Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sea / Tree Change and or Retirement

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

bliss!

billy loves his Baaa..ma!

and a photobombing dragonfly!

billy and Ginnie are not happy!

cheers from my little patch of heaven!

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:50 am

Beautiful country peace, love and tranquility personified. Breathe and enjoy šŸ˜Š
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:27 pm

i sure am!
fruit and veg shopping in the veggie patch, most planted by the previous owners but the beetroot, cucumber and spring onions i planted!
iphone pic!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:30 pm

Noice, very noice.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:50 pm

That is so cool T.P. Very impressed. Are you lucky to be on mains water if required? We are tank only. Hoping to sink a bore at some stage.

We've only done strawberrys atm. Trying to organise an area for mass plantings. We are fully sand, so need to bring soil in.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:08 pm

We had the 3 grand kids and our daughter down to visit for a few days. Had a ball. My highlight and hoping it was one of theirs was TRACTOR RIDES.

Recently I purchased a TS138 Husqvarna ride on mower with a trailer. Had the kids in the trailer as I fanged around the front yard and down the street. I really pis5ed the missus off by continually yelling out 'TRACTOR RIDES!!!'
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:55 pm

hehehe!!! i wont tell hubby he will do that too!

town water, but water tanks everywhere, really good quality soil.

the strawberries they planted are seriously out of this world! there was twice as many but i had to taste test them!!!!

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:40 pm

After 15 years I've had my first hit of golf, 9 holes only to start. I've become a member, something I'd never considered in the past. Hit a 54 off the stick with heaps of improvement in store. The last 3-4 holes where a battle nursing a strained calf and my back flaring up. So happy to be out having a hit again after so many years.

In the clubhouse afterwards having a beer, to my surprise, the Treasurer offered me the use of a golf cart for next week. I thought what's the catch? No catch, they just want the carts used instead of sitting around.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:44 pm

Nice work Bruce, I'm just getting back into the whack-**** myself, going around the same for 9, not counting the occasional leather wedge. Wink
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:28 pm

^ sadly, golf is the one game where more practice does not translate to improvement. As soon as you start thinking you're getting better, you'll try and do more and play worse.

It's the nature of the beast that is your mind.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:18 pm

^

Sad but true, the zen part is learning to appreciate the good shot while not necking yourself over the shit one.

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:23 pm

Golf is a great release. In my case the 15 year break will be a benefit to me. I start playing as a kid when 'The Nudist' aka Greg Norman began his career winning in South Australia in 1976. Absolute legend, couldn't get enough of him.

His game was power hitting, I fricken loved it. So I thought, yeh, I need to hit the crap out it. My golf was hit and miss, some tee shots 250-280 metres, very impressive but I had a shocking slice other times. My golf was always inconsistent but it didn't stop me playing twice a week.

Roll the years forward 15 years, I can't smash it like I used to, absolute bonus. Happy now to drive 200 metres up the guts. Once my touch comes back from 150 metres inwards, give it a month or two, I expect to get back to sub 40's.

I'll keep you informed.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:13 pm

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
After 15 years I've had my first hit of golf, 9 holes only to start. I've become a member, something I'd never considered in the past. Hit a 54 off the stick with heaps of improvement in store. The last 3-4 holes where a battle nursing a strained calf and my back flaring up. So happy to be out having a hit again after so many years.

In the clubhouse afterwards having a beer, to my surprise, the Treasurer offered me the use of a golf cart for next week. I thought what's the catch? No catch, they just want the carts used instead of sitting around.

i played once - hit some where round 54 - oh wait that was only 9 holes!
im better with big balls!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:14 pm

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:

i played once - hit some where round 54 - oh wait that was only 9 holes!
im better with big balls!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:02 pm

So I havenā€™t posted here for quite some time but just wanted to wish you all the best for the future! Moving to Hervey Bay next week - 1/2 acre property blissfully quite, heaps of trees, skippys, birds galore and a koala sanctuary on one side of us and itā€™s warm no more Melbourne winters!!! Ten minutes from the water and Kā€™gari and best of all no more being a nurse after 47 years- COVID was bad the behaviour of so many - became bitter and twisted! Be kind to each other - enjoy your kids , your grandkids- whatever just enjoy life! Slainte Susan Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: