Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2020 injury tracker

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:14 pm
Post subject: Injury Tracker 2020 (End of Season)Reply with quote

COLLINGWOOD

Isaac Quaynor - Hip (1-2 weeks)

Flynn Appleby - Ankle (2 weeks)

Adam Treloar - Hamstring (3 weeks)

Tim Broomhead - Leg (3-5 weeks)

Travis Varcoe - Shoulder (5-7 weeks)

Levi Greenwood - Knee (18-24 weeks)

Dayne Beams - Mental Health (Indefinite)

Tom Langdon - Knee (Indefinite)

Ben Reid - Leg (TBC)

Quote:
Early prognosis

Treloar will miss the round one clash against the Western Bulldogs after suffering a hamstring injury at the weekend, while Reid could also be in doubt after an early exit in the Marsh Community Series hitout with Richmond. Varcoe is tracking well after a shoulder reconstruction and Langdon is back running as he deals with a potentially career-threatening knee issue, while Greenwood seems determined to smash the traditional 12-month recovery timeframe for a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament. Quaynor underwent minor hip surgery and is believed to have battled soreness in the joint but is expected to return to full training shortly, as is Appleby, who had ankle surgery. Broomhead remains in the rehab group after having a pin removed from the left leg he broke early in 2018. Meanwhile, Beams is reportedly set to retire. - Ben Collins

https://www.afl.com.au/news/381004/injury-list-marsh-community-series-week-three

Last edited by Presti35 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:53 pm; edited 22 times in total
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And there it is. The first injury list for 2020.

Hate seeing a "TBC" and an "Indefinite" already.

Quaynor, Appleby, Treloar and Broomhead should all return to full training soon and be able to play in the early rounds of the season. I believe all three took part in at least one practice match.

Varcoe is listed as 5 to 7 weeks. This is not news at all. Should be aiming to return around Anzac Day.

Levi is aiming to get back earlier than expected. I cant wait for his return game. But we'll still be looking to the final rounds of the season.

HATE seeing Reid on here already. And "TBC". I hate that term so much, because in the past TBC has been anything from one week to most of the season. In this case, I believe it's a very minor worry and he will be ready to play by round one. It's also been mentioned that it was planned to play him for half the game only.

The Langdon one is still a big worry. After recently hearing he was only a few weeks away, we then heard it was still some time away. So who the hell knows. All last year we heard that he was a chance to return before finals... and was the dreaded "TBC". Then he was officially out for the year and now it looks like he's still some time away. Going back to my post of page 92, I'll be hoping to see him playing VFL before the half way mark.

Beams is another unknown. Hearing all kinds of stories. I'm hoping he can get back out there, but it sounds like he might retire?

Ads7 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:36 pm

Thanks, Presti.

The news about Quaynor worries me a bit. Having hip surgery, then returning to full training/practice matches, now having hip soreness in the same joint. Hopefully is just a minor blip in the recovery process.

I agree with you re: Reid and "TBC". Also, don't like that his ailment is listed as "leg" which makes it even more vague. Bucks did mention in his presser that he was fine and scheduled to only play half, but perhaps he pulled up sore.

Believe we can assume Beams won't be playing another game for us. Would like official confirmation sooner rather than later though. Think Langdon is a good chance to retire as well due to the nature of his knee injury, but sounds like they will leave no stone unturned attempting to get him back. Fair enough.

In perhaps more positive news, I believe we are in a better position injury-wise compared with this time last year. Crisp, WHE (and probably others) had surgery during the off-season, whereas, I believe they have both had full pre-seasons this year.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:38 pm

Reid injured again....what a surprise!!!!

And Treloar will be out for 6 weeks at least. Hammy injury after significant hammy surgery is a massive concern.

I've written off Langdon and Beams.....

Hopefully Levi gets back soon and Varcoe can maintain fitness and come straight in sooner rather than later.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:38 pm

Cheers Presti

I think the fact that Reid is an ankle is at least a better outcome than his usual soft tissue stuff. He might also be a “ T B C “ only because he did the injury 48 hours ago.
I am disappointed about Quaynor, although it is a long season. I’m sure he will get his chance sooner than later.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:12 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Reid injured again....what a surprise!!!!

And Treloar will be out for 6 weeks at least. Hammy injury after significant hammy surgery is a massive concern.

I've written off Langdon and Beams.....

Hopefully Levi gets back soon and Varcoe can maintain fitness and come straight in sooner rather than later.

Maybe check out Essendon, Dockers, Demons, Kangas, Suns, Dogs and Hawks injury list and you mightn’t feel so bad.

Three ( maybe four at a stretch ) missing from our best 22 and one of them mental illness.
I reckon we will cope. It is a contact sport, after all.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:52 pm

^Agree. We're in good shape and have good cover for most of those we are missing like Langdon.

No way Levi is 18 weeks away with the amount of running he is currently doing, including changing of direction. He looks super fit too.

ACL's aren't 12 month injuries any longer since they started using quad and not hamstring tendons. Hamstring recovery was a lot of the 12 month rehab process for ACL's from what I understand.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:03 am

Ads7 wrote:
Thanks, Presti.

The news about Quaynor worries me a bit. Having hip surgery, then returning to full training/practice matches, now having hip soreness in the same joint. Hopefully is just a minor blip in the recovery process.

I agree with you re: Reid and "TBC". Also, don't like that his ailment is listed as "leg" which makes it even more vague. Bucks did mention in his presser that he was fine and scheduled to only play half, but perhaps he pulled up sore.

Believe we can assume Beams won't be playing another game for us. Would like official confirmation sooner rather than later though. Think Langdon is a good chance to retire as well due to the nature of his knee injury, but sounds like they will leave no stone unturned attempting to get him back. Fair enough.

In perhaps more positive news, I believe we are in a better position injury-wise compared with this time last year. Crisp, WHE (and probably others) had surgery during the off-season, whereas, I believe they have both had full pre-seasons this year.

Langdon is cooked his knee won’t get any were near good enough to play AFL football
The club knew this last year weeks after his injury it was widely rumoured then he was done and trying anything to keep career going
His manager and the club are trying to reach a settlement but haven’t been able to
2021 was a option in the clubs favour and he wants to it to be paid as his contract was low in terms of base and high in terms of match payments due to his knee history prior
Club wants to save every penny it can going forward for obvious reasons with a few stars off contract
I expect Langdon will get marginally more than his base deal and be finalised fairly soon
Beams deal is a lot more complicated
He has this year and 2 more to go
Problem lies in the fact lions are paying over $400k of his salary this season
If he retires and reaches a settlement of say $1 million it gets spread over 3 seasons but we can count the $400k the lions have to pay him out then it’s only $600k on our books over 3 years
Lions want us to be paying it all or majority so they can save some cap room
We obviously want to pay the least we can for same reasons as mentioned above on Langdon deal

It may be the case Dayne sees out this year with lions paying biggest chunk of his salary then he goes I’m off season for less on our books
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:15 am

Feel we are way better placed injury wise this year compared with this time last year still feel Langdon will play come say round 8-9 and beams probably announce retirement in the coming weeks. Greenwood return around the bye rounds with Varcoe returning round 5-6. Treloar round 2-3 I would not be rushing him back. So not a bad list all in all as good as anyone to be honest.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:29 am

Key is not to rush players back this time of year
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:14 am

So do we write-off Lyndon Dunn as well, or monitor his progress?
His loss really slaughtered that run to the flag in 2018.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:23 pm

Can't believe Broomhead broke his leg round 1 of 2018 and he's still not right to go.

Hell Scharenberg was back quicker after suffering one knee injury after another.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:46 pm

Langdon's done....gonna retire.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:00 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Can't believe Broomhead broke his leg round 1 of 2018 and he's still not right to go.

Hell Scharenberg was back quicker after suffering one knee injury after another.

Broomy played VFL last year and then got the rod out in the pre-season, which has set him back this season.

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:18 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Langdon's done....gonna retire.

Yeah thats what I have now heard.

Beams and Reid can go too if they want.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38   

Jump to: