Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sea / Tree Change and or Retirement

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy Morrigu, you deserve it. Find peace.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:59 pm

Yes,enjoy, I’ll look forward to visiting!

What an amazing place to retire to xx

Meanwhile, after a big day clearing rubbish near the creek, burning as per the burn permit, cutting grass, lots of grass, I was rewarded with a flock of yellow tailed black cockatoos in my walnut tree! Simply amazing!

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:36 pm

Golf has been a slow progression, but today was excellent. Hit 46 off the stick [9 holes]. Third week in a row of improvement. Having hit around 60 in a couple of my early rounds a couple of months ago.

Highlight today was hitting the flagstick on the first hole, par 3, landing 10 inches from hole. Missed downhill putt but got my par. Bogied next hole but birdied the third!! Score blew out on last 3 holes, so anything is possible.

Fricken love golf. Hoping to break 40 soonish. Note, we play by the rules.

Breaking news......... blocked septic tank tonight, easily cleared with the large plunger. Whilst heading down the side of house, 5 roos munching on some grass. Fricken love this place.

Ocean has been as flat as a tack last two days, no sound of surf pounding, just the occasional sound of the roulettes dogfighting in the distance. I may have a fish tomorrow.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:19 pm

Are you down sale way? My sisters just bought a place at paradise beach, it’s a gorgeous area, and the planes practice daily
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:10 pm

think positive wrote:
Are you down sale way? My sisters just bought a place at paradise beach, it’s a gorgeous area, and the planes practice daily

Looks like your Sis and I are neighbours! Has she bought a holiday house or permanent? Not many sales lately, did she buy in Seventh Ave?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:38 am

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
think positive wrote:

Looks like your Sis and I are neighbours! Has she bought a holiday house or permanent? Not many sales lately, did she buy in Seventh Ave?

They will b&B it and use it themselves, my sisters live together, no hubbies or kids, 10 years apart almost to the day! I think it was seventh ave, I went with her to the inspection last Tuesday,they settle on the Friday. There is a house in front, but from her 2nd story deck you can see the ocean, old house but it’s great

Nice little town,pretty good potato cakes!

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:23 am

think positive wrote:
Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
think positive wrote:

They will b&B it and use it themselves, my sisters live together, no hubbies or kids, 10 years apart almost to the day! I think it was seventh ave, I went with her to the inspection last Tuesday,they settle on the Friday. There is a house in front, but from her 2nd story deck you can see the ocean, old house but it’s great

Nice little town,pretty good potato cakes!

Cool, I think I know the house. We're on the Boulevard, almost at the very end.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:59 pm

thats to the right yeah? near the ship wreck?
i took some pics but havent edited them yet. bringing my chooks home this week, so i will have more time to edit soon! just cant keep going back and forth, and god knows when we will get anything done!

on another note, im watching Clarkson's farm, its funny, sarcastic, and a good look at England in lockdown!! im lovin it!

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:29 pm

think positive wrote:
thats to the right yeah? near the ship wreck?
i took some pics but havent edited them yet.

No, we're to the left. Did your Sis's purchase the blue and white house?

Pics of the shipwreck? Amazing the quality of steel the ship was built from.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:19 pm

yes they did!!!
yeah sure is!!!! Just got back from a funeral (lovely old lady, good innings) now im going to finish off the chook shed/run down the side of our Melbourne house. getting to much going back and forth just to feed/clean up after, chooks! ill get to the pics probably tomorrow or later this week! cheers

you really are in a magical spot there! ill let you know when im down that way again!!

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:21 pm

^^ I think it's why it was named Paradise Beach!!

We fell in love with the area only around 4 years ago, very similar to Phillip Island of 40-50 years ago. Roos relaxing in yards, the odd koala and heaps of birdlife. Different weather pattern to Melbourne and deserted beaches.

3 hours from Melbourne is a bit far for day trippers so it should remain relatively quiet.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:40 pm

It’s a beautiful place
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:49 am

Well Jess (youngest daughter) & Darcy are into their second month of their 18-24 month trip around Oz.
Looking at some of the pics she's sharing and seeing how much of a great time they're having is fantastic. Lucky kids, what an adventure at 23!

I didn't know how she'd go living in a van for that length of time, but she is loving it so far.

Their plan is to get to Darwin (they're still in WA), head down the middle to SA and be over in Melbourne for Xmas. Darcy's grandparents are in Vic and he wants to spend some time with them, having not seen them for years due to the covid shamozzle. From there they plan to head up the East coast and come back across the top. Me & Kel are looking at catching up with them at some stage when they're in Queensland early next year.

Didn't think I'd miss having her around the house as much as I do Sad

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:49 pm

I still love where we have moved to. Last night whilst checking some veg seedlings under torch light, I spotted a spider which looked vaguely familiar. Anyhow after it threatened me, I squished it. I identified it afterwards as a Victorian Funnel Web Spider. In 2 minds now whether I should of squished it.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:35 pm

^
Nah, squish it every day. Glad you're enjoying it, I googled Paradise Beach, F me you're out of the way.

For me, the meth Lab ehh I mean Shed is up at Toc and looks schmick, got council approval for the plumbing after the fact so I can buy the fittings when I have time and cash and get them in, hot and cold water and sewage are ready to go, sparky hasn't been around yet to wire it up, may have to give him a prod. Set the hoses last week as we're in for a hot spring and summer. Broadbeans are doing really well, as is the silverbeet and Blueberry bush, put a tomato plant in last week as week. Anybody want some lemons?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: