Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The excessive use of the N word in society today

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:29 pm
Post subject: The excessive use of the N word in society todayReply with quote

It has really come to my attention that this word is flung around like no tomorrow. At schools, at shopping centres, and pretty much everywhere. And it's kids of all colours using it.

Why?

I was at a local basketball game and couldnt believe my ears. Every ten seconds. I've also recently worked at a school where the word was excessively used rather than the persons name. In the classroom and outside during lunch.

I feel like the American culture has a bad impact on young kids who dont understand anything but what they see on their phones.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad generation.

A group of 6 were out the front of a shopping centre when I went to the chemist last week. About 10 - 13 y.o at a guess, swearing like you wouldn't believe, all with a McDonald's cup in hand, when they finished their drinks, they just threw the cups on the ground, a bin was no more than 10 metres away.
I said "Hey, pick up your shit!"... the abuse that was hurled at me was quite astounding. Threatening to attack me, funny, theybacked off when invited to have a go. Didn't pick up their rubbish though... little f"'k#$

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:40 pm

ugh, thats a horrid word.

Junior teachers at a school with a very diverse bunch of kids, and a lot of low socioeconomic kids, a couple of weeks ago a year 8 kid who was outside juniors gym with a fill in teacher gave her quite a mouthful of abuse. lebonese in case your wondering. he has 2 younger brothers, one with severe learning difficulties, and a younger sister. His siblings all have classes with junior, the older kid has turned up to school with eyes like saucers. a week after the event he was waiting for her outside the gym, and asked for a moment. he then proceeded to apologise, and admit that what he said was not only out of line but uncalled for, and not true and he realises she is a really good caring teacher.

today she got a 2 year extension, even though i always knew she would be an excellent teacher, even i am gobsmacked at the progress she has made with some of these hard knocks kids!

although i admit at the time i said find a new job, stuff em! as i didnt like the leadership groups so called assistance with the matter! His Pe teacher and home room teacher spoke to him, as did his siblings.

its a real shame that those kids have no boundries, not enough guidance clearly. the parents have a lot to answer for.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:28 pm
Post subject: Re: The excessive use of the N word in society todayReply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
It has really come to my attention that this word is flung around like no tomorrow. At schools, at shopping centres, and pretty much everywhere. And it's kids of all colours using it.

Why?

I was at a local basketball game and couldnt believe my ears. Every ten seconds. I've also recently worked at a school where the word was excessively used rather than the persons name. In the classroom and outside during lunch.

I feel like the American culture has a bad impact on young kids who dont understand anything but what they see on their phones.

I’m not in a very multicultural area so can’t speak from firsthand experience, but I’d be surprised if much has changed – American rap music has been a huge cultural influence here since at least the '90s, along with the language, clothing and symbols associated with it. Maybe that’s particularly big with the kids of new migrant families in a way that it wasn’t before, but insofar as it’s a problem it seems like a very old one. Replace rap with skater culture in the 1990s, punk in the 1970s or rock’n’roll before it and I suspect you’d witness similar antics and have gotten to hear the same conversations about transgressive and antisocial behaviour from teenagers.

In terms of the n-word, perhaps there’s something wrong with me but it doesn’t particularly bother me to hear it, particularly when used by Black people – but then, I’m white! To me it’s just a word, and the way it’s used in those contexts has no particular harmful associations. Obviously it’s different when it’s used as a racist insult, but I think we all get that.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:04 pm

I would involuntary flinch if i heard someone use the N word these days, but I haven't heard it in public for ages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: