Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

President Jeff Browne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:45 pm
Post subject: Message from the President 18012022Reply with quote

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1048667/president-s-update-january?videoId=1048667&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1642482900001
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and no thanks. In another COVID year when attendance numbers are expecting to be down the cheapest membership entitling you to voting rights is about $750. I prefer to donate the money to the Salvation Army instead. Let me know Jeff when you have something better to offer.
#26 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:46 pm

Winning flags will also get membership numbers up, Jeff.
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:15 pm

I'm interested in the correlation between members numbers & on-field success.

Jeff may rightly presume that Collingwood's numbers will lead to success, and it's correct if you look at the likes of Richmond's recent success and them breaking the 100,000 barrier.

The only other club with their kind of numbers is West Coast (often playing in finals & pinched one off us not that long ago, dare I mention it)

But then there's clubs like Melbourne & the Bulldogs with half the members of Richmond.....

And the glory years of Brisbane & Hawthorn when their memberships were much less than the likes of Collingwood, Carlton or Essendon at the same time.

I suspect a well run footy department with great personnel/coach, along with very good recruitment, can bring more to the table than huge memberships can, depending on what you think "success" looks like.

I know the fans couldn't care less about our numbers, if we're winning prems.

Although you wouldn't expect a new Pres. to shrink from fund-raising according to his ticket, there's an argument to be had, that prioritizing on-field success will achieve the increase in numbers automatically.

Thoughts anyone?
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:19 pm

#26 you beat me to it, and with just 9 words!! Impressive
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:46 pm

That’s as tone deaf a communication that you’ll ever get!!

Who on earth thought this was a smart address to the clubs members?!

For two years, most people have struggled to keep their jobs, and looks like it’ll be a third year now, and this bloke who no doubt is flush with cash thinks it’s a great idea to appeal to more people to sign up?!

In the last two years we’ve barely been able to get to a game, so our memberships have basically been a donation….

Wow.

If this is a sign of what to expect from our new President, we’re cooked!!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:12 pm

Good to see membership growth is a key area of focus.

We’ve stagnated in this area in the last decade and been left behind by West Coast and Richmond.

Strong membership numbers can only be beneficial for the club and allow us to project our strength.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:15 pm

duggieboy wrote:
I'm interested in the correlation between members numbers & on-field success.

Thoughts anyone?

On-field success helps, but I think "hope" is a big thing. If there's a feeling of hopelessness over the club, then there's no incentive for a supporter to sign up.

A reset at a board, coaching and football department level will drive new enthusiasm and hope that the club is embarking on a new era to rise up the ladder again. A few good early results will help.

Had it been more of the same with Eddie and Bucks, I reckon numbers would have dropped off.

We need to be better at marketing ourselves. As an example, Carlton’s grown their membership by 30,000 in the last five years but have achieved nothing on field.

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:22 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Thanks and no thanks. In another COVID year when attendance numbers are expecting to be down the cheapest membership entitling you to voting rights is about $750. I prefer to donate the money to the Salvation Army instead. Let me know Jeff when you have something better to offer.

Honestly, do you really think having voting rights makes any difference to the outcome? They also need to draw the line at something.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:25 pm

I know there is a strong correlation between where a club finishes on the ladder and match attendances (pre COVID) so I think fair to say that likely applies to memberships as well.

On-field results sell memberships, not the other way around

To borrow an old Motorsport saying, “What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday”. Never heard anyone say what sells on Fri, wins on Sat”. For starters it doesn’t rhyme so it can’t be true

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:22 pm

The man should be in black and white or a Hard Yakka top if he wants people to sign up.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:21 am

I don't know. … I'd be just as happy if he said nothing, but damned if he did, and damned if he didn't.

I don't know why the critics demean the message as detrimental… did he say winning games isn't important ?

Restoring our DNA is a good start to giving the club back to supporters, I reckon.

Arrogance… it's Collingwood and the rest.

A stronger Collingwood leading the league, apart from the economics, helps the President negotiate with the AFL … He is doing his job. The challenge is in the open.

The coaches can do theirs.

We could have had some other nice people on board… But that would have made us snugly and cuddly, like North.

We want to go to the footy. We want to outnumber the opposition, and we want to expect to win every game.

Learn to stick together !

We are Collingwood, and they are NOT.

GO PIES
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:27 am

What did that get us over the last 60 years? 2 flags

Not very long ago someone said “We need to drop the ego and realize we’re not as good as we think we are”

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:27 am

I must say I'm rather perplexed that our esteemed President did not outline the important changes he has ushered in, to rectify the mess he told us the club was in when he launched his electoral campaign. Seems that everything was hunky dory after all.

I'm all for increasing our membership numbers, but ffs, give us an explanation of how we are now tracking better than before, and therefore worthy of attracting new members.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:35 am

Haven’t you heard, we have a new major sponsor

Now shut up and let us take your money

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: