus it was just over a third of the price of my R6mk2, so if the ball hits it, its not as painful! yes my gears insured, but still!!!
cheers mate, im hoping to get to training more, the one time I went they had a 4 day weekend and no one was there!

piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:10 pm

Croat Pie wrote:
The Cox experiment is over. Not sure if he's contracted for next year but if he's not, I think that should be it.

Not sure we can call it an experiment anymore. Guy has played in 118 games, had some great moments and is a premiership player… He is also contracted for next year.

For what it’s worth though, I think he’s part of our problem at the moment. His best position is ruck, yet he’s our second best ruckman, so we carry him around the field sound not a lot else. Not sure if we have a forward who could play second ruck to give Cameron a chop out but that’s probably something to try.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:11 pm

I think what really changed after half time, is that we inadvertently forced Hawthorn into playing an all out attacking style of footy that nearly won the game for them. They were so defensive so early, it fell into our hands. They started the extra in the backline and we had the extra around the ball. They put more time into Nick early but had to drop the close checking after being five down so early. This freed up another mid for them to focus on the ball and combine all that with our drop in pressure and the game changed so quickly. The Hawks basically threw everything out the window at half time and went for it. Once they got a roll on, it forced us to reinforce our backline and suddenly we have one less around the ball and that impacts us at stoppages.
It all comes back to pressure, everything does but basically the Hawks went to plan B against us after half time and we didn’t have neither the answers or the ability to apply the pressure required to negate their surge. What we didn’t do well in this game was to slow down their run on.

As Fly would say “ we didn’t manage the minutes “ very well at all. Most teams get some kind of run on within a game every week but the good teams mitigate the oppositions momentum. As one other poster astutely pointed out, the Hawks did the same to Geelong a week ago, so they are capable. The difference was Geelong had the response to their surge, where we didn’t.
We’ve got thirteen days to get it right and we’ll need it because we’ve got a lot of work to do.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:32 pm

piffdog wrote:
^

Mason was due for a rotation when Cameron kept having to go off to stop his nose bleed/cut. So he rucked longer than intended and the fatigue showed. And Frampton was needed back and playing his role well so couldn’t swing him. Mason hasn’t been his best this year but he’s not the Lone Ranger.

We didn’t handle the lights either. Hawks adapted but we seemed to struggle when it got dark and the lights went on.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:49 pm

uncanny wrote:
As for some posters saying they have been happier after a loss in the past??? It does not compute with this poster.

Yes, I worked out yesterday that the feral types who spin crap in the game thread must not read the pre game thread when so many intelligent posters warned about this being a danger game and that they always play above themselves against us. So to be bloody surprised that they nearly beat us is just plain stupid. In my opinion, we did massively well to win a very competitive and tough match. At AFL level, any team can beat anyone on any given day (the every dog has its day syndrome). I’m gobsmacked that some younger Nicksters still don’t know this. Some are just up themselves 😡 It is sheer arrogance to think we can always win. We pick Collingwood to win but can’t ever guarantee that.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:27 pm

By way of example, Cox's work in the ruck at the start of the 2nd quarter was horrendous - goals like that straight out of the centre will ruin games against decent opposition - not least because the prospects of him doing the same thing going the other way are nil. He's a resting ruckman who has not kicked a goal for the season and is averaging just 3 marks per game. Yesterday, he played just over half the game. He's got to go back to the VFL in favour of a someone who can perform a useful role in the forward line. Whether he's finally done or not is quite another question but his form is woeful.
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:30 pm

I hate Jawthorn so much. Seriously. Probably more than Carlton to be honest, and in my life I’ve seen us win three premierships - and we may have lost to them in every one of those years. I would feel more confident playing the All Australian team. When we got 38 points up I said to my son I’d be happy with any win. We are not playing well at all but thank god we aren’t 1-4. I think confidence is everything, and we need a bit now, or to keep working away. More second quarter yesterday would be nice, but I’m not prepared to concede the season just yet - nor the top 4. We were 4-5 in 2022, and then got on a role - let’s hope we can do so again. Enjoy the week off. Oh and two observations about Ginni:
- he may have found his spiritual home
- and if he’d been umpired that way when he played for us, he’d have won the Coleman.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:58 pm

^ So, by beating them in 2024 have we put paid to all chances of going back-to-back?
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:43 pm

The awful centre bounces, seemingly always to Hawthorn's advantage, didn't help at all.
Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:04 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Feeling bit better now, me Magpies won a cliffhanger, and I only now, last hour, found out I won a thousand bucks in Lotto. ! Not such a bad day hey.!

"Feeling bit better now, me Magpies won a cliffhanger, and I only now, last hour, found out I won a thousand bucks in Lotto. ! Not such a bad day hey.!

-- Well done.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:09 pm

Collingwouldn't wrote:
masoncox wrote:
23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
Can we just take the win got the 4 points now move on the next game
Stating to gain pace now
We won and we take the points enough said

Happy with this win

Yeah, but you're Mason Cox.

Any win over hawthorn is a great win.
As for the real Mason Cox.
He has been ordinary this year.
But the Cameron / Cox partnership is very important to out structure.
We won a flag with that combo.
After we booted that rabbit Grundy when suddenly we went up and over.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:53 pm

We need to address also our long running inability to stop opposition small forwards. Hawthorn got 8 goals out of three small forwards yesterday. Fly prefers attacking backmen but this vulnerability bites us time and time again. Running attacking back flankers etc are all very well but if their defensive skills are lacking when needed, they are next to worthless.
Rex 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:12 am

Cox’s lack of marking and presence is disappointing, but what are options? McStay would be first choice, but not for another 10+ weeks. Frampton was reasonable last year when both rucks were out and in general he’s playing so much better so I expect he’d ruck well, but we need him down back (and he’s not great up front) - I see him as a Leroy Brown type; not brilliant, but serviceable in various positions. Johnson has played the smaller, agile ruck role, but is so out of form at the moment. I reckon Steene might get a go, but is a month away with concussion (I assume, given he’s not back to contact). The only other choice is Begg. He’s ok in the VFL, but not really big enough.
So we stick with Cox at present, then Steene when he’s back. I thought Josh Ayre looked good as a second tall down back. If he pushes for selection then I believe we’ll see Frampton rucking.
Rex 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:39 am

I was lucky to get to the game so watched it again today for a different perspective (Adelaide oval is such a great place to watch footy - if you’ve never been treat yourself).
There’s a lot to like about Josh Daicos; his hard running, his in close work and his positioning. But his decision making and delivery when he has time and space is often sub-par. Time and again he missed easy targets or put it to a contest where our player was not only outnumbered, but smaller (three of our forwards are 175-178cm). I don’t expect him to have Nick’s finesse, but wondered how he might clean that up. Can that be coached?
Last year we talked about intentional chaos kicks to give the smalls a chance. I’m not talking about quick snaps in when under pressure, but deliberate ground balls to open space. The kick wide that Hill collected, sold candy twice a H-E goaled, was a classic example.
The other observation is about the number of times we punched the ball rather than marking. Darcy only took two marks, but often seemed in a good position to mark, which he would have done last year. Other players were also doing it more than expected in my opinion. If it was a coaching directive I can’t see the benefit. Or is Darcy less confident after wrist surgery?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: