Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Tigers.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

robevpau1 wrote:
Mitch Cleary@cleary_mitch·7m

Dustin Martin and Jacob Hopper will both miss against Collingwood Friday night
@7NewsMelbourne

Confirmed. Both miss. Very Happy

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:05 pm

Injuries:
Mitchell with a back complaint. Should play
Checkers with the finger injury. Needs to improve to play

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:06 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
^ No, they will both play, even if they had both legs in traction, or fractured spine, they would play, make NO mistake.

Lol Piesnchess 😁 This might sound silly but I would have liked to play Richmond with those two playing, but you can only play the team they select. This becomes a must win game under the circumstances because if we lose the consensus will be that we lost to a weakened Richmond. It will also be used to take the shine off a Collingwood win, they will say that we beat a weaker Richmond but we will be very happy with a win. Huge game.

True Comrade, yeh, I wish theyd play, as Tiger fans will use that as an excuse if we belt them, as I sure hope we do. Im sure Fly our Coach will have us raring to go for this one, a total four quarter solid effort, No relaxing, play as we did v Port, just total domination, maniac pressure, never let up, never rest, put the heat on em for the whole match. Surprised

That is coach material comments Piesnchess 😆 You have me jumping with excitement and anticipation for Friday night! Normally I hesitate to full on say that we will definitely win but the way we are treading, it would need to be a horrendous amount of injuries during the game to make us lose.

Hubris dude.

It takes only for us to be marginally off and Richmond to be switched on and we would be soundly beaten.

Maaate, Im tired of being a cautionary negative Collingwood fan, ive worn that tee shirt for years now. Im done with that shit, done. Beat these bastards, and the lid is coming right off, blown to the sky, im excited and jumpin, as I have not been for many, many yrs. Cool Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:24 pm

[/quote]

Maaate, Im tired of being a cautionary negative Collingwood fan, ive worn that tee shirt for years now. Im done with that shit, done. Beat these bastards, and the lid is coming right off, blown to the sky, im excited and jumpin, as I have not been for many, many yrs. Cool Laughing[/quote]

Yeah, why not? Seeing as we're statistically only a 1 in 3 chance over the full journey or 1 in 7 chance since 1958, of winning the Granny, may as well enjoy the other 20+ games.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:22 pm

If Mihocek ends up missing then him, Howe and Lipinski make up a pretty talented trio of players unavailable across every line of our side and then of course you have a kid called Ginnivan making his way back from suspension. That's potentially our 2 leading goal scorers from last season unavailable.

Sure Richmond might well have 1 or 2 more missing overall but they'll still have Taranto, Prestia, Cotchin, Graham and Baker in their midfield rotation while with Lynch, Bolton, Riewoldt and Cumberland their 4 leading goal scorers from last year will I presume all be selected. That's still enough midfield grunt and firepower to worry sides.

With the game likely to be played in damp conditions it'll be a different experience for our side this season and our ability to move a greasy ball as precisely and quickly likely not possible.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:27 pm

Therefore do we bring in Rupert Wills?

www.facebook/the hybernators
Rex 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:33 pm

Fly was guarded about Mihocek’s likelihood of playing, but his chances are small given the severity of his injury which was by definition a compound dislocation (severe enough to rupture through the skin and required stitches). I expect Reef will start given his 3 goals in 3 quarters played, rather than Ash. And I think Josh C will be the sub given the wet conditions given his strength and his ability to play back, mid and forward. If Reef plays well and assuming Ash and Jack G play well in the VFL and Mihocek is fit, the forward selection for the Brisbane game will be tough.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:36 pm

Rex wrote:
Fly was guarded about Mihocek’s likelihood of playing, but his chances are small given the severity of his injury which was by definition a compound dislocation (severe enough to rupture through the skin and required stitches). I expect Reef will start given his 3 goals in 3 quarters played, rather than Ash. And I think Josh C will be the sub given the wet conditions given his strength and his ability to play back, mid and forward. If Reef plays well and assuming Ash and Jack G play well in the VFL and Mihocek is fit, the forward selection for the Brisbane game will be tough.

Great summation. Exactly what i am thinking as well.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:09 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Rex wrote:

Great summation. Exactly what i am thinking as well.

Will be good to (hopefully) see Reef run out a whole game.

Short-ish turn around for Brisbane game, including the flight up there so that could potentially influence selection (for next week), as could weather and how Brisbane play tonight. A good problem to have.

think better 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:11 am

Cox is out injured. https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1294529/injury-update-mason-cox
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:18 am

Just read that.

With tomorrow predicted to be wet, the Pies may have to go with the one ruck (Cameron) and field a smaller team.

There is no ruck they can bring in from the VFL - Begg is injured and Steene has only played one game.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:47 am

So its McStay and Frampton as the backups in the ruck. I think Soldo is out isn't he? So they might be underdone too.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:48 am

Would they give Steene a go
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:50 am

McStay will definitely be the back up ruck.

McStay has proved that he can be a handy second ruck with the elimination final against Richmond the prime example. With Oscar McInerney going down with a concussion in the first quarter, McStay had to step up to the plate.

He finished the elimination final with 23 disposals, 10 hit outs, five marks, and a goal and proved vital in Brisbane’s two-point win over Richmond.

So who comes in.... get Ginny back in there!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:53 am

Or if McStay plays a ruck roll then Johnson in
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: