Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#6 Tom Mitchell

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous interview.
Tom Mitchell speaks in retrospect, post GF. Currently live...

The 2023 AFL Season has come to an end, with the Premiership Pies taking out the grand prize. Hosted by Ball Magnets Media Manager Bailey, in todays episode, we get quite a vulnerable tom, detailing the extent of the Hawthorn trade, the 2016 Grand Final in which Tom lost, the whole grand final week & much more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFmYBtKPNto

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:41 am

lazzadesilva wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
^^^

He’s already accumulated one Brownlow, three best and fairests ( including 2021 ) two All Australians and 25 Brownlow votes in 2021. At least go out on a bit of a limb with any future predictions 😉
I have it from people at Hawthorn who claim Sam Mitchell singled him out at a half time dressing down around the middle of the 2021 season and that was the beginning of the end. Sam told him future opportunities would be limited and Tom knew his days were numbered. These same staffers reckon Tom is one of the most determined, single minded professionals in the game. Regardless of what some might think of him, I would be very surprised if he’s not close to his best in 2023 ( any injury aside )

Fair enough but I stay unconvinced that there weren’t other reasons for him leaving Hawthorn. The hawks very rarely knowingly give away their top players except for a few mistakes like Gary Ablett senior. I’m not saying that Tom won’t be a tremendous acquisition rather that it doesn’t guarantee 100% that he will be more than just a good footballer. Hoping for the best outcome.

You will hear in Toms post premiership interview on the AFL app, just how poorly and childishly he was treated at Hawthorn ( almost exactly as I posted above earlier in the year ) Hawthorns loss will be forever Collingwoods 2023 premiership gain.
Thanks, Sam Mitchell

Last edited by Pies2016 on Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:48 am

^^There was only room for one Mitchell at Hawthorn. Very Happy
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:56 am

Sam may one day be a good coach but chances of being humble and a good fisher of men

Well that could take longer

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:23 pm

Just read about Wombat’s last review at hawthorn, what a crap thing to do. Their loss, his gain in the end!
K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:51 pm

K wrote:
Strong words from Mitchell Shocked:

I feel as though everyone’s been pretty keen to write me off throughout my whole career. I feel like I’ve proven them wrong again today – apparently, I’m not in the best 22.

Everyone wants to kick you when you’re down, and that’s the culture we live in, unfortunately. When you have an off game, it’s the end of the world. You don’t buy into the hysteria outside the footy club – you do hear bits of it, obviously, but, to be honest, it didn’t distract me ... I’m just happy to play my small part for the team.

“We’re the most connected team I’ve ever been a part of, so I’m just proud to be a part of it. I’m so lucky that Fly and Wrighty got me to the club, and they’ve just embraced me with open arms, and given me the belief in myself, when other clubs haven’t wanted me, so it feels pretty good.”

And this: Shocked

'“There was this one particular meeting I remember — and I don’t want to come across as [though] I’m complaining; this is more just how I was feeling and how I felt I was being made to feel,” Mitchell said on his Ball Magnets podcast.

“There was a meeting in particular, a game review, a chat with Dylan Moore, Finn Maginness, Will Day, these guys who are some of my good mates still. We call it the Tom Mitchell game review. That was the signed, sealed, delivered. I knew after that meeting I’m not coming back here next year, whatever happens I’m not coming to Hawthorn.

“There was a game review where there was something like five or so clips of just me. There were a few that were fair ... but I got barrelled in this meeting. All five clips, that was the meeting done, and I walked out of that thinking, ‘Are you serious? This is unprofessional, unfair, made me feel like absolute shit in front of everyone’, and that happened a few times.”'
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:30 pm

Really want to give him a big hug

That sux,

But last laugh n’all!

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:01 am

Just watched Tom Mitchell's interview.
What an amazing guy...
The interview brought tears to my eyes...He is just such an honest, committed, humble, intelligent young man, who we are honoured to have in our team.
So happy that thug Sam Mitchell saw fit to bless us with Tom Mitchell!!

npalm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:52 am

The most interesting thing in that clip for me is the job he did on Neale. He says he took an absolutely ruthless approach to shutting down Neale. I take that to mean he scragged at every opportunity, verbally sledged him, maybe physically hurt him when he could, all with the aim of winning the game by impacting the opposition's best player.
And Tom is very good friends with Neale but he was prepared to lose that friendship for the sake of winning a premiership.

I might have to watch the game (yet again) just to watch the Mitchell & Neale interactions.

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:06 am

what a sad story for Tom in his last year at the Hawks. Much of our current footy set up came from the Hawks pre 2022 however. I think this story is good for the pies in that it reflects badly on the current hawks set up and creates massive trust issues over there.

Having said that hearing the way our delisted players were treated at the Pies this year from Bianco and Ruscoe I'm still a bit dismayed. Neither player was offered a contract for 2024 which is ok I get that, but neither player indicated the discussions were around needing to improve here or there or do this or that etc to reach a benchmark. I do hope those discussions were happening even if they haven't been reported. Strikes at the openness and transparency if not

jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:14 am

npalm wrote:
The most interesting thing in that clip for me is the job he did on Neale. He says he took an absolutely ruthless approach to shutting down Neale. I take that to mean he scragged at every opportunity, verbally sledged him, maybe physically hurt him when he could, all with the aim of winning the game by impacting the opposition's best player.
And Tom is very good friends with Neale but he was prepared to lose that friendship for the sake of winning a premiership.

I might have to watch the game (yet again) just to watch the Mitchell & Neale interactions.

This is the way to be physical and commit your body to the team. None of this smart rrrrrsed sniping behind the play, just physically hard at it up front no holds barred.

As Tom said Neal totally understood and they are still great mates.
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:19 am

The Black and White Lion wrote:
what a sad story for Tom in his last year at the Hawks. Much of our current footy set up came from the Hawks pre 2022 however. I think this story is good for the pies in that it reflects badly on the current hawks set up and creates massive trust issues over there.

Having said that hearing the way our delisted players were treated at the Pies this year from Bianco and Ruscoe I'm still a bit dismayed. Neither player was offered a contract for 2024 which is ok I get that, but neither player indicated the discussions were around needing to improve here or there or do this or that etc to reach a benchmark. I do hope those discussions were happening even if they haven't been reported. Strikes at the openness and transparency if not

The issue I took away from the Hawks handling was that if a Brownlow medalist and multiple best and fairest for the club could be publicly pilloried in front of the entire playing group multiple times thfn that is a serious issue with management attitude there.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:38 pm

ABC Sports has picked up on the Mitchell podcast. Maybe they read Nick's forum?

Collingwood premiership player Tom Mitchell tells podcast what led him to leave Hawthorn
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-10-10/magpies-tom-mitchell-didnt-feel-valued-at-hawthorn/102956584

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:34 pm

I remember the hawks being known as the family club back in the 80's. Not sure why but they'd be far from that now!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:04 pm

I hope that he has another 2-3 yrs of top football in him, as there is no-one currently on our list as good as him as an inside, bottom of the pack, midfielder. His efforts in the grannie were enormous and contributed a long way to our Premiership victory. Well done Tom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20   

Jump to: