Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rucking Duties

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
We can’t replace him, he’s a bit unique. We just get another ruck and adjust our game accordingly

I am utterly disgusted by this insane decision. its fuckinginsane. God help us, if next season we have only Cameron, Cox, and kid Begg, as rucks. If , heaven forbid, Cox goes down, injured, long term, all we have is Cameron and a kid who got smashed in the ruck early this season, is far too raw. If that happens, we can damn well forget bout top four next season. Forget it, we wont make it then. Just utter madness, the Deees must be rubbing their hands with glee, at prospect of him and Gawn, running around, dominating the field of play.

Wrights first big major cockup, if this comes to pass. Surprised Shocked Mad Rolling Eyes

Don’t blame Wright. Blame the previous administration for the contract clusterf*ck of Grundy and Treloar.

Treloar is NO Grundy. How come none of this sort of shit happens down at bloody Geelong, dont they have a salary cap at sleepy Hollow, whose cooking the books down there, ? why does only us, get salary cap woes. ?? that continue for ages, ?? does not add up at all.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:35 pm

Previous admin stuffed up Grundy contract saga and it’s come back to bite us on the arse
Need all of this sorted asap as well
Preferably this week
Then we move on
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:36 pm

Previous admin stuffed up Grundy contract saga and it’s come back to bite us on the arse
Need all of this sorted asap as well
Preferably this week
Then we move on
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:38 pm

How do we replace Grundy??

Like almost every other premiership team does…. With a second stringer on $500k a year!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:46 pm

How do we replace Grundy ???? WE DONT. AND CANT.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:47 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
How do we replace Grundy??

Like almost every other premiership team does…. With a second stringer on $500k a year!

So instead of paying 500k for a 2nd stringer, would we be prepared to pay 700k for the likes of Grundy? Because that's in effect what it would cost us to keep him, if the rumours are true in that we're paying the remaining 300k regardless. Looking at it like that, it seems crazy to get rid of him.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:05 pm

^ You make too much commonsense for here.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:47 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
We can’t replace him, he’s a bit unique. We just get another ruck and adjust our game accordingly

I am utterly disgusted by this insane decision. its fuckinginsane. God help us, if next season we have only Cameron, Cox, and kid Begg, as rucks. If , heaven forbid, Cox goes down, injured, long term, all we have is Cameron and a kid who got smashed in the ruck early this season, is far too raw. If that happens, we can damn well forget bout top four next season. Forget it, we wont make it then. Just utter madness, the Deees must be rubbing their hands with glee, at prospect of him and Gawn, running around, dominating the field of play.

Wrights first big major cockup, if this comes to pass. Surprised Shocked Mad Rolling Eyes

Don’t blame Wright. Blame the previous administration for the contract clusterf*ck of Grundy and Treloar.

Treloar is NO Grundy. How come none of this sort of shit happens down at bloody Geelong, dont they have a salary cap at sleepy Hollow, whose cooking the books down there, ? why does only us, get salary cap woes. ?? that continue for ages, ?? does not add up at all.

The issue has been discussed here ad nauseum. This issue about the contracts and cost is not just about money but about flexibility to move fwd. Keeping him costs $. Getting rid of him is cheaper but more to the point provides flexibility with respect to future trading and picks.

The issue with Treloar was the contract as it is with Grundy. Whether he is better than, less than is not relevant. The focus is on the value (not just cost) that’s why the previous administration stuffed up.

MAY-Z 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:00 pm

think better wrote:
I wonder if someone out of left field might be worth a shot

Harry Boyd was BOG in the SANFL grand final - 23 year old and a bit of a late developer but still only 24

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/harry-boyd-wins-2022-jack-oatey-medal/

Boyd is clearly the number 1 ruck in the SANFL, dominant at both CB and around the ground

Strachaun from the crows is number 2

but the question isnt really how do we replace him, as he wasnt really part of the team this year, the question is are we better of bolstering the midfield to help with clearances or trying to get the most out of a very very expensive ruck

clearly the club have decided an extra mid is better, and personally i agree with them, the majority of the leagues rucks just need to be competitive and let the ball winners go to work
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:03 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

The issue has been discussed here ad nauseum. This issue about the contracts and cost is not just about money but about flexibility to move fwd. Keeping him costs $. Getting rid of him is cheaper but more to the point provides flexibility with respect to future trading and picks.

The issue with Treloar was the contract as it is with Grundy. Whether he is better than, less than is not relevant. The focus is on the value (not just cost) that’s why the previous administration stuffed up.

Whatever, I just hope an pray, we dont see him running around the MCG, next too Gawn, happy as Larry, holding a Premiership cup. The ultimate Collingwood nightmare scenario. Surprised

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:30 pm

^ Join the queue. We all feel that. Would be nice but unrealistic that he accepts a pay cut.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:00 pm

Grundy is a good footballer, but his key card is that he adds an extra half-mid at clearance. If we get an actual high quality extra mid for the 800k differential, (and we should at that price), I can understand the decision.

Cox seems to me an excellent ruckman who takes marks around the ground at critical points in games and has not been developed to his full potential may well have three or four years left,with Cameron as back up.
MAY-Z 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:11 pm

Meredith1965 wrote:
Grundy is a good footballer, but his key card is that he adds an extra half-mid at clearance. If we get an actual high quality extra mid for the 800k differential, (and we should at that price), I can understand the decision.

Cox seems to me an excellent ruckman who takes marks around the ground at critical points in games and has not been developed to his full potential may well have three or four years left,with Cameron as back up.

yep, and also don't forget how good Cameron was early on in the ruck role, he wasn't as good late but that was his first extended period playing 1st ruck. He will be much fitter for that and will probably train pre-season for a ruck role not a fwd/ruck role
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:51 pm

MAY-Z wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:

yep, and also don't forget how good Cameron was early on in the ruck role, he wasn't as good late but that was his first extended period playing 1st ruck. He will be much fitter for that and will probably train pre-season for a ruck role not a fwd/ruck role

Yes. An important observation re cameron and Cox both having a better understanding of their roles next year.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:10 am

Why do we need to replace him with a similar or better ruckman? We just made a prelim without him so it’s not like he’s a big loss 🤷‍♂️
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22   

Jump to: