Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who is your Mobile & internet service provider?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:35 pm
Post subject: Who is your Mobile & internet service provider?Reply with quote

Who is your telephone service provider and ISP?
Are you happy with them and why?

I’ve been with Optus since dial up and prepaid times for both. Just convenient but with 5G around the corner and Telstra coverage being better then Optus I’m thinking I might change.

(Apologies if this thread has been started before)

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Telstra, always have been.

I have a bundled plan with my mobile, mums mobile (which is still on a staff plan and costs me $10/month) landline, Foxtel and Internet.

Very happy, I get great service whenever I need it.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:35 pm

Telstra (multiple phones, Foxtel, internet and like you Stui, an old tablet that the Mother in law has on a $10 plan buried in our bundle), always has been. Working remotely, there is no option.

Having said that, I've been very happy with their service. The trick is, if you have an issue you must email their complaints department. The 3 times i have done so have all seen any issues dealt with smoothly and positively.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:57 am

Just go with Aldi like me.

They use all or part of the Telstra network I'm lead to believe and would be half the cost or less.

In reality if you plan on traveling through the remotest parts of this wide brown land using the savings made throughout the year and putting them towards the rental of a satellite phone or purchase of an EPIRB would provide greater peace of mind than relying on Telstra to have coverage if you broke down.

My ISP is a local regional business that has it's own internet network that's supplied to me via an antenna on my roof.

When they merged I was able to lock in an unlimited data plan for the old price of $54.95 per month (now $69). I used 350GB last month.

While the speeds will vary and be slower at peak times at this late hour the speed test result was 57.4 Mbps.

Good enough for me.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:46 pm

I've got Optus Internet and a mobile plan through them though the girlfriend and I are considering options to explore a different internet here.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:09 pm

I’ve got Telstra for mobile and Optus for internet.

Not happy with Optus, the service is unreliable but it’s only a mobile internet and they were the only service that offered something reasonable which has been handy when constantly moving. It was supposed to only be temporary during Covid!

Telstra is ok but not perfect, still a lot of spots with no data coverage on 5G in regional areas which cab be very frustrating if travelling.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:11 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
I’ve got Telstra for mobile and Optus for internet.

Not happy with Optus, the service is unreliable but it’s only a mobile internet and they were the only service that offered something reasonable which has been handy when constantly moving. It was supposed to only be temporary during Covid!

Telstra is ok but not perfect, still a lot of spots with no data coverage on 5G in regional areas which cab be very frustrating if travelling.

I was growing irritated with Telstra before I switched my internet, I wanted them to put it on at my new house, but they kept making excuses and such as to why it wasn't able to. They kept sending technicians to my old address and never managed to get it sorted.

I called up Optus and within two weeks they had my internet sorted, someone went to the exchange and fixed the NBN thing up and I got the modem.

Interestingly enough when they were installing NBN at the local KFC we lost internet because it was switched off, so instead of figuring out why it was out they blamed the modems so everyone in my suburb got a new Telstra modem. Which wasn't needed, but anyways...lol.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: