Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sea / Tree Change and or Retirement

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you mention the weaponry. Now I have a bit of time to do my own thing, I've designed and made a fishing bait cannon. Powered by my mini Ryobi battery compressor.

Testing at the moment fires a potato with 90psi behind it around 150metres. Everyone that's seen it operate cracks up and claim I'm crazy. I take it as a compliment.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:12 pm

crazy is always a compliment, only brave adventurous souls allow others to see their crazy!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:18 pm

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
Funny you mention the weaponry. Now I have a bit of time to do my own thing, I've designed and made a fishing bait cannon. Powered by my mini Ryobi battery compressor.

Testing at the moment fires a potato with 90psi behind it around 150metres. Everyone that's seen it operate cracks up and claim I'm crazy. I take it as a compliment.

Sounds like fun.

I knew a bloke years ago, lived in Tassie, him and a mate made Orange cannons. Length of Poly Pipe, couple of holes drilled in the right places, cap on one end. Basic principle was, drop an orange down the spout, use any aerosol spray can with flammable propellant to load it, light and fire. Him and a mate would sit in boats on the Derwent, drinking beer and shooting oranges at each other.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:41 pm

went to ballarat with hubby and a mate today to pick up a free shed! 4 x 4.5 smoking shed (no smell!!) in a disused pub. long story, the mates neighbour (who is gobsmackingly an accountant) got ripped off big time by a manager. now they are trying to fix the place up and the council said the shed has to go, its only 1 metre off the boundary. moving it would be expensive if you cant do it yourself, as it cant just be moved forward. its a gorgeous less than 18 months old relaly well built wooden shed with a bar! we got it for the sheep but more than likely it will house a bar and maybe a spa! the chef and the new manager stood watching with jaws dropped as hubby and his mate dismantled it in big chunks that can be easily put back together in about 5 hours, including loading it onto our car trailer! i undid bolts, carried shit around, used the crow bar and got old nails out, but all credit to the 2 guys! the watchers even commented they had never seen anything like it! hes a clever bugger, if only he could figure out how to use a toilet seat.

went to the farm tuesday after an early call about sheering the sheep, i managed to get a halter on one, but the bugger would not budge, so i conned them into the old kill shed and fashioned a gate from a bit of fencing hubby tore down! there was a proper pen but hubby said it was ugly and tore it down! after 2 hours of stopping Ginnie from trying to escape under, over or through the wood gate, the guy rings and says he wont have time today! say what! i managed to convince him he needed to find time. over he comes and we get extension leads, he tips Daisy and....nothing. he reckons its the solar cant push the power through the leads. i humour him, end up taking the clippers inside, (after pointing out we used a grinder on the massive gate no worries!) and yup, £$%$ed! he has no second pair! so i let the sheep go, and now i have to catch them sunday for a guy to do it the old fashioned way!

ima gunna buy some lucerne hay on the way there!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:43 pm

Nice work, what are you going to do with the wool once you shear them? Get hubby to build you a spinning wheel and knit something with it?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:58 pm

i was thinking about spinning it! this year though they are filthy! they have not been well cared for! aparently its great for the garden! ill see!

funning i just started another jumper last night, finished one sleeve in the car today!
i also want to get a couple more, im going for shedding sheep though!

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:35 pm

24 degrees today with a sea breeze. 20 minutes away was 34 degrees.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:07 pm

I was loving the 30+ here just quietly
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:55 pm

So the other Sheerer came yesterday, first he was going to be 2.5 hours early, then he was 1.5 late! Country time appears to be like country miles, , I got them penned pretty quick! So this one turned out to be a competitor, for speed not quality! Hmm so 10 min in I’m bolting to Woolworths 3 min away to buy needle and thread. Then i had to sit with poor old ginnies head in my lap and calm him as he copped about 15 stitches in his back leg. He was surprisingly chill about it. Poor baby. To top off a ‘great’ afternoon, when I slid back in order to get up I slid into a big pool of sheep pee. So I was covered in sheep poo, wee and blood. Just wonderful! Daisy fared better, turns out Daisy is also a he! My neighbours sheep look gorgeous, mine look like walking dead extras, so now I’m going to find a Sheerer who uses electric sheers, has a backup pair, and I don’t care what it costs, I’m booking him in for late October next year!

Bit of a learning curve!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:56 pm

Dp
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:19 pm

iphone pic, having a break with Ginnie - jack ginnivan ie cheeky boy!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:22 pm

Stitches in a sheep Shocked

Back in the day, the old tar pot treated all injuries including when their balls were to big for the rubber rings, so the farmer would just cut them off and dab the wound with the tar.

So you have 2 rams, just buy a couple of Ewes and you have a sheep farm and free roast lamb dinners.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:02 am

Wethers, not rams!

Pretty traumatic watching him get stitched up by the sheerer using pliers to pull the needle through, and Ginnie was amazing, no fuss poor baby.

I’m going yo look into bio sheering, it’s a protein that makes them shed! No shears!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:20 am

Ahhh, little Ginni and Daisy both de-nutted.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:41 pm

Hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: