Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Reaching out to former Nicks BB posters

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My all time favourite Nicks poster and a wonderful Collingwood fan Magpie Greg. May you have the same experience we had in 1990 and who knows if we win, you could always return to Nick’s, with me doing all I can to help.
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:25 pm

I'm still here!

So many great memories and of course, in a Grand Final week, so many of them come flooding back.

From sharing the stresses of getting tickets, to then where to meet up, training, Copeland tickets, ideas for chants... so much fun and Nicks has always been reliable.

Enjoy tomorrow everyone and for those of us, may the PTSD of 2002 and 2003 not be too severe. Shocked

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:16 pm

foxychick wrote:
I finally figured out my username and password but the email I have no longer exists ha ha yay love nicks! Is still the greatest pie site of them all.

Welcome back, your avatar always rocked.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:22 pm

^It's a small world, Nick's. Apparently, the portly Raymond35 was looking at that avatar when he went into cardiac arrest.
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:33 pm

Go the pies. Always here, but mostly lurking these days.
foxychick Gemini

jay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:52 pm

stui magpie wrote:
foxychick wrote:
I finally figured out my username and password but the email I have no longer exists ha ha yay love nicks! Is still the greatest pie site of them all.

Welcome back, your avatar always rocked.

Cheers haha i know… I now have to create a new one with the old school dimensions. Although it makes me feel like this is my OG avatar. Vintage pies. I’ve reemerged for the 16th premiership bring it home boys Very Happy let’s goooooo

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:03 pm

Always nice to see old Nicksters return after many years Smile
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:36 pm

Wow! So good to see some names here again (foxychick, magirl, Lorelei) – it’s been so long! I hope you’re all doing well. Smile
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:02 pm

I used to know Fence Banger well, have not seen her on here for ages. ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jg22 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:38 pm

It’s been a long time for me since I last posted here. Got to be three or four years.

Similar to Tannin, I’ve stopped following the game in recent years. There’s a variety of reasons, but on reflection yesterday I think 2018 may have finally broken me. As a child born in the ‘60s, I was raised in a black and white nest courtesy my father. He was fortunate enough to be born in 1919, near Gore Street Fitzroy, and got to see the famous machine of the late 1920s, the two flags in the ‘30s and the famous 1953 and ’58 triumphs.

Me, like my brothers and sisters, grew up in an era of heartache and a time of the elusive prize sitting just out of reach on so many occasions. I was at the ‘G in ’77, ’79, ’80, ’81. Missed 1990 as I was working in the Sunraysia. Was there in ’02 and ’03 and the drawn one in 2010. At that point I realised in my lifetime beloved Pies had drawn more grand finals than they had won. Missed the replay, but was there in 2011 and then 2018.

Like I said, that one broke something inside me. I remember sitting in the train, going home from the ground, feeling that same emptiness I knew all too well. Then turning to the only other passenger in the car dressed in black and white and acknowledging our shared misery. Eventually we started talking. She was of a similar age and we shared our painful memories.

Since then I haven’t watched a game in full. I peruse the scores on the AFL app, occasionally watch the highlights on YouTube and scan the post game scribblings here.

I couldn’t watch yesterday. I didn’t check the score until the final quarter and that was at the exact moment Cameron kicked that goal. That was almost like a dagger in my heart and all the horrid memories came flooding back … North’s last quarter comeback, Wayne Harmes sliding over the boundary, Bartlett running amok, Billy Picken managing to pass the ball to every Carlton player in ’81, Taz being assaulted by Darryl White in ’02, Voss laughing in the face of Burnsy in ’03, Bartel’s goal in 2011 and Sheed’s six pointer in 2018.

So when I checked 30 minutes later to see how bad the final margin was, I was absolutely dumbstruck to see that we had won. We had actually won a close grand final. It’s still hard to comprehend. No more jokes about not winning in September, no more having to avoid ‘classic grand final’ compilations.

I doubt it will get me back to the ‘G. But it has melted a bit of my heart I thought was locked away in ice forever. And that footage of Peter and Darcy Moore embracing will continue that process.

Thanks for letting a grumpy old fart spill his guts. I hope my nieces and nephews party as long and hard as I did in 1990 (a lot of which is still a blur!) and I hope we may even get to see a back-to-back triumph

MagpieMark 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:19 pm

I first posted many years ago as well and now just lurk. work and life sometimes get in the way.

Go Pies!!
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:13 pm

MagpieMark wrote:
I first posted many years ago as well and now just lurk. work and life sometimes get in the way.

Go Pies!!

So how was #16 for you, still as invested in the Club as years before? How are you seeing this season shaping up for us?

The Phantom 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:23 am

Hello Nicksters.
Loved it here.
But it’s simply too hard to use on a mobile phone.
Fix that and I suspect many will return.

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:03 pm

I’m on an iPhone, no problem
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:46 pm

Love if someone in the know of booking it but love a pre season BBQ at Olympic park say a week or 2 out from round zero.

Make it say a Saturday arvo as a kind of reunion of the original Nickters and alike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: