Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2022 AFL Draft (COMPLETED)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:27 am
Post subject: 2022 AFL Draft (COMPLETED)Reply with quote

Zero hanger has a list
We have picks 10 ,45 ,47 & 83

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to somehow snag a second round draft pick and priority is on a couple of tall forwards who can kick goals.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:41 pm

Just to clarify, these are indicative selections as of round 13 and before we have played today. They will likely be different at the end of the completed home and away season, albeit marginally. What we can guarantee is one first round pick and THREE third round selections on the eve of the trade period.
Baz, I’m sure you missed one of our picks which is currently # 41 ( along with 45 and 47 ) Those three third rounders will be bundled up to get us closer to the pointy end of the draft ( likely pick swap with Lions if no other club puts up a better offer )
There are two highly regarded KPFs who will very likely be called inside the top 10. Our capacity to secure one of them will depend on our ability to bundle up our picks and move closer to the business end and also who other clubs before us see as their draft priorities.
IF DeGoey were to leave under free agency and we not secure a free agent ourselves, then we would start the trade period with two first round picks, both very close to top 10 selections.
Our draft hand is pretty good, with heaps of flexibility. If we have less of a draft hand by the end of the season, then it only means we’ve had a better than expected season in 2022. You can’t have it both ways.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:05 pm

Hi Pies2016

who are the 2 x KPFs you mentioned?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:09 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
Hi Pies2016

who are the 2 x KPFs you mentioned?

Two S A boys, both around 200cm.
- Harry Lemmey. Man child who has been on the radar for a few years now.
Also plays for West Adelaide in the seniors, so both Josh Carmichael and Lemmey may have played together this year.
- Tom Scully ( yes, Tom Scully ) Bolter who has come from the clouds, more agility than Lemmey but not as strong.
Check out the highlight reels. They won’t disappoint.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:57 pm

Key forward is the obvious need.
MC's Mix 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:34 pm

With our game plan now, I actually don't think we need a true 'key' forward as much as we did. The speed of our ball movement and more accurate kicks inside 50 mean our smaller forwards can swoop in or take decent marks on the lead pretty often.

Taller, more athletic forwards, yeah no worries. But having massive, slower guys in the forward 50 might undo some of what has made us a good team imo.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:15 pm
Post subject: How many first round draft picks will we have?Reply with quote

And what should we do with them?

It just occurred to me that we will have our first round pick (?16) and likely one for Grundy (?7 ? later) and likely one for Henry (likely 18 or 19 ish) and we'll have next years pick 18 if we want to trade that Wink - could we package those together for pick 1? Probably not, and would we want to? Could we get pick 7 and maybe pick 10 or 11? There are a few tall defenders in this draft, and a couple of tall forwards. Could be worth thinking about, but I'm not sure we'll have time to do anything by the time the Grundy trade goes through?

- Ben
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:11 pm

Trade them all for Draper, Parish and Wright. Cool
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:41 pm

We will have plenty of time for fine tuning our selections because the pick swaps continue well after the trade period. Pretty sure they run up until a week before the two draft nights.
I don’t see us using many picks on the night because the list is young enough already. Likely the minimum of three and I’m hoping we bundle them all up and go to the draft with a pick inside the top 10, which looks a real chance.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:15 am

Hoping Grundy trade is already agreed and as soon as Melbourne/Freo are done the trigger is pulled. That unlocks the trade period for many clubs.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:40 am

^^^
Based on media quotes and comments, I sense the Dees and Pies have come to an agreement in principle on Grundy ( give or take a possible late swap ) but it can’t / won’t be rubber stamped until the Jackson trade is formalised first. Unless the Grundy deal involves the Dees future first rounder, there is no chance we could formalise the Grundy deal until at least the Jackson deal is done. Once the majority of the Freo dominos fall ( and there are a few ) I would expect the Grundy trade to happen quickly.
npalm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:51 am

Hard to get too excited about first round draft picks considering how badly we've cocked them up over recent years.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:18 pm

Haff wrote:
Hoping Grundy trade is already agreed and as soon as Melbourne/Freo are done the trigger is pulled. That unlocks the trade period for many clubs.

Still even more mystified by this mornings news that Grundy has agreed to a pay cut with Melbourne, which begs the question "why not take a Collingwood pay cut"? I have heard that it was not enough of a cut for Collingwood ,so be it.However, IF he is taking a pay cut, WHY are we STILL going to fork out $300K for part of his wages?? Unless we get a decent draft pick and or a player, we seem to have been bent over again and Melbourne get a champion ruckman for a bag of beans. Makes no sense to me I'm afraid.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:26 pm

Could we couple our first round pick and Henry to Geelong for pick 7 coming to them from Suns ?
We then can trade that pick with the pick we get for Grundy to try to get into top 4 of this years draft or maybe trade them to north giving them a stronger hand finish year for there future 1st round next year
North will likely get 2 x 1st rounders for Horne Francis from a SA club one this year one next and some likely sweeteners if the picks aren’t night enough
There in total rebuild phase so they may be happy to have more picks in draft this year again
Thoughts ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28   

Jump to: