Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The "Tragic Comedy " of Match Day Thread!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

shawthing wrote:
Some snowflakes need to HTFU!

If you don't like venting then stay the F away! You want turn the match day thread into a vanilla mutual stroking session go and watch Dancing with the Stars.

You are totally missing the point dude. No one is forcing you not to vent. Go vent for your life and knock yourself out 🙄 The problem is you abusing fellow Collingwood supporters. It’s akin to abusing your own family each week and I bet that if this happened to you, you wouldn’t cop it sweet. You remind me of the old Social club stand at Vic Park where the member wankers used to abuse our own players more than the umpires or the opposition 😳 Why be a Collingwood supporter if you hate them enough to abuse them? Doesn’t make any sense.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:23 pm

Pete 70 wrote:
Piesnchess, he stands and applauds. His love your posts mate, right up there with Lazza and Rudeboy. So influenced as a 13 year old in the mid-80s in the Rush Stand when I bagged Neville Shaw, and an old woman said to me “He’s one of ours son, never forget that.” Stuck with me. I think we’ve all had so much joy the past 18 months, and what a style of football. They aren’t machines. They are human being with all their own stuff going on. They pull on a black and white jumper and try. Let’s enjoy the ride because I haven’t seen anything this exciting (from a sustained perspective) in over 40 years x and I know for a certainty ever other club wants what we have right now - not ladder position, but the sense of joy and excitement that you can’t fake. Yep Tay butchers it sometimes and I get frustrated but then you hear his interview post game and you know he gives everything. Thanks again Piesnchess

A wonderful insight as usual. I have had a love/hate relationship with Adams (apple) for years but these days I just accept that he (the apple version) will occasionally turnover the ball but will also dive in and get the hard ball. We need that type of bull in the team to complement the silk. Hopefully it is a flag winning combination.

Last edited by lazzadesilva on Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:24 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
The problem is you abusing fellow Collingwood supporters.

Never read a post from him abusing other posters on the match day thread unless provoked. If he wants to say “Sidey’s” dinky kick cost a goal, that’s not good enough” who cares.

Most of the crap in the match day thread is sensationalised bs and no heed should ever be taken of it.

lazzadesilva wrote:
You remind me of the old Social club stand at Vic Park where the member wankers used to abuse our own players more than the umpires or the opposition

So nothing new in the match day thread then?

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:33 pm

Look I appreciate your response and might agree to disagree. I just don’t get the condoning of abusing your own fellow Collingwood supporters when they are on the same side as you. If you say something in the heat of the battle and don’t withdraw it after you cool down, then you have to deal with the consequences of having others taking aim at the comments. Can’t have it both ways.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:43 pm

^i don’t think he has at all. Abuses supporters that is. My read is the other way. He and other more “vocal” posters have been abused and goaded.
Happy to disagree on the appropriateness of sensationalised comments and the calling out of players coaches and team, but personal abusing of follow posters shouldn’t be tolerated.
Thankyou for the civil response.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:51 pm

Always a better way to discuss things. Totally agree that the personal abusing of fellow posters and supporters shouldn’t be tolerated.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:02 am

And yet, not a single official report to the mods. The Blue button is there for a reason..

Yes, the Rules allow for the sadder sort of supporter to vent their spleen in a controlled manner, but unless they a) break the Rules (^ up there at the top of the screen^), and b) it comes the Mods attention, don't risk being the retaliator - we all know how that goes.

Sadly, we can't afford the old ignore button, but most of you are adults.

Let's not turn this into a flame war. Point actual transgression out an let us mods do our thing.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:46 am

Just don't read it.

Bit like walking into a strip club and complaining about seeing a pair of perky ones.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:39 am

Personally, I would like to see the match day thread remain open for another hour after the game. That would allow for some of the more negative, non sensical quotes to be re quoted. Those same posters with eternal poor judgement could then be highlighted, while also affording them any right of reply. Might be a bit provocative but if you’re going to say stupid shit, at least be made accountable for it after the game.
As another interstate / overseas poster has already posted, this is a service best designed for those who can’t receive the game on other platforms. Maybe some posters in particular should factor that in before they post without thinking.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:13 pm

Trying to restrict the rants on the game thread; its PC gone mad I tell you.

First they up the cost of beer at the footy, now its the game thread, will the meddling never cease!

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:15 pm

In my alcohol-induced defence, I called us frauds but only against the Top 4 teams.
Anyway, I’ve always seen the game day forum as the equivalent to cheering and jeering with a buddy on the couch, spewing forth instant joy and/or anger and quickly forgotten.
(Although I do draw the line at vitriolic player rants, if that’s any consolation.)

Go Pies.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:30 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
And yet, not a single official report to the mods

Incorrect.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:02 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Personally, I would like to see the match day thread remain open for another hour after the game. That would allow for some of the more negative, non sensical quotes to be re quoted. Those same posters with eternal poor judgement could then be highlighted, while also affording them any right of reply. Might be a bit provocative but if you’re going to say stupid shit, at least be made accountable for it after the game.
As another interstate / overseas poster has already posted, this is a service best designed for those who can’t receive the game on other platforms. Maybe some posters in particular should factor that in before they post without thinking.

Spot on, like the misery guts who say, when seven points down, "oh we are so shit ", "we are pretenders,not top four side " " we are Frauds " , yet when we win a very hard fought match, the get on the other thread, an gush and fawn, bout how wonderful the team is , what courage we have, how great the team is, yet half an hour prior , saying we are shit and not trying. THAT is what gets my goat, and grinds my gears. Friggin Hypocrites. Surprised Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
blybo 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:14 pm

I don't understand why people are in the matchday thread anyway. I'm too busy watching the game and comment afterwards.
Kayo/Live TV/Foxtel (VPN if overseas) means there is no reason not to watch if you are free, otherwise I'll keep tabs via AFL site if I'm out and about.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:37 pm

Haff wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
And yet, not a single official report to the mods

Incorrect.
You used the blue button, and didn't PM an individual mod?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: