Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies Wallop Weagles. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 4:30 pm
Post subject: Post Match. Pies Wallop Weagles. All comments.Reply with quote

Collingwood 15.13.103
West Coast 5.7.37

Goals: Macrae, McInnis 3, Bobby 2, Josh, Richards, Crisp, Sully, Nick, Lippa, Howe 1

Disposals: Nick 36, Crisp 32, Josh, Pendles 28, Noblet 25, Cameron 24, Sidey, Maynard 21, Lippa 19, H-E, Sully, Richards 18, Macrae, Moore 17

AF points: Nick 131, Crisp 130, Josh 120, Pendles 104, Noblet 98, Sidey 94, Cameron 90.

Let's hear ya !!

Last edited by Donny on Sat May 18, 2024 1:07 am; edited 8 times in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 4:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We’re in the 8! A very relaxing affair with the win being set up in the first half.

The highlight of the day was Joe Richards, particularly in the first half. Fantastic debut performance and deserves to be retained for next week’s match. Looks like we’ve found a good player there.

Only sour note of the day is a few injuries (Harrison, Howe and Bytel). Hopefully it’s a speedy recovery for all three players.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 4:33 pm

Happy enough. Weren’t challenged. Midfield dominant.
Big negative on injuries.
Dermie commentary mind numbing. Reid wasn’t in the top 25 players on the ground.
Onto bigger and better things.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 4:35 pm

All the in's had great games, as did Sullivan.

I note Sidebottom played a great game... Wink

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
think better 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 4:37 pm

With the injuries the Grundy/Adams cup becomes pretty difficult next week in the the Shoebox Cricket Ground
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 4:42 pm

Nice percentage booster, but at what price? Carnage.

The new boys all did well!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 4:52 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
I note Sidebottom played a great game... Wink

As ever, cleaned up repeatedly down back. 8 intercept possessions The most by anyone in the game)- and that's not taking into account his work spoiling in difficult circumstances and repeat pressure efforts. His workrate is so high and his ability to close down space so good that it's still like having an extra player.
DT 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:07 pm

think better wrote:
With the injuries the Grundy/Adams cup becomes pretty difficult next week in the the Shoebox Cricket Ground

What do you mean? Pies play Adelaide. Carlton play away against Sydney next week.

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:09 pm

Richards was outstanding in that first half. Reminded me of Barry Price with his speed and attack on the ball.

bobby Hill needs to stop trying to be a Harlem globetrotter and become an assassin

Creditable performance by Finn and Lachie Sulkivan, ok by Reef but I am not yet convinced.

Marvel is still a s*** ground.

Cox is cementing his role as a liability.

it was a solid win but the Weagles are not much of a benchmark.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:10 pm

DT wrote:
think better wrote:

What do you mean? Pies play Adelaide. Carlton play away against Sydney next week.
He tried to think better! Very Happy
❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:12 pm

Haff wrote:
Dermie commentary mind numbing. Reid wasn’t in the top 25 players on the ground.

In the light of day away from the one eyed manner we all watch the pies, the comments on Reid were very similar to the comments on Naicos when he first played, and that probably pissed off the non Collingwood fans. The commentators don’t bother me, they are just doing their jobs and we make the choice to listen to them or not. Living in Bendigo, I can tell you that Reid is a prodigious talent and I would give both my nuts to see him play for us. He is a gun who is only going to get better with experience. My son reckons he might have been a Collingwood supporter but maybe someone here can confirm that.
Given our current injuries, it was a fair win over a below average team trying their best to compete. Hopefully we will improve each week as the injured slowly return. All I wish for is no more injuries but it’s up to the Gods to listen to me 🙄

think better 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:43 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
DT wrote:
think better wrote:

He tried to think better! Very Happy

whoops - Didn't quite work, maybe not thinking at all!

Pete 70 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:44 pm

The Giant awakes
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 6:01 pm

Nice win, we put it in Angel Gear* in the last with so many injuries but the really satisfying thing was how many of the newbies just played their role and fitted into the system

Richards in particular will be hard to drop. 18 disposals, eight score involvements, three goal assists and 3 shots at goal is a great debut statistically but it was the way he did it. The kid is a footballer.

*Angel Gear for those younguns is when you kick the (old) manual car into neutral and just coast. The term comes from when you do that going down a steep hill.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 6:03 pm

Great win,considering we basically had a VFL forward line.All the new players were very good,especially Richards who seems like a really smart player.Sidey back to his best,maybe playing down back suits him more at this stage ?

The only downer was more injuries,at least theee more.I hope we can get some players back for next week,which will be a tough a game,but I read on the internet that Mcreery and Elliott have already been ruled out.😗
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: