Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Doing a good deed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

**** id kill to see the video!!!

oh, i mean i hope your ok!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:17 pm

^

Thankfully, no video exists. Wink

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:19 pm

^Hahaha. Great story. I can picture it!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:11 pm

An elderly man collapsed in the shopping center. Screams from bystanders I ran over and checked him, no response so started CPR. I asked someone to call 000. Another guy came over and asked if I needed help, shit yes and we teamed up to perform CPR in turns. This went on for about 7 minutes as the Ambulance Station is close by. They arrived and told us to keep going as they wired him up so to speak. They then took over and hit him with the defib and got some reading. They took him away. Hope he's OK. I am stuffed, my knees hurt and I am having a bourbon.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:45 pm

^

Geezuz. Goodonya, great stuff. I should learn CPR one day. I read or heard somewhere that you don't do the mouth top mouth bit anymore, just pump the chest. Is that right?

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:03 pm

Culprit that was awesome of you. I hope the guy recovers soon. Well done 👏
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:13 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Geezuz. Goodonya, great stuff. I should learn CPR one day. I read or heard somewhere that you don't do the mouth top mouth bit anymore, just pump the chest. Is that right?
The chest pumping is the main thing now, you can do the breaths but as you are pumping they are getting some air. The pumping keeps the blood flowing to the brain. I think first aid should be mandatory in schools. My local football club pays for anyone who wishes to do it from U15s up.

Contacted last night and advised the man passed away. I will be debriefed next week which is standard. Feedback was we did all we could and we kept him going but he had other complications.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:17 am

^That's fantastic, Culprit. Brilliant. All respect to you for having go the skills and applying them on spec like that to help save someone's life. Incredible citizenry.

Any thoughts on getting a new puppy? I wonder how I'd feel in that situation.

We're walking the neighbour's cocker tomorrow, an arrangement which is working a treat for us and them. Nothing gets me exercising like walking a dog, because I know how much she loves it and can't let her down! They're the neighbours opposite on a narrow Victorian English street, so when the light is right she sits there at their living room window and waits to get my attention at my office window, which is upstairs and overlooks their place. What a little charmer. We got her a mini water bottle for a drink on the walk this week, as we're ramping things up for her.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:53 am

Thank You, I signed up for First Aid about 20 years ago when a co-worker collapsed in front of me and I had no idea what to do. That motivated me to ask my employer if I could do it. They had no issues and encouraged others and paid for it, including covering for time off. Going forward all my employers have been keen to have First Aiders and do the same. At my Port Melb office, 50% of staff are First Aiders. In Vic Barracks it's around 90%. CPR refresher is every 12 months and I just completed mine. Also as a football trainer, I need First Aid as well. I encourage everyone to learn CPR.

Hard to replace my little man at the moment, may be down the track. I have a bit of traveling (Bucket List) to do and when I get that out of the way I will look. A new Westie Puppy from a quality breeder is around $6000.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:53 am

March On Challenge. I will be walking 192km which is the length of the Kokoda Trail and back. I did it last year with strained calves but I got through. 18kilos lighter and my calves are OK (Knock on wood) and I am ready for the March On Challenge once again. All monies help our Veterans. You can also sign up as well.

https://www.marchonchallenge.org.au/fundraisers/DaleCulpin19350/virtual24
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:40 pm

^

Well done. I did the maths and worked I'd walk around 90km a month just in my normal routine and that's just morning walk for exercise, not normal daily walking.

Anyway, I was the recipient of an unexpected good deed today.

Been a good boy lately with diet and exercise and weight stable around 83kg so decided to go wash the Falcon and get some Hungry Jacks for lunch.

Went up, got in line at the drive through. In front of me was a black Lexus with taxi plates that just ordered a Mango smoothy.

Made my order, drove up to the pay window as the black Lexus drove off and the girl says to me "that car in front of you just paid for your order "

I just looked at her and said "Pardon me?" and she repeated it. I was gobsmacked, said thanks, that was nice of him, collected my order and came home.

I've heard of people doing random stuff like that but never experienced. I figure I now owe Kharma $20

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:12 am

“Give generously and receive graciously” was one of the mantras I was taught as a kid. However I was always much better at giving than receiving. Still am.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:56 pm

^317 Tinder reviews can't be wrong, Lazza Razz
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:07 pm

I've mentioned before how good my neighbors are. Today a gum tree lost a massive branch and it landed across the neighbor's driveway and partially on the road. This happened during today's storms. After the storm passed I grabbed my cheap Ozito Battery powered chainsaw and started to cut up the tree. Within minutes we had 7 people out there removing the branches after I cut them. We cleared the road and the drive. An hour later it's done. Then we had leaf blowers clearing the road and driveways. Handed a beer and we thanked each other and looked with pride at our great team effort.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:53 pm

well done
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: