Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

President Jeff Browne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a competition. Wanting to be #1 in every way, doesn't say we aren't focusing on a Premiership. It doesn't mean we have to be unsportsmanlike.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:05 am

Where'd they find this bloke? He's got the personality of a door knob.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:17 pm

Well, shit.

I never wanted this joker. But he's here now, so he's our man.

But... it was like he was recording a new song without warming up. It is a video of two halves. Second half, yeah man, got it going there. First half are you kidding me, it was so a draft... if we are so pro why go with that? If our media team signed off on that they need a kick in the arse. Why not simply record the first half again, or the whole damn thing again and get it smooth and right. If we want the club to be 'the envy of the nation' again ffs start with making our media A1 - WHICH IT WAS. Halfarsed doesn't cut it.

Anyway, one swallow doesn't make a blue movie but far canal let's get things back on track.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:37 pm

Cam wrote:
Well, shit.

But... it was like he was recording a new song without warming up. It is a video of two halves. Second half, yeah man, got it going there. First half are you kidding me, it was so a draft... if we are so pro why go with that? If our media team signed off on that they need a kick in the arse. Why not simply record the first half again, or the whole damn thing again and get it smooth and right. If we want the club to be 'the envy of the nation' again ffs start with making our media A1 - WHICH IT WAS. Halfarsed doesn't cut it.

Anyway, one swallow doesn't make a blue movie but far canal let's get things back on track.

Hopefully he stays out of Sight and not get Too Involved like Eddie.

Should got his Son to do it Wink

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:04 pm

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Thanks and no thanks. In another COVID year when attendance numbers are expecting to be down the cheapest membership entitling you to voting rights is about $750. I prefer to donate the money to the Salvation Army instead. Let me know Jeff when you have something better to offer.

Honestly, do you really think having voting rights makes any difference to the outcome? They also need to draw the line at something.

Yeah. A $750 line in the sand. At the Melbourne Football Club you can get voting rights for about $80 (and unlike Collingwood they won the premiership last year).
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:56 pm

Cam wrote:
Well, shit.

Completely agree Cam. Terrible first effort. His eyes bobbling about everywhere makes you feel like he can't be trusted.

Big T 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:32 am

Korda will be missed.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:08 am

I'd have to say I was whelmed...
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:07 am

Sounds like Richie Benaud, without the groomed and polished presentation skills.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:54 pm

Yeh coz speaking well will win us premership’s. 😂😂😂
You know who spoke well? Very well in fact, Ed.
The bloke who MC’s nearly every event in Melbourne. How many flags did the club win 23 years?
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:01 pm

Where are these millions of unsigned Collingwood supporters he speaks of? Anyway, I like his passion. Very sincere President. I call on Nicksters to give him a fair go. Stop criticising the Office of President!
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:53 pm

It wasn't a great video. Not a great start or first impression for some I guess.

There's only one way to be the envy of the competition. And it's not by having the most members. Collingwood has been consistent with membership numbers. We're always in the top 4 clubs. And at the end of it all, it's just a number isnt it. Yes other clubs have had a surge, but winning flags will always bring out the "I'm a member and have been for years" types who are really just into their second year of membership.

What they need to do is focus on the current members we have. Because many of them simply stay loyal but are rather unhappy. How many paid their membership in full over the past 2 seasons? And they have a photocopied thank you note to show for it.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:50 pm

Big T wrote:
Korda will be missed.

Ted Parker (The Club) is missed. Now there's a president who loves the CFC.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:13 pm

Bit late to the party as I was away but that was horrid. Hopefully all these amazing connections he apparently has will bear fruit and he’s just not a polished media performer but my god that was dry with very little substance. Not suggesting we start a new “sack the president” that but a complete swing and a miss for mine.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:30 pm

Essendon have promised premierships. But I also feel like that's a bad move. They've promised at least 1 flag in each competition; AFL, VFL, AFLW and VFLW, all within 5 seasons.

Every teams goal is to win the whole thing. Of course it is. But it is impossible to predict who will win a flag. Perhaps Essendon can do it, but ​what will happen if these flags aren't delivered?

I think the smart thing, would be to say we expect to be competitive and compete for a flag, because now they've put an expectation and time frame to actually win. And 4 competitions, although lets be honest there's only one that REALLY counts. No disrespect to the other competitions, I want to win those too, but the AFL flag is absolutely everything.

Anyway, for all we know the Suns and Roos could win 4 each before Collingwood or Essendon win 1. You just dont know. So yeah, put yourself in the conversation to compete for a flag, but never promise to deliver one. Because they're not easy to win. And sometimes the best team during the season doesn't get it done in finals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: