Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller . All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched some of the Hawthorn Geelong match last Monday.
Geelong quickly got out to a 6 goals lead and maintained that lead until the end of the game.
Yesterday we quickly got out to a 6 goals lead against Hawthorn and then let that lead evaporate to 5 points.
JDG was great. He could’ve kicked 3 goals in the last quarter but it seemed that half the Hawthorn team was tagging him.
The Daici were good.
John Noble was good.
IQ was good.
Mitchell was good.
Lachie Shultz was ok.
And… no one else was good, particularly after half time.
A while back someone said that Mason Cox does 2 good things a game and 6 bad things. Yesterday he did no good things.
Darcy Moore has become a “serviceable” defender. Where’d the dash, the risk taking, the great intercept marking? It’s been absent all year.
Bobby Hill is too mercurial. This year he’s been mostly down and not up.
It’s true that other teams have improved but we haven’t stood still. I think we’ve gone backwards.
My theory about this is “Premiership hangover” , meaning that it’s hard to get players to give the supreme effort and sacrifice required, after having just won a premiership.
Geelong last year looked ordinary and missed the 8, after having just won a premiership. At this stage we look the same and will struggle to make the 8.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:12 am

Cameron was terrific and his absence with the nose injury for almost a quarter, and no rotation for Cox helped get hawks on top. We couldn’t swing Frampton into the ruck. So, how does a ruck get a bloodied nose? We always seem to get these injuries against the Hawks. Moore too. Funny that.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:19 am

Haff wrote:
Boot wrote:
I can’t believe the negativity in here tonight.

11 years experience.. I think you can!
Another run of the mill press conference from Fly. Not worth listening to anymore!
14 games to know if we are any good or not? By 14 playing like that our goose still be cooked!
Could have been worse, could have lost..

Turn it up, does ANY Coach NOT have a run of the mill Presser, ever listen to the boring Scott Bros, Longmire, Simpson, Hinkley, Lyon ?? same old,de ja vu. I reckon most of the time, Fly tells it like it is, pretty damn honest. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:24 am

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
100% hun, 100% xxx thankyou Smile

^T P, dont forget your camera for the Port match, been awhile since we saw your brilliant pics, its gonna be a HUUUUGE match, so do lots of happy snaps. Cheers ! Wink Wink

cheers mate, thankyou, I will!!! I actually bought a new one, the 7Dmk2 has 160,000 shutter count! bought the R7, cant wait to give it a whirl at the footy! First game I can get to! i really miss it!!

well done on your lotto win xxx

blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:28 am

Haff wrote:
14 games to know if we are any good or not? By 14 playing like that our goose still be cooked!

I took it that he meant 14 wins is the first goal for the team, as that's what you need to definitely make finals.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:38 am

think positive wrote:
^

ONYA T P, and thankyou ! Jeez, what a camera, wow, 160 000 shutter speed per second, unreal, my old trusty 35mm German made Edika, had a top 350 pe sec shutter speed, tops, with the good ol AGFA roll film, those were the days! Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:37 am

Harrysz wrote:

I watched some of the Hawthorn Geelong match last Monday.
Geelong quickly got out to a 6 goals lead and maintained that lead until the end of the game.
Yesterday we quickly got out to a 6 goals lead against Hawthorn and then let that lead evaporate to 5 points.

I watched the hawks play the cats as well. You missed the part of the game where Hawks reeled in their 6 goal deficit to hit the front, only to see the margin blow out again. I point this out as an example from many posters in this thread of not giving enough credit to the hawks who are a good pressure side for at least parts of the games they play.
So yes the second half pressure from the pies fell away and they need to fix that but the first half was very good and gives them lots to work with after a good win last week.
Hopefully we see the "good" pies play much closer to four qs next game and square the win loss ledger.
As for some posters saying they have been happier after a loss in the past??? It does not compute with this poster.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:03 am

What i did see was Collingwood 2023 for half a game... and the last 2 minutes. So there's that, and we won. It's a long season, if we are good enough we will go on a streak. If Bobby could develop the consistency of a Handlebars Cameron we'd be more comfortable, but still there are some green shoots Razz
piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:07 am

^ that’s a good way to look at it. If we want to be really optimistic, we can point to how much upside there is!
I think Cameron has been having a great season, although I’d add it’s a bit easier to be in the game when you’re on the ball.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:20 am

You wonder heat happened during that half time break other than Pendles being ruled out
Our pressure rating dropped from 202 down to 175
Our defence became lost, panicked and unable to function
Our tackle eff dropped off markedly
Our ball movement went from expansive to stagnant
And our forwards looked lost and couldn’t find a meter of space

You could say maybe we become complacent or we just didn’t clock back on
You could say the hawks adjusted well and made some changes we couldn’t combat
But personally I believe there’s much more to it

There’s only 1 player on our list who during the 20 quarters we played this season played (lost 12 drawn 2 won 6) has only played in 1 winning quarter and played in all bar 1 losing quarter
Go look over the stats and see if you can figure out that player and how much the team stats drop when he’s in the team compared to when he isn’t
Croat Pie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:21 am

The Cox experiment is over. Not sure if he's contracted for next year but if he's not, I think that should be it.
Thought Noble was OK but gave away the ball at least twice that lead to goals.

Not sure if this break is going to be good or bad for us this this early in the season. For the first 3 games I thought we looked tired and lethargic.

In our next 4 games we've got 2 tough ones and 2 very winnable ones. If we beat West Coast and Essendon and pinch one of Carlton and Port, I reckon we're back on track.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:01 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
shawthing wrote:
^

So like Brayshaw hes done then , how sad , it looked such an inconsequential accidental bump in the GF?? He has a heart as big as a pumpkin, as old Jock said. Tragic. Surprised

It wasn't that one bump, it was the cumulative effect of probably 20 concussions since he started playing footy. Paddy McCarten from Sydney was exactly the same and the bump that finally ended his career was so innocuous.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:26 pm

A lot of negative comments
First half was good
Second poor
We need a kpf we will not get one, good ones go top three in the draft, when was the last time we had a great draft pick?
We need some young mids to step up, is anyone producing in the VFL?
Pendles went off we lost our way, our players need to adapt to this

Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:12 pm

masoncox wrote:
23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
Can we just take the win got the 4 points now move on the next game
Stating to gain pace now
We won and we take the points enough said

Happy with this win

Yeah, but you're Mason Cox.
Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:22 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
What’s worse than playing poorly and still winning ??

Once we’ve all agreed on the answer, then the best we can do is hope for a better effort against Port. We’ll all know more in two weeks, so let’s all cool our jets ( which won’t happen of course ) until we see their response against Port.

Playing poorly and losing? Do I get to spin a wheel or something, now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: