Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The laugh at Steven May thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a dinner at which Mike Fitzpatrick was there. We discussed the 1981 GF. I was there as an 11 year old. He said, you were the better team that day, we were just lucky. It was a cool thing to say. I would be horrified if someone at Collingwood said what May had said because it’s what a looser says. Were you a better team, read the. Paper f…wit, it tells you who won
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:47 pm

BazBoy wrote:
And some plick from Adelaide Crows talking trash

Saying they lost to us twice Lost to Brisbane once & beat them once so they are better than the Grand Finalists

Frikin unbelievable some of these wankers

That would be their captain, Jordan Dawson.

Quality blokes these Adelaide captains. This guy, Tex Walker, Ricciuto, old mate Simon Goodwhinge

Not exactly Moore/Pendles/Maxy now, is it?
BenBronx 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:47 pm

Melboourne list boss Tim Lamb has rejected suggestions Melbourne has underperformed following Steven May's declaration they should have "smoked" premiers Collingwood during the finals.

May raised eyebrows at the Demons' best-and-fairest event last week when he claimed they were a better team than the Magpies this year.

The All-Australian's comments came after Melbourne exited the finals in straight sets for a second consecutive season, with narrow losses to Collingwood (seven points) and Carlton (two points).

"I don't want to talk about them constantly, but we lose to Collingwood and they go on to win the flag, and it f***ing hurts because we're a better team than them," May said last Friday night.

"We should have smoked them and to sit there on Grand Final day and watch them hoist the cup and get the medals ... I am sitting there going, 'Gee our team's so much better than these guys'.

"We should've been out there, but we weren't."

Melbourne list manager Lamb defended May, declaring the backman "a passionate, competitive guy who's still obviously really disappointed with what transpired in September".

Lamb denied the Demons had underperformed with a talented list, which has a horror 0-4 finals record since the breakthrough 2021 premiership.

"Underperformed is a strong word," he said. "It's almost a little bit disrespectful to the rest of the competition

"There's a lot of good teams. It's really, really even.

"Are we striving to win the flag? A hundred per cent, but it doesn't mean you're going to do it every year."
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:51 pm

They cocked up Grundy fiasco trade, whinged for days on end over Bruzza, and blame us for all their shit, straight sets losses, two yrs in a row. No doubt bout the Demons, they have nasty tridents up their assholes, rabid sore losers on the dummp spit.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:55 pm

Some stuff that's in house should never be aired outside. Imagine what our boys have said in the past. Clickbait from a dying industry that now leaks private txts, phone calls, emails... you name it... just to get their quotas up.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:19 pm

He got food poisoning from the all duck and no dinner. I don’t care if the jokes been told a dozen times already, I hope he never hears the end of it 😂
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:49 pm

Steven has a rap sheet longer than Chopper Read's for footy breaches. Campbell Brown Gold Coast Suns teammate LA Nightclub punchup, French Restaurant punchup with a teammate, overweight on arrival at the Dees. Hey Steven, sinc eyou joined the Dees it's:

Pies 8 Wins vs Dees 2 Wins

Maybe you've been smoking the cheech and chongs

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:49 pm

Cam wrote:
Some stuff that's in house should never be aired outside. Imagine what our boys have said in the past. Clickbait from a dying industry that now leaks private txts, phone calls, emails... you name it... just to get their quotas up.

NO mate, not really, the whinging dickhead said it at the Melb B and F, to a room with journos from the HUN, the Age, Guardian, plus all the TV footy reporters, sureh he knew that they were there, or is he just as dumb as dog shit, to not realise theyd let it out. Surprised

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:54 pm

Brings to mind the culture at the club with Ed Langdon mouthing off last year

Oliver nearly flicked out re his attitude

Now May

A pattern has formed

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:06 pm

No fookng wonder Oliver wants out, cant blame him now. !

piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:07 pm

I’d slightly seperate Dawson. I think the context was that while he was watching the grand final from his couch he said to team mates in a private text group “we only lost to these guys by a kick each time we played them, I know we could beat them of/when we play again”.

Frankly if we were in the same position I’d want our captain to say/think the same thing.

May in the other hand is a knob and reflective of the culture at that club IMO. The quotes I read came across as disrespectful and I’m sure they will be raised ahead of our next meeting (we all remember how “all duck no dinner” played out).

58pie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:33 pm

Thank God he never found his way to Collingwood. Not the type you ever want around. Looking forward to Charlie Dean in 24 & hope Murph is out of the woods but concussion can no longer be swept under the carpet. Johnny Noble is in my best team and hope we find the space for him and improve his shortcomings.
Wow 2023 ours forever. Go Pies.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:44 pm

It was absolutely disrespectful.I would cringe if any of our players made a statement like that after four consecutive finals losses.But luckily I don’t think any of our players would be as crass as that.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:34 pm

Still hasn't got over being ragdolled by McCreery!
The usual Champion players being rolled by a Champion team, he will never get over it!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:10 pm

Guys remember 18 months ago when I flagged he wouldn’t play us then a couple days later it become public knowledge he had a fight with a team mate ?
Well let me tell you he has a history of mouthing off when drinking
Suns where elated to get rid of him and a mate who’s very close to them said he was horrible for there culture
I can tell you with 100% certainty he’s not overly popular with some team mates over what he said
In fact there is 2 prominent players who are filthy with him and let the club know in no uncertain terms
Watch this space for some more drama coming out of Melbourne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: