Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed the petition for an EGM because I have never been happy with the lack of elections in the club since Eddie became President. I disliked the way that Board membership was manipulated (mid-term resignations followed by mid-term appointments) so that any challenge to the Board was always a challenge to the incumbents. Effectively the Collingwood Board became the Board of a private company in what used to be a membership run football club.

BUT, it appears that the EGM would have led to an election that looked a lot like a dispute between two groups both connected to the old regime and its private Corporate style of governance. While I would support the continuation of Jodie Sizer, Paul Licuria and Peter Murphy on the Board I am not too keen on the rest of them. I would not vote for Browne who seems to have all of Eddie's disadvantages and none of his advantages.

I still think that we should have an EGM to allow open membership feedback (rather than merely on line polls) but at the moment I have no one to vote for.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:39 pm

Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
70% of Collingwood supporters wanted Buckley gone and the current board delivered that.

Have you got evidence for this statement about 70% or is it made up?

70% of statistics are made up.
RickyWatt23 Sagittarius

RickyWatt23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:44 pm

Dr Pie wrote:

"I signed the petition for an EGM because I have never been happy with the lack of elections in the club since Eddie became President. I disliked the way that Board membership was manipulated (mid-term resignations followed by mid-term appointments) so that any challenge to the Board was always a challenge to the incumbents. Effectively the Collingwood Board became the Board of a private company in what used to be a membership run football club.

BUT, it appears that the EGM would have led to an election that looked a lot like a dispute between two groups both connected to the old regime and its private Corporate style of governance. While I would support the continuation of Jodie Sizer, Paul Licuria and Peter Murphy on the Board I am not too keen on the rest of them. I would not vote for Browne who seems to have all of Eddie's disadvantages and none of his advantages.

I still think that we should have an EGM to allow open membership feedback (rather than merely on line polls) but at the moment I have no one to vote for."
This is exactly what I and other long term members want!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:13 pm

Dr Pie wrote:
I signed the petition for an EGM because I have never been happy with the lack of elections in the club since Eddie became President. I disliked the way that Board membership was manipulated (mid-term resignations followed by mid-term appointments) so that any challenge to the Board was always a challenge to the incumbents. Effectively the Collingwood Board became the Board of a private company in what used to be a membership run football club.

I still think that we should have an EGM to allow open membership feedback (rather than merely on line polls) but at the moment I have no one to vote for.

My view exactly!

Rudeboy, are you still thinking of running? You 100% should. Time to put the power back into the hands of the ordinary supporter.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:19 pm

AGM in December. Just wow, they really don’t want members involved. Everything will be done and dusted by then. By the way, enough member signatures have been collected for an EGM, it’s in the club constitution. The club still hasn’t released info as requested, also breaching the constitution.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:27 pm

From club website:

"Recent discussions with members, including life-long fan and Legends member David Hatley, have been constructive and fruitful.

A number of member-focused initiatives have emerged from these discussions, the first of which is an agreement to hold the 2021 annual general meeting in December at which time members will have the opportunity to participate in the election of three directors."

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/959691/2021-agm-to-be-held-in-december

Why only 3 directors?
I assume only 3 spots open for re-election.
Does that include Bridie O'Donnell the board member seconded but not eligible to vote because she did not meet eligibility rules?

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:53 pm

That's not the worst compromise, in my opinion
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:56 pm

Bridie McBulldog will have immunity, she got made VP despite the constitution within a year after all. It’d look bad for the club if she got dumped.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:02 pm

David wrote:
Dr Pie wrote:

My view exactly!

Rudeboy, are you still thinking of running? You 100% should. Time to put the power back into the hands of the ordinary supporter.

Thanks David. Yes, at the next AGM there should be 3 positions up for election. No doubt Browne will contest with a couple of running mates. When that time comes, I intend to run also, in order to provide an independent voice/choice for members. Obviously I'll have plenty more to say at the time, but my main platform will be around our club's lack of transparency and integrity. There has been, and continues to be, far too much use of media spin from our club and in the process we have lost much of what historically made us the people's club.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:13 pm

That is wonderful news, RB. I hope all of us here can get behind you.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:19 pm

Election of three board members is a good compromise.

I hope that a 'member' rep gets up.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:48 pm

I understand that the Board may need to co-opt directors from time to time, but an amendment to the constitution that requires that to be at least verified by a vote at the next AGM might reinforce the need for member engagement.
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:00 pm

New Collingwood petition frontman Vic Nicholas says the bid to force an EGM is still on. "The suggestion it’s all off and David (Hatley) has ridden off into the sunset is jumping the gun." Says club has again been asked for members registry, with an eye to a post-season EGM. (Sam Edmund Twitter)
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:18 pm

robevpau1 wrote:
New Collingwood petition frontman Vic Nicholas says the bid to force an EGM is still on. "The suggestion it’s all off and David (Hatley) has ridden off into the sunset is jumping the gun." Says club has again been asked for members registry, with an eye to a post-season EGM. (Sam Edmund Twitter)

😂😂, yeh, yeh, blah blah, until they get what they want.
What was it they wanted? Cheaper beer & cheaper pies?
All they accomplished was getting rid off two great club men for some cheaper beer.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:36 pm

Um... what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 111 of 182   

Jump to: