Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#21 Oscar Steene

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
What happened to the other volleyballer that was trialling?

Was not Brought Back so I guess he either Changed his Mind or we thought it was too much of a Project to get him

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:06 pm

I like it!!

Good ruck stocks for 2023. Cox & Cameron with Begg and Steene as backups and McStay/Moore/Frampton in a pinch. This alleviates the Grundy loss as well, I'm happy with this setup.

If Frampton can hold down a KPD position, Mitchell gets back to being the clearance king he used to be and McStay gives Checkers a chop out with a snag or two most weeks and Nick Daicos continues his meteoric rise to superstardom and JDG becomes the consistent dynamo we know he can become then I am just going to say it right now.

We will win the flag in 2023 Cool and probably 2024 and 2025, then a hubris 2026 where we stuff up a PF or something, then back to the top in 2027. This is the beginning of a dynasty!!

MONCO: Your life.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:07 pm

Steene wasn't a volleyballer. There was 2 of them trialling, 1 tall 1 short. The tall one could still be in for a Cat B rookie spot if we wanted.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:29 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
I like it!!

Good ruck stocks for 2023. Cox & Cameron with Begg and Steene as backups and McStay/Moore/Frampton in a pinch. This alleviates the Grundy loss as well, I'm happy with this setup.

If Frampton can hold down a KPD position, Mitchell gets back to being the clearance king he used to be and McStay gives Checkers a chop out with a snag or two most weeks and Nick Daicos continues his meteoric rise to superstardom and JDG becomes the consistent dynamo we know he can become then I am just going to say it right now.

We will win the flag in 2023 Cool and probably 2024 and 2025, then a hubris 2026 where we stuff up a PF or something, then back to the top in 2027. This is the beginning of a dynasty!!

I'm with you MM. However, I'm more optimistic about our prospects in 2026. Cool
joemamone@gmail.com 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:51 pm

I do not see Begg as a ruckman unless he grows. I prefer him to become a CHF with his great leap, but does need to learn to take marks.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:14 pm

At 85kgs.....did somebody say KFC!!!!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:51 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
At 85kgs.....did somebody say KFC!!!!

😂

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:22 am

BazBoy wrote:
201 cm
85 kg

In reports elsewhere (the CFC website linked below) I’m reading 204 cm. I suspect he’s also a bit heavier than 85 kg as well.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1267571/steene-selected-for-2023

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:43 am

Yeah his draft profile was that height and weight but he would have grown since then
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:45 am

H. Barnett a Ruckman was picked up by WCE at pick 23 last year who was vying with our bloke for rucking spots in the SA comp. Our boy Steene all 204 cm of him was picked ahead of him on a few occasions in the latter half of the year. Our boy was injured in the first half of last year.

Grundy of course is also 204cm.

A fair bit to like about this selection.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:48 am

What I do like about most P S S selections is that they’ve usually been training with the club for a while before the club does or doesn’t pull the trigger on them.
The coaches and players would witness first hand his appetite for training and development, as opposed to picking up some kids straight from the U18s and watching them struggle with the increase in tempo and workload. Right now it’s a Hail Mary and we need to remember he was overlooked in a couple drafts ( National, rookie and pre season ) before we finally selected him. What I can guarantee, is that he would at least have a good work ethic and character or he wouldn’t have been handed this opportunity in the first place.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
think better 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:50 pm

He looks a likely type - good reports coming out of training.

Having Fraser as ruck coach might help him a bit I reckon

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:10 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
What I do like about most P S S selections is that they’ve usually been training with the club for a while before the club does or doesn’t pull the trigger on them.
The coaches and players would witness first hand his appetite for training and development, as opposed to picking up some kids straight from the U18s and watching him struggle with the increase in tempo and workload. Right now it’s a Hail Mary and we need to remember he was overlooked in a couple drafts ( National, rookie and pre season ) before we finally selected him. What I can guarantee, is that he would at least have a good work ethic and character or he wouldn’t have been handed this opportunity in the first place.

Didn’t we have a premiership captain who was overlooked in drafts until we got him onto our rookie list? Nick Maxwell, come on down!!

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:53 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
The coaches and players would witness first hand his appetite for training and development, as opposed to picking up some kids straight from the U18s and watching him struggle with the increase in tempo and workload. Right now it’s a Hail Mary and we need to remember he was overlooked in a couple drafts ( National, rookie and pre season ) before we finally selected him. What I can guarantee, is that he would at least have a good work ethic and character or he wouldn’t have been handed this opportunity in the first place.

True but young rucks seem really hard for clubs to pick.
Clubs adopt a shotgun approach of picking a few late pick/rookie pick to get their four rucks and delist many and rinse and repeat.
Or let another club develop and trade them in
Cameron was 25 and had two games when he came to Collingwood so it seems very hit and miss

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:35 pm

watt price tully wrote:
H. Barnett a Ruckman was picked up by WCE at pick 23 last year who was vying with our bloke for rucking spots in the SA comp. Our boy Steene all 204 cm of him was picked ahead of him on a few occasions in the latter half of the year. Our boy was injured in the first half of last year.

Grundy of course is also 204cm.

A fair bit to like about this selection.

Grundy was 200cm at Collingwood, since moving to Melbourne he's apparently grown 3cm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: