Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Please quote me after the game. Collingwood will not let this slip. We will be really fired up and win by 20 points or more. We will not lose this game.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:53 pm

Hawks forward duo forced on sidelines
Mitch Lewis and Nick Watson will be unavailable

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/1520733/injury-update-on-lewis-and-watson

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:12 pm

I don’t think you can dismiss the difficulty that comes with playing four games in 19 days ( only four teams had been asked to played all four rounds )
Our game day concerns have been two fold, both a lack of pressure and a lack of skill. We finally addressed the pressure gauge on the weekend but the skill errors were way to frequent for a reigning premier. This is where short turnarounds make it difficult to improve skills and ball craft because training sessions during short weeks are nothing more than rehab, no contact and kick to kick. Hardly the platform needed to improve your skills under match conditions. I would think the ten day break, followed by the bye, will prove to be the best thing for us. Time to do a reset based around skill work under match day conditions and maybe an “ honesty session “ around each players commitment and application to the task at hand.
Despite all the tactics and strategies accompanying the modern game, in an equalised competition, the requirement to win a game of footy has never been simpler. The team who applies the most pressure longer, nearly always wins ( poor goal kicking aside) That was our DNA that won us the flag last year and that’s what we need to quickly find if we’re going to play finals again in 2024.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:00 pm

I find it absolutely amazing that now its all about Ginni's unfair treatment.
Of course in the week leading up to the game against Collingwood.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:15 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
...and about as capable of imposing himself in a contest as a mildly perturbed catholic school girl.

Strong words there....

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:05 pm

Hawks by 25 because, why? Because it's the Hawks and for whatever reason, we shit ourselves when we play them
Hawks have won 15 of the past 20 games and 32 of the past 50 games.

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:23 pm

^ My apologies to the lad…was obviously said in jest. Truly wish him the best! I just can’t understand how considering the investment and time he’s spent on the list and all the ‘sport science’ and facilities afforded to him he hasn’t been able to add any muscle to his frame ala the way Naicos and Q have.

Can’t reiterate enough how much I hope he makes it and solidifies his spot…but based on evidence to date he really hasn’t shown he can or ever will. Same can be said for Carmichael. Not sure why some on here are so obsessed with getting them into the team when they’re just not up to it. Neither of them has any real elite or above average attribute or skill and have only been average at best in the VFL. I get it we’re scrapping the bottom of the barrel, but why should they be gifted spots in a premiership side no less?

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:16 pm

It's time to only play two out of these three each week:
* Mitchell
* Steele
* Pendles
Too slow otherwise. Allows us to start blooding Richards, Allan, Sullivan or Macrae

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:53 pm

I'll be taking the $2.80 for 40+ in this one.
The ferocity will only intensify from here, Pies by 53 points.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:14 pm

This to me is our most important game v hawthorn
It’s a must win
Kruger you would think is straight in at CHF
piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:28 am

Getting a bit sick of all the Ginnivan media. He’s had a fair old sook about the pies not showing him any love. Not a single word spoken about the toilets in the Torquay pub at the start of the season…

Watch him get paid several free kicks for too high this weekend after the Spuds at HQ came out and confessed that they missed some last week. Don’t worry tho, Laura Kane reassured us that they absolutely do not umpire any individual or team differently… wink, wink. Don’t worry about the code’s integrity - all good here… ). They absolutely do umpire this guy differently - because he made them look like fools early with his method. Now the umps would rather miss one that appear to be “conned”.

Anyway. Obviously must win. Still feels like we need to atone for that fiasco late last season.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:43 am

I'm somewhat concerned about the concentration of games we've played going into this.
Be interesting to read how the 30+ y/o lads perform on the track.
Looking for some fresh legs to be brought into the mix.

In : Sullivan / Bytel
Out : Pendlebury

Otherwise no change. Retain Crisp as the Sub. Get him fresh for the return post the bye.

Hawks Injury Update :
Prized draft pick Nick Watson will spend at least the next month on the sidelines after injuring his ankle on Easter Monday. Scans revealed a medium-grade syndesmosis injury. Lewis has been ruled out of Gather Round due to a low-grade hamstring strain. Wingard is edging closer to a return to full training after rupturing his Achilles last August.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:46 am

inxs88 wrote:
It's time to only play two out of these three each week:
* Mitchell
* Steele
* Pendles
Too slow otherwise. Allows us to start blooding Richards, Allan, Sullivan or Macrae

Good morning Mr inxs88.

This is a very prudent observation- on the dry grounds there is inevitably a question around leg-speed if we play all three at the one time.
The variable with these three is come June/July/August when the game becomes somewhat of a slog with wetter ground conditions.
It is then where our three midfield veterans become very important.

Mitchell is certainly required as an inside mid- Pendles can alternate between centre and as the seventh defender to Marshall the troops which leaves the conundrum of how to best employ Sidebottom??
I have been advocating the use of Sidebottom as a small forward (he is an elite runner, has skills on both sides of his body and, can kick a goal or two). He would be a very good option as the hit-up forward as the ball transitions from defence.

I am all for the reintroduction of Harrison or debut of Ed Allan on the wing- their pace is elite and would certainly add to the fleetness of foot of our senior team.

Hawthorn are an opponent who really puts it to Collingwood and deserve to be respected, but not feared... The absence of Lewis is a big plus for us- he really gives their forward line structure.
The midfield battle will be intense- Newcombe, Worpel and their mates are quite talented. The young guy, McKenzie will continue to grow as a quality mid to be sure.

However, I expect De Goey, Lipinski, Mitchell, Crisp and Pendles to rise to this big occasion.
We have no excuse this week- we should be well-rested after a tough win in Brisbane and the confidence should be on the rise.
If we get back to 2-3, the players should get a sense we will still have a say in the 2024 season with a huge game at The 'G against Port to follow.
Whatever the result Sunday, I do believe that we must begin to bleed some younger players into the senior team. The conundrum is who to leave out/manage.

The VFL has a bye this weekend; post-bye, I can imagine their numbers to include Krueger, Steene and, hopefully, Murphy who continues to step up his training load and contact drills.

The depth of the Magpies will be tested and I can foresee many senior players being 'managed' to get us through this marathon season. (Begg for Cox, Steene for Cameron, Markov for Howe, Allan for Sidebottom, etcetera).

Floreat Pica- Pies by 11 points in a tough one..

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:01 pm

Last year I hopped on a flight heading back to Australia and thought I would just watch the replay of us beating the Hawks when I got home. Upon landing and switching on my phone, message after message saying we lost.
Bogey Team
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:54 pm

Culprit wrote:
Last year I hopped on a flight heading back to Australia and thought I would just watch the replay of us beating the Hawks when I got home. Upon landing and switching on my phone, message after message saying we lost.
Bogey Team

Show some faith in the reigning premiership team 😁 they will not lose and watch for some of the quieter players so far this season gain form and rip into the dawks. You will love the replay this weekend 😉 Enjoy the popcorn 🍿

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: