Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The "Tragic Comedy " of Match Day Thread!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:19 pm
Post subject: The "Tragic Comedy " of Match Day Thread!Reply with quote

Late last night, I watched the entire replay of our magnificent victory, what a match ! One of the best games I have ever seen, from two seriously very good teams. It was full on, massive pressure, real hot footy, no quarter asked, none given, huge tackles, frenzied pace, fast, unrelenting gut running, courage, gut busting, utter determination, both sides, from start to finish. A truly fantastic game of our football code, credit to both sides, awesome display.

Yet, the game day Match Thread, really mystifies me, some of the opinions, just head doing. OK we are all entitled to our opinions, yes, but some of them are just off the charts. Like, for most of the match, we were only around 7 points down, yet, some posters here, saying inane comments, like "we are shit " " worst team in top four" " we are frauds" FRAUDS ??, " Been found out, wont beat Carlton now" blah blah blah. Just ludicrous comments, at 7 points down.! Even at start of last qtr, 17 points down, a whole quarter left, the pile on comments kept coming. I knew we would come back hard, last qtr, we always do, thats how we roll. Its never over till the fat lady sings. Yesterday, the Tigers got up, from 6 goals down last qtr. last week, Dees 4 goals down, 7 mins left, Dees won. I knew we would do it, and hit back hard, and win, its how we roll. ! Then, 2 points up, the Negative Nellies changed quck smart, suddenly we are a wonderful team, great win, total 180 by them, give me a break, the hypocirsy writ large. ! Reckon I might give the match day thread a rest for awhile, not a great place to be at times, just ludicrous comments, by keyboard warriors, not my cup of tea at all, at times. Most of the posters are pretty good an sensible, so at least theres that I guess.! Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

fans deal with the stresses of live games in their own ways
not sure why some feel it is their duty to call others out
I'm an observer of the match thread, for entertainment mostly
if people want to vent, let them vent
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:31 pm

Vents? Calling your own team pretenders is NOT venting - it's disgusting.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:43 pm

All I'll say is , for a team that sits clear on top by daylight, we can be a most frustrating side to watch on occasion.

Still so many things to rectify prior to finals, let's hope we start addressing them, so the negativity can be hosed down a little.
And direct the hostility where it should be pointed - at those putrid cheating fluro maggoty buckets of turds with whistles.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:53 pm

I agree with you Piesnchess. However in some instances the comments are so vile, they are from feral fans who probably beat up their own mothers or dung mouths from other clubs who pretend to be magpie fans. I suspect it is a mixture of both types. What I find from experience is that (say in cricket) a few of the opposition players can sledge very well but they don’t like it when they have to take their own medicine by being sledged back. Piss weak 😡
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:59 pm

I notice they don’t understand footy that much, either. The “kick the bloody thing!” type, and “we should be smashing them!” It’s rare for any team in a finals like game to play four quarters of top shelf footy. The pressure from Port was the best we’ve played against this year — and we won!

But geez Louise, after watching this club under Fly for the past 18 months, people should know by now NEVER to write us off when we’re a kick or three behind in the second half. Believe!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:44 pm

jonmac1954 wrote:
Vents?

Calling your own team pretenders is NOT venting - it's disgusting.

AND calling the team, FRAUDS, that to me, was a real, real low blow. Mad Mad

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:31 pm

I've never read a match day thread. I'm too engrossed watching the game, either at the ground or on TV (sometimes on delay).

Each to their own I guess, but I've never respected any Pies supporter who publicly rubbishes any of our players. Barracking FOR the Pies should exclude attacking our players, who are always doing their best, even when they play below supporters expectations.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:07 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
But geez Louise, after watching this club under Fly for the past 18 months, people should know by now NEVER to write us off when we’re a kick or three behind in the second half. Believe!

This is the bit I can't get my head around.

It amazes me some supporters are so willing to write us off at the first sign of trouble when we're renowned for late comebacks.

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:13 pm

Some snowflakes need to HTFU!

If you don't like venting then stay the F away! You want turn the match day thread into a vanilla mutual stroking session go and watch Dancing with the Stars.

Last edited by shawthing on Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:14 pm

Piesnchess, he stands and applauds. His love your posts mate, right up there with Lazza and Rudeboy. So influenced as a 13 year old in the mid-80s in the Rush Stand when I bagged Neville Shaw, and an old woman said to me “He’s one of ours son, never forget that.” Stuck with me. I think we’ve all had so much joy the past 18 months, and what a style of football. They aren’t machines. They are human being with all their own stuff going on. They pull on a black and white jumper and try. Let’s enjoy the ride because I haven’t seen anything this exciting (from a sustained perspective) in over 40 years x and I know for a certainty ever other club wants what we have right now - not ladder position, but the sense of joy and excitement that you can’t fake. Yep Tay butchers it sometimes and I get frustrated but then you hear his interview post game and you know he gives everything. Thanks again Piesnchess
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:41 pm

I’ve often thought of starting a similar thread and trying to stay very neutral though I clearly have a “supporting style” and sit squarely on one side.
IMO, everyone barracks their own way.
Some people look to the bright side, some people throw the remote.
The match day thread is a reflection of that and I quite love the theatre and at times clear satire (looking at you Hiss).
I’ve no issue with how anyone chooses to barrack, but abusing other posters is, in my opinion not ok.
Hopefully we can rise above but I guess; all the barrackers are shouting as all barrackers should.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:44 pm

shawthing wrote:
Some snowflakes need to HTFU!

If you don't like venting then stay the F away! You want turn the match day thread into a vanilla mutual stroking session go and watch Dancing with the Stars.

If you like venting, maybe choose a different form of social media to do it and get some direct feedback rather than polluting the Game Day thread on Nicks.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:49 pm

fans who say we are frauds, abuse our players, are the ones who need to HTFU, and find some actual balls. Surprised

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:13 pm

I hear you Piesnchess.I know exactly what you are saying.Some of the things you read on the game day thread are just bizarre.If we’re losing to another team, people say that the players are no good,the coach is being out coached,the other team is much too good for us etc.Not only that,but the other teams that beat us months ago are also too good for us,and this game is just proof of that.

Anyone who has been watching Collingwood play for the last two years should know what this team never gives up,no matter how far they’re behind.And they end up winning most of the time as well..So if the players have this never say die attitude and believe in themselves,then I don’’t know why the supporters can’t believe in them too.They shouldn’t give up so easily.It’s just as well the players are made of sterner stuff than some of their supporters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: