Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Tigers.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

lazzadesilva wrote:
Sidey and Adams at their very best are A graders. I love the way Mihocek always gives of his best but I keep wavering as to whether he is an A grader.

Agree.
Sidey in his prime was obviously A grade.
The wonder is that under Fly he has acquired a new lease on life, and is reaching the elite levels of his relative youth frequently nowadays. Opposition teams continue to focus attention on attempting to minimise Sidey's role.
Adams likewise is A grade when at his best, and with Mitchell to assist him now, he too is likely to be playing at his best much more frequently as well.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:13 pm

piffdog wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Reckon the Tigers very much now live off their reputation of three yrs ago, they still like to flaunt their the same big powerhouse club, 3 flags etc.
But time has moved on, Dimma has been there too long now, was appointed pre Bucks, Dusty is a shadow of himself now, beyond that dont argue crap hed do.
Cockchin is cooked, even their own fans say that as is sook Riewolt. Their rucks are dire, their back six not all that great, and were it not for Lynch and Bolta, theyd be a run of the mill team.
By all rights , we should belt the living shit out of them, by ten goals, hopefully, and I really hope we can, just have to wait and see. We should beat them pretty well though.

Agree with all of this. Don’t really care but they over rated where they were at last year. Should have thanked Riewoldt and Cotchin for their services. ...

As I said previously, if we’re serious this year we need to be comprehensive against teams like this.

Yeah, it's fine to make those observations on Tigger's great servants, BUT... we need to put them to the sword first; which we haven't really done since 2018PF, however, we are kicking 2018 type scores at present, so that certainly bodes well.
Both sides have had substantial changes to the teams that lined up that wonderful night; hoping ours are for the better!

To me, this is the last Monster-Under-the-Bed that needs to be dealt with, along with those pox Oompa Loompas at GWS; then sky is the limit...

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:19 am

Going to be a very different game. Cold and slippery with likely rain during the game. So we won't see the run'n'gun type of football we've seen to date. Going to be more of a hard fought slog. That levels the playing field.
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:27 am

We have the tigers measure.
Pies by 30 points

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:06 pm

Yep this is must win and a Pies win would ensure the hand over from tiger times to pies times.

This is the handing the batton on type of situation in terms of Collingwood and richmond.

I have heard on radio 3aw that Checkers could be in doubt for the tigers still needs to pass a test today if he does not come up then that opens the door for Johnson.

Fly said watch this space with Checkers so Fly does hold some hope that he will be passed fit for his finger is ok.

As said before barring Checkers there wont be any changes from the line up that bet the Power.

Like to have an injury free win match this week as well.

Time we had a good 2-3 weeks of next to nothing injuries.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:49 pm

Checkers out
Reef in

Johnson or Carmichael will be the sub.
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:49 pm

Mitch Cleary@cleary_mitch·7m

Dustin Martin and Jacob Hopper will both miss against Collingwood Friday night
@7NewsMelbourne
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:11 pm

^ No, they will both play, even if they had both legs in traction, or fractured spine, they would play, make NO mistake.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:20 pm

"Craig McRae has confirmed that Jack Ginnivan will return through the VFL"
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/03/29/ginnivan-to-return-through-vfl-as-mcrae-unsure-on-mihoceks-availability/

"DUSTIN Martin and Jacob Hopper have been ruled out"
https://www.afl.com.au/news/892057/tiger-injury-woes-mount-ahead-of-magpies-blockbuster

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:25 pm

Confirmed on Richmond fc website: Hopper and Martin are both out. Gives us a major advantage now in the midfield, as well as in defence, as Martin has been playing in the forward line as well.
Also confirmed that Ginni will play VFL.
Team unchanged if Checkers is right to play.
Otherwise, McInnes to play mostly forward and McStay to assume Checkers' role of playing up the field often.
Sub: Carmichael

piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:27 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Confirmed on Richmond fc website: Hopper and Martin are both out. Gives us a major advantage now in the midfield, as well as in defence, as Martin has been playing in the forward line as well.
Also confirmed that Ginni will play VFL.
Team unchanged if Checkers is right to play.
Otherwise, McInnes to play mostly forward and McStay to assume Checkers' role of playing up the field often.
Sub: Carmichael

Yep - this is how I would go. Especially if a little wet/greasy. Must win and win well given how undermanned they will be.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:10 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
^ No, they will both play, even if they had both legs in traction, or fractured spine, they would play, make NO mistake.

Lol Piesnchess 😁 This might sound silly but I would have liked to play Richmond with those two playing, but you can only play the team they select. This becomes a must win game under the circumstances because if we lose the consensus will be that we lost to a weakened Richmond. It will also be used to take the shine off a Collingwood win, they will say that we beat a weaker Richmond but we will be very happy with a win. Huge game.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:37 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Lol Piesnchess 😁 This might sound silly but I would have liked to play Richmond with those two playing, but you can only play the team they select. This becomes a must win game under the circumstances because if we lose the consensus will be that we lost to a weakened Richmond. It will also be used to take the shine off a Collingwood win, they will say that we beat a weaker Richmond but we will be very happy with a win. Huge game.

True Comrade, yeh, I wish theyd play, as Tiger fans will use that as an excuse if we belt them, as I sure hope we do. Im sure Fly our Coach will have us raring to go for this one, a total four quarter solid effort, No relaxing, play as we did v Port, just total domination, maniac pressure, never let up, never rest, put the heat on em for the whole match. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:47 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

True Comrade, yeh, I wish theyd play, as Tiger fans will use that as an excuse if we belt them, as I sure hope we do. Im sure Fly our Coach will have us raring to go for this one, a total four quarter solid effort, No relaxing, play as we did v Port, just total domination, maniac pressure, never let up, never rest, put the heat on em for the whole match. Surprised

That is coach material comments Piesnchess 😆 You have me jumping with excitement and anticipation for Friday night! Normally I hesitate to full on say that we will definitely win but the way we are treading, it would need to be a horrendous amount of injuries during the game to make us lose.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:14 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

That is coach material comments Piesnchess 😆 You have me jumping with excitement and anticipation for Friday night! Normally I hesitate to full on say that we will definitely win but the way we are treading, it would need to be a horrendous amount of injuries during the game to make us lose.

Hubris dude.

It takes only for us to be marginally off and Richmond to be switched on and we would be soundly beaten.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: