Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#8 Lachie Schultz

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very exciting.

Great to see the club isn't standing still in the pursuit of further success.

He's a great pressure player and will complement our forward structure well.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:01 pm

Just watched the Lachie Schulz interview. He looks like Checkers' younger brother. Can hardly wait to see these two line up in our f50.
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:00 am

A raging little bull with a wicked goal sense. Can't help to notice how adept he is on both feet. Shoota Schultz, Bobby Hill, Billy Elliott and Beau McCreery terrorising backmen in our forward half excites me. Season can't start quick enough.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:49 pm

'I'm loving every minute': Schultz
Collingwood Recruit Lachie Schultz spoke to the media for the first time as a Pie, during the second week of his first Pre-Season in black and white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr3dswUo8AI

“There were discussions elsewhere”: How Collingwood edged out rivals to secure star recruit
https://www.zerohanger.com/there-were-discussions-elsewhere-how-collingwood-edged-out-rivals-to-secure-star-recruit-146219/

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:11 pm

Certain to line up Round one
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:25 am

Schultz can fit our game plan like a piece of a jigsaw puzzle.

Not to say they can't play, but Adams and Ginni, were both required to play a role not really suited to their strengths. In fact, average compared to what Shultz will bring.

I think we will be jumping out of our seats.

Think James Clement and Paul Medhurst value … Thank you again Fremantle
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:33 am

Think Shultz although not like for like to Dan McStay but his known skills can bring goals.
That was what we got Dan for. To kick them or get the ball to our fleet foot forwards to kick them

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:00 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Think James Clement and Paul Medhurst value … Thank you again Fremantle

^
Medhurst came at exactly the right time for us in 2007, his 3 kicks and 3 goals against a premiership Geelong backline littered with AA stars that night nearly got us into the GF.
His 50 goals in the 2008 season I thought was as good as I've seen from a Collingwood small forward in the AFL era. (that said, pause and reflect on the Paicosian 97 goals through the 1990 season, that's how good he was)

Unfortunately, Medhursts ankle injury in 2009, (then Rocca's injuries) killed our ability to kick scores against the competitions best, and that's the last we'd see of them.

I mention this as that's the downside of McStay going down. A forward mix of McStay and Mihocek as sentinels along with Johnson / McInnes, Schultz, Elliott and Hill would have been something to behold, and very difficult to defend against.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:06 am

Personally I think Schultz will be huge for us during his time at Collingwood. If you can kick 63 goals in two years in a team with the slowest most indirect ball movement in the competition while still copping the oppositions best small defender every week, then I don’t see how he can’t kick 40 + a season in black and white ( injury aside )
He’s now back home and is a noted professional on the track. Could easily win our goal kicking if he remains injury free and his defensive work will help keep the ball in our forward line longer and increase our scoring opportunities.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:51 am

I've a gut feeling we know what we were getting and he's going to enjoy the big stage as much as we will watching him.

With the prospect of Elliott, Hill & Schultz lining up together, I haven't been as excited since we presented a small forward combination of Davis, Didak Elliott and Medhurst going into the 2010 season.

With Mihocek crashing packs and similarly Cox and Cameron resting forward doing the same, should give plenty of crumbing opportunities for all three of our smalls.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:36 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Personally I think Schultz will be huge for us during his time at Collingwood. If you can kick 63 goals in two years in a team with the slowest most indirect ball movement in the competition while still copping the oppositions best small defender every week, then I don’t see how he can’t kick 40 + a season in black and white ( injury aside )
He’s now back home and is a noted professional on the track. Could easily win our goal kicking if he remains injury free and his defensive work will help keep the ball in our forward line longer and increase our scoring opportunities.

I've heard he gives the grog a fair hiding from my freo sources.

Don't get me wrong I love the way he plays and agree, will be a big plus for us.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:23 pm

^^^’
Ha, he quite possibly likes a beer and if he did, he wouldn’t be alone. Obviously you can still work hard on the track and enjoy a beer afterwards. As long as you don’t drink alcohol during rehab ( alcohol in blood stream slows recovery ) break a player self imposed ban and still keep meeting your physical KPIs, clubs dont generally get to bent out of shape over a celebratory grog or few. These days, with GPS data on every players performances, there’s nowhere to hide if the grog starts having a negative impact on your training and game day efforts.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:55 pm

Skids wrote:
I've heard he gives the grog a fair hiding from my freo sources.

Don't get me wrong I love the way he plays and agree, will be a big plus for us.

Yikes. Keep him away from Steele then!
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:32 pm

Lachie Schultz predicted to have All-Australian season
“This is a shrewd piece of recruiting from the Pies’ list management group,” Jenkins said on SEN The Run Home.

“I think we’ll all truly work out how dangerous and potent the former Docker is after half a season.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/01/29/talls-offer-upside-as-jenkins-backs-pies-recruit-to-be-an-all-australian/

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:57 pm

The proof will be in the pudding as they say! As long as he is equal to or better than Ginny, I’ll be very happy indeed. Looks like a great pick up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16   

Jump to: