Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cameras

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:03 pm
Post subject: CamerasReply with quote

<split from "Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan" thread>

think positive wrote:
I was in the canon store in South Melbourne today, buying a new sports camera! The dude was a carlton supporter, and He was so full of praise for Fly, and the last 2 years our club has had!

So that put you in a good mood and you went for the SuperDuper Canon instead of just the Super Canon? Question Idea
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
think positive wrote:
I was in the canon store in South Melbourne today, buying a new sports camera! The dude was a carlton supporter, and He was so full of praise for Fly, and the last 2 years our club has had!

So that put you in a good mood and you went for the SuperDuper Canon instead of just the Super Canon? Question Idea

hehe!! i already knew exactly what i wanted!!

Today I bought the R7 cropped sensor mirrorless specifically for the footy and birding!!! That made me very happy!!

In January I bought the R6 mk2 mirrorless with the money I made shooting 2 weddings, Christmas and newborn sessions so thats special to me, its full frame, so i dont get the extra zoom you get with a cropped sensor!!

The camera I have been using, 7Dmkii is a cropped sensor, and when i bought the 10 frames per second was amazing, its got brilliant auto focus and tracking, and its not dead yet, its 6 years old and Ive shot 116,500 pics with it in that time!!! Cropped sensor means you get 1.6 factor zoom built in, so when i shoot 200mm at the footy im actually shooting at 320mm!

There is a super deal on the R7 at the moment, $300 off the camera and you can redeem a free bluetooth mini tripod/handgrip worth $140 and a microphone worth $150! And it shoots 15FPs mechanical, and up to 30FPS electronic!!

having 2 mirrorless means the buttons and menus are very similar, I can set both up the same, and eventually ill switch to all mirrorless lenses!

cheers!!

K 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:04 pm

Yeah, after the 1st 3 paras, was gonna ask about "mirrorless". Standard lenses have mirrors?! To do what?
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:22 am

The mirror is in the body of the camera, see image:

K 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:29 pm

Thanks, B5. So the mirrors are just for the human eye.

I guess the image is actually recorded around the sensor/shutter region?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:13 am

correct! the mirror reflects the view TTL -through the lens - to the eye piece.

from the link: "Mirrorless cameras do away with the mirror and use an electronic viewfinder (EVF) instead, meaning the image you see isn't what's being reflected through the lens. It's an electronic preview of what your camera sees. Some people prefer this system because it allows you to see the exposure change in real time as you change your camera settings while you look through the viewfinder. When the shutter is pressed, it simply opens to expose the camera's sensor to light and record the image."

And correct again, the image is recorded on the sensor. The shutter curtains lift up and expose the sensor to light, that's what images are, light. The main sensor sizes are 35 mm and cropped, different manufacturers have different size cropping. 35mm is known as full frame, or 1:1, and is in keeping with old 35mm SLR cameras. A cropped sensor is cheaper to manufacture, (MP is decided by the quality of the sensor, the better the sensor the higher the megapixels.) and usually not as good in low light situations due to less surface area. The canon cropped sensor gives you a 1.6 zoom factor, Ie if I shoot with a 100mm lens I'm actually shooting at 160mm, so for the footy I can shoot at 320mm with a 200mm (the max allowed) lens. This is also beneficial when shooting things like wildlife, motor racing, etc.

https://www.howtogeek.com/772510/mirrorless-vs-dslr-cameras/

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:33 am

Nice. I never got into photography myself, but I do love photography exhibitions, especially of people and urban environments.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:35 pm

people?

yours truly selfie with a tripod and timer!

I love waterfalls!!!

Sunwapta falls, Alberta Canada

and, of course, more people!!!

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:31 pm

Haha nice! I can just imagine the smell of that landscape. Could you hear that waterfall or was it too far away? North America?? Rockies spruce and fir forest?

Speaking of landscapes, have you seen the show Hudson and Rex? Weak acting but we watch it to see Rex, the German shepherd, plus it's set on Canada's east coast, and has really got me wanting to visit.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:12 am

pietillidie wrote:
Haha nice! I can just imagine the smell of that landscape. Could you hear that waterfall or was it too far away? North America?? Rockies spruce and fir forest?

Speaking of landscapes, have you seen the show Hudson and Rex? Weak acting but we watch it to see Rex, the German shepherd, plus it's set on Canada's east coast, and has really got me wanting to visit.

No I haven’t I’ll have to look for it!

The waterfall is in Canada, it’s in Banff National Park, just off the Icefields parkway. Yes you can hear it! It’s huge, I walked right up to the base,got wet taking shots! Just amazing! Our second road trip from Calgary to Jasper, via lake Louise and Banff. It’s heaven on earth, lake Louise a get crowded, but we stayed 2 nights within 500 metres of the lake, so I got to see it before and after the crowds! The rest is always manageable. All ican say is go! It’s the best ofthe us without trump and guns, but it’s also a lot like Australia. We spent 6 days Road tripping, then took another Alaskan cruise from Vancouver late August. Last time we went in spring, this time start of autumn. It’s incredible.

Niagara Falls on the east coast is mind boggling.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:23 am

^Fantastic. I know people in Vancouver and Halifax, so I've got both coasts covered. Defo one worth planning, I reckon.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:53 pm

Goodonya Jo,

All the tech talk about cameras remined me we did some stuff on Cameras back in High School science. I think it was Yr 8 before Science was split into physics and chemistry. Old late 70's cameras with actual film. We did some work on how the lenses worked, different shutter speeds and developed our own photos in a makeshift dark room and I understood none of it, despite being quite good at physics and chemistry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: