Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Swans. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Only change I see is Howe in for Noble, meaning someone else is the Sub as Howe will start.

The Lizard will take off if he gets the ball, that's what he does, but we don't need to play a defensive forward on him, just have our midfield pack up and block exits which is SOP really.

No need to panic, all the pieces are there, just need better focus. I'm not convinced Ash is the answer as 2nd tall, I'd prefer Reef, but I can't see him being dropped after 1 game, he'll get at least 3 poor ones in a row before being dropped.

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:49 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
WE lost last week to GWS, which are a 4 goal better team up there, we lost by 5 had more scoring shots, and at least 9 players way down, out of sorts, including Pendles. THAT wont happen again. NO way Jose. Swans beat a disunited rabble in the Deees, racked by internal problems, at their pissy chardonnay tiny oval. THIS is at OUR MCG, our turf, we unfurl the flag, the magpie army salute, then we get down to real hard work, to quote Fly. WE wiil be in a filthy mood too, out to make amends. Woods by 20+ points.

Did you actually watch Sydney dismantle the Dees last week? Grundy and Heeney BoG. It will be a mighty struggle for us to win against their red hot form.
And one more thing. Show a bit more respect to the opposition. I'm sick of your "pissy" fits about opposition teams and their grounds. If they didn't exist there'd be no AFL and no Collingwood. Talk about giving people on social media the idea Collingwood fans are still toothless morons.
And footy has evolved way beyond moods and attitudes these days. It's about having the best system (which is exactly why we won the flag last year). If we had relied on talent or attitude alone in 2023 we'd have struggled to make the eight let alone win the flag.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:16 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Magpies ordered ‘back to basics’ in firm response to poor opener as star’s return looms

* Jeremy Howe likely back
* Charlie Dean could be still be needed against a Swans forward line boasting three talls
* Nathan Murphy training for contact
* Finlay Macrae a chance (to take Mitchell's spot)

"McRae said the more pressing issue was to address basic errors which had cost goals at the other end. It’s amazing the little things that we just didn’t get right – simple things, so simple that we just have to get back to it and take pride in those little things,” he said.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/collingwood-magpies/magpies-ordered-back-to-basics-in-firm-response-to-poor-opener-as-stars-return-looms/news-story/8287bc8a131410b371050ce0a16388b4

^Thanks for the link.
Fly's attitude towards AJ's poor game is very interesting as well. He seems to blame our lethargic and ineffectual ball movement as much as AJ himself for his non-impact. Judging from his comments in this interview, it seems highly likely to me that AJ won't be dropped. Instead our mids and half backs will be ordered to train the roof down in order
to re-activate the ultra aggressive, ultra rapid ball movement we saw last year. This team won a Premiership last year. I know AJ wasn't part of that team, but Fly backs the team in (as he should) to get the ball movement right on Friday night, and backs in AJ as well to take advantage of it.

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:35 pm

Jezza wrote:
Exciting to be back at home and unfurling the flag. Haven't seenany details on the unfurling and what time it will start. Hopefully the club releases some details soon. From what I can gather and my memories of 2011, I think it's advisable for supporters to arrive early so they don't miss it..

It was mentioned on AFL 360 that the flag unfurling will commence at 6:15 pm.
There won’t be much of a crowd there at that time.
What are the club thinking by doing it at such an early time.

BARRACK HARD!
themaster 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:58 pm

Too hard to have a big crowd for that. It should be done just before the tram runs out. Get the crowd fired up.
It's like they want to bury it. Hopefully they reconsider. Drinks and food are too expensive to spend and extra 1.5 hours in the MCG
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:02 pm

1eyedpie wrote:
It was mentioned on AFL 360 that the flag unfurling will commence at 6:15 pm.
There won’t be much of a crowd there at that time.
What are the club thinking by doing it at such an early time.

Thanks for posting those details.
In 2011, it was a 7pm start so this is earlier than I anticipated.

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:25 pm

I think the Leigh Mathew’s remark have spooked the club.
They are robbing thousands of supporters the joy of unfurling the flag.
Poor form from the club if you ask me.

BARRACK HARD!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:39 am

LaurieHolden wrote:
One of the biggest match-up headaches for us is who has the physical attributes to counter a player that is 195cm - 80kg athletic, skill-full and runs like a whippet in Nick 'the lizard' Blackey
McCreery possesses the requisite pace but gives away 15cm.
WHE also gives away 10cm

McCreery and WHE are both listed at 186, so 9cm shorter than Blakey

mattdally wrote:
Said it last week and I'll say it again. If Noble plays we lose. Said it last year before the first final against the Dees.

We were 18-5 with him last year, and 3 of those losses were by 4-5 goals which I don't think you can hang on one non-key position defender. The previous year we were 17-8 with him playing and again 3 losses were 4+ goals. Even in finals we're 3-4 with him playing, so hardly a guaranteed loss

Either way, 80-something games in a row says the coaches love him and I'll leave the final word to Fly (albeit prior to last week's game):

“John will play – I haven’t had a chance to tell him that. We want our players to keep coming back and getting better. He clearly didn’t get what he wanted at the end of last year but the way he presented himself, he’s now fitter and stronger, he’s put on about four or five kilos and I think you can see that. You need guys like Johnny to get us back where we want to be.”

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:18 am

Email from the club regarding the unfurling:

Quote:
Collingwood will unfurl the 2023 Premiership Flag on Friday night ahead of the side’s Round One match at the MCG.

Gates open at 5.30pm with the Club encouraging all Members and supporters to get to the G’ early. The match commences at an earlier-than-usual time of 7.40pm.

From 3pm, the Club will be open for the Magpie Army with the March to the G’ activation to include a BBQ, food trucks, face painting, and giveaways. The Club’s Museum, café, and lounge will also be open to the public.

The March to the G’, led by past player Paul Licuria, will depart the AIA Vitality Centre at 5.10pm.

At the G’, the Welcome to Country will be held at 6.16pm with the Premiership Flag Unfurling ceremony to commence at 6.24pm.

Collingwood’s 2024 side will enter the arena at 6.55pm for their first warm-up, with team entry at 7.29pm and the first bounce scheduled for 7.40pm.

KEY TIMINGS

3:00pm - Fan activation at AIA Vitality Centre
5:10pm - March to the G departs for Gate 1 at the MCG
5:30pm - MCG Gates open to the public
6:16pm - Welcome to Country by Uncle Colin Hunter
6:24pm - Flag Unfurling Ceremony commences
6:34pm - Flag Unfurling Ceremony concludes
6:50pm - Arena clear – Collingwood team warm up
7:29pm - Collingwood team entry
7:40pm - First Bounce – Round 1 Collingwood v Sydney Swans

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:58 am

I understand the logic of waiting for a couple of weeks before dropping players, but I actually think we need to change it up now. Dean did OK, but he needs to make way for the return of Howe. Mitchell will no doubt be needed in the trenches come September, but right now we need a bit more zip around the packs, which points to a promotion of Macrae into the team. As for Johnson, he was way, way too insipid for my liking. It's one thing to have a bad game, but his inability to find space anywhere or even to apply some defensive pressure, suggests to me that the kid just may not have the nous to make it as an AFL player. He has incredible skills and I like him, but to dish up what he did against the midgets was not good. He needs to put in a few weeks of manic pressure football in the VFL before being considered again for a senior berth. Reef should come in.

Ins: Howe, Macrae, McInnes

Outs: Dean, Mitchell, Johnson
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:14 pm

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WE lost last week to GWS, which are a 4 goal better team up there, we lost by 5 had more scoring shots, and at least 9 players way down, out of sorts, including Pendles. THAT wont happen again. NO way Jose. Swans beat a disunited rabble in the Deees, racked by internal problems, at their pissy chardonnay tiny oval. THIS is at OUR MCG, our turf, we unfurl the flag, the magpie army salute, then we get down to real hard work, to quote Fly. WE wiil be in a filthy mood too, out to make amends. Woods by 20+ points.

Did you actually watch Sydney dismantle the Dees last week? Grundy and Heeney BoG. It will be a mighty struggle for us to win against their red hot form.
And one more thing. Show a bit more respect to the opposition. I'm sick of your "pissy" fits about opposition teams and their grounds. If they didn't exist there'd be no AFL and no Collingwood. Talk about giving people on social media the idea Collingwood fans are still toothless morons.
And footy has evolved way beyond moods and attitudes these days. It's about having the best system (which is exactly why we won the flag last year). If we had relied on talent or attitude alone in 2023 we'd have struggled to make the eight let alone win the flag.

Oh pardon me for having a opinion different too yours, so in your brain home ground advantage means nothing at all,, jack shit, tell that too the Cats, or the Lions who dominate their home games, against al opposition, as do the GWS. Why is the Gabba called the Gabbatoir ?? cos the home ground advantage is huge, any dickhead knows that. GWS fielded the same team against us in the PF down here, and we won, on the MCG, had it been up there we would have lost the PF. You are a total pessimist half glass empty type, so much pessimism, you must enjoy our defeats, get a ride out of it, Toothless morons, ?? Your the toothless moron, denigrating our Premiership team, saying it had little talent and attitude, should not have made the 8, what a total ludicrous thing to say . I reckon your warped views are very much in the minnoriy amongst true Magpies fans like on here. Dont bother replying, im done with your drivel.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:20 pm

Ins: Macrae, Frampton
Outs: Mitchell, Cox

Going to save Howe for one more week. Cox was putrid last week. AJ very lucky to survive but needs another chance. Frampton to cover KB and ruck support with Johnson.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:41 pm

shawthing wrote:

Are you kidding me? I remember thousands of people saying that we could ever beat Brisbane in the GF because of their red hot form! How did that work out for them?
Also you have completely got the respect issue back to front. I can tell you that for years, it was bloody obvious that if you didn’t have Collingwood, you’d never have the AFL 🙄 At times, you need to look at the history of the VFL and the AFL before you make silly comments. Also when did most Collingwood fans ever worry about being liked by the opposition clubs and fans? The day that the feral Carlscum fools in Bendigo “like” or “respect” Collingwood is the day I give up following footy! In my entire lifetime not many other things have ever brought me joy than being hated by the Scum fans! We must never perform for the sake of pleasing others 😳 Bugger that! I’d love to be thought of as a toothless moron because this again shows how bloody stupid and dumb some Collingwood haters are 😀 Who cares what idiots in the social media think? And why should we care? I wouldn’t ever want them to change their demented brain damaged views 😜 Oldies like Piesnchess and I have seen and copped the best Collingwood haters have dealt out and we are still here to fight another day 😊 Bring it on!! We shall not be moved 😆 😁

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:02 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
One of the biggest match-up headaches for us is who has the physical attributes to counter a player that is 195cm - 80kg athletic, skill-full and runs like a whippet in Nick 'the lizard' Blackey. He's a generational talent.
McCreery possesses the requisite pace but gives away 15cm.

The Lizard doesn't like it hot, I'd play McCreery on him and get him to play tight and physical; a quarter of that and the Lizard will be less inclined to run off half back, you mark my words

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:06 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Oh pardon me for having a opinion different too yours, so in your brain home ground advantage means nothing at all,, ...

Nothing beats footy season on Nicks; so playful

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: