Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Tigers.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Out Cox, in Oleg Markov Wink
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:50 pm

Was going to say that now is the time to pick Markcov besides he knows the tigers.

I think Checkers will play.

So tha that means Cox out and Markov in.

Only we do then lack a back up ruck man.

But its time to bring in Oleg.

Other then that maybe Oscar Sceene.

Hoping that some one like Ed Allan could be our alternative back up ruck man as well. He is very young and could be a chance now that Begg is resting up as he too has got some type of injury.

As i said before we are back in a shuffleing situation again.

Collingwood apways to me plays tigers at a bad time last year was the flu now its Cox and Checkers it never ends.

I am tipping Pies win by 18 points.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:43 pm

Fin McRae’s close to a call up too. Maybe another couple of weeks, see if he backs up his VFL form. Reef in, McRae sub?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:57 pm

If both Cox and Mihocek are out then I’d be including Johnson, McInnes or Ginnivan.
Swanny2011 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:12 pm

I am predicting Checkers won't play. Losing Cox is a blow.

Mcstay will have to ruck which throws the structure out a bit

Finn will play the full game.

Carmichael will likely be the next.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:17 pm

I'd rather put Frampton in as reserve ruck. You don't take your good car off-road, I'd leave McStay where he is.
A MMM trio of Maynard Moore Murphy can manage Lynch and Riewoldt. I reckon Maynard could yet take on Riewoldt.

Frampton could be played off the bench as resting ruck / defender, as well as keeping him fresher for Round 4 against true talls in Daniher and Hipwood. I expect those two to be too athletic for Frampton so fresher the better.

The balance of the defensive duel can manage Bolton, Graham and Rioli. I'd give IQ first crack at Bolton, with Noble on Rioli.

Reckon well see McInness and Macrae come in for Cox and Checkers and Ginni or Johnson as a sub.
Not ideal outs, and certainly not like for like replacements but I don't think it'll upset our structure dramatically, particuarly with conditions expected to be damp.
I see no reason to even attempt to include Mihocek. Get him right for the following week.

With Macrae coming in, give him the job in the middle to that which he is being groomed for, and with that put JDG up forward to replace Mihocek.

B Murphy Moore Noble
HB Naicos Maynard IQ

C Jaicos Crisp Sidebottom
Foll Cameron Adams Mitchell

HF McCreery JDG McInnes
F Hill McStay Elliott

I/C Pendlebury Macrae Frampton WHE

23rd man : Ginnivan / Johnson

Tigers could use this match to make a statement, and come out hard in the 1st half, but I think our full 4 quarter efforts will see us run out victors by 27.

Go Pies.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:41 pm

Only problem with that is my view is that Frampton is a shit ruck. He needs stability and consistency being played down back in the one position to get confidence, not filling gaps around the ground.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:32 pm

Yeah I tend to agree with you. Play Cameron and maybe McStay for very short periods in the ruck and let Frampton settle into a position he feels comfortable playing in for the moment. Like I have said, new players need time to build up confidence in their position. We will reap the benefits later on this season. My fear is that Collingwood will be in second gear for this game and that will be a disaster for us. Richmond will be fired up and ready for war with their backs to the wall. A switched on Collingwood will win but anything else, will make me refer to this post after the game. Confident of winning but not absolutely certain.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:40 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Only problem with that is my view is that Frampton is a shit ruck. He needs stability and consistency being played down back in the one position to get confidence, not filling gaps around the ground.

Can't argue with that, but he's no more accomplished as a backman than he is a ruckman or forward. Still scratching my head over this one.

There has been no empirical evidence to show he can consistently execute any of those positions to an AFL standard. Maybe the list managers obtained Zapruder like images of him that no-one else has seen?

Still, Easter is a week away so I remain hopeful we'll see a miracle where he resurrects his career before our very eyes.
If he plays on Daniher next week and holds him goaless, I'll contact the gift shop and see if they have a no.27 in stock.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:51 pm

There is some evidence that he can play KPB to a high SANFL level, none that he can play ruck or forward to a level befitting Sth Savernake 3rds.

There is also (albeit limited) evidence that playing him back makes Moore and Murphy better. I'd make his pass mark on his direct opponent 3 goals and leave him back.

I'd actually rather bring in Johnson for Cox and play him second ruck instead of McStay, it might mean he has to extract his thumb from his arse and get involved rather than hanging back for cheap goals in the VFL, but we gave Begg a shot when Grundy went down so I still think the Steene Machine gets the call up.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:57 pm

I'd be shocked if McSteen got the nod. Looks more raw than an uncooked steak. Johnston gives you some chop out in the ruck at least with his vertical leap and is useful near goal.
Keep Frampton for the big fellas as he's got to learn to play in the team backline. Moving him is too unsettling in his 2nd match I would have thought

piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:00 pm

stui magpie wrote:
There is some evidence that he can play KPB to a high SANFL level, none that he can play ruck or forward to a level befitting Sth Savernake 3rds.

There is also (albeit limited) evidence that playing him back makes Moore and Murphy better. I'd make his pass mark on his direct opponent 3 goals and leave him back.

I'd actually rather bring in Johnson for Cox and play him second ruck instead of McStay, it might mean he has to extract his thumb from his arse and get involved rather than hanging back for cheap goals in the VFL, but we gave Begg a shot when Grundy went down so I still think the Steene Machine gets the call up.

Fly is always talking about setting up players for success - which means not picking Johnson to play as a second ruck (which he hasn't really done before..). That's probably more likely the exact opposite in setting him up for failure. However, I agree that its probably not Frampton either. Best guess they will use Cameron and McStay in the centre bounce, and then whoever else they need around the ground while Cameron is taking a spell. There are teams that dont pick two recognised ruckmen.

There's a bit of doom and gloom on this pre-game thread. If Cox is the difference between us being unbeatable and potentially losing to Richmond we are in for a wild season. Our campaign will probably need a contribution from 28-30 guys from various positions.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:04 pm

piffdog wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Fly is always talking about setting up players for success - which means not picking Johnson to play as a second ruck (which he hasn't really done before..). That's probably more likely the exact opposite in setting him up for failure. However, I agree that its probably not Frampton either. Best guess they will use Cameron and McStay in the centre bounce, and then whoever else they need around the ground while Cameron is taking a spell. There are teams that dont pick two recognised ruckmen.

There's a bit of doom and gloom on this pre-game thread. If Cox is the difference between us being unbeatable and potentially losing to Richmond we are in for a wild season. Our campaign will probably need a contribution from 28-30 guys from various positions.

Doesn't have too play too many minutes as a relief ruck as McStay can take the fwd 50 while Frampton can assist a bit in the back 50. Use his leap in the occasional centre bounce while stationing him fwd with Darcy Cameron needing to play more minutes as the main Folllowing Ruckman

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:07 pm

Johnson has played ruck in the VFL, and throughout his journey around the country. It's not completely unfamiliar to him. His leap makes him competitive at centre bounces but he'd be killed at boundary throw ins against any decent AFL ruck.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:10 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I'd be shocked if McSteen got the nod. Looks more raw than an uncooked steak. Johnston gives you some chop out in the ruck at least with his vertical leap and is useful near goal.
Keep Frampton for the big fellas as he's got to learn to play in the team backline. Moving him is too unsettling in his 2nd match I would have thought

We agree on Frampton, but if Steene is as raw as an uncooked steak, Begg was Steak Tartare when he was thrown in. He would be better in the ruck than any of the alternatives and up forward his only job would be to bring the dump kick to ground.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: