Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Reaching out to former Nicks BB posters

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
think positive wrote:
Cant remember her screen name but her name was Anne, and she fought a long hard battle with Cancer, it got Her in the end xx

AnneWillo I think. She was quite, ahh, "cantankerous"...

Correct! She sure was, must have been the lawyer in her! I went and sat with her during a treatment once. Seems so long ago

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:07 pm

I’m sure many will remember Nuxta or Pa Marmo as he changed his name too. He had more than a few intense convos on the site!

He hasn’t posted in a while, he has seven grandsons to dote on!

On Wednesday he was involved in a terrible accident, and quite frankly looking at the car, it’s hard to believe he survived. He was slowing with traffic on the way to work, and a B double didn’t notice the traffic slowing, and smashed into the back of his work ute, thank god for the tow bar so the chassis took a lot of the impact. The impact made him hit the car in front, so his ute crumpled both ends. He had to be cut from the car.

We spoke to him this morning, he’s pretty banged up, having surgery on his hip joint tomorrow. Fractured pelvis, 5 busted ribs and fractures to his spine. What ever your beliefs please chuck up a prayer for him, wether you loved or didn’t love him as a poster, he will always be a member of our Magpie army, black and white through and through.

Get well soon mate. Love always, Jo. Xxxx

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:20 pm

^^^^

Dear me, I hope he fully recovers soon. Certainly my best wishes to him.

BTW, my all time favourite Nick’s poster was Magpie Greg. Having also met him, he is a decent guy who loves Collingwood as much as anyone I know. I wish he returns, he will greatly enrich the discussion here.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:27 pm

GreekLunatic wrote:
I miss the score board chat during games we had some comedy moments during those time what's happened to Madonna spelt backwards

It was fun running the scoreboard chat during the footy season, been awhile since I had been in there and run that. I still have the old details if they're up to date. Though I generally miss some games due to my job on a Saturday.

I thought after awhile I'd check back in with Nicks, got a little busy with a lot that has happened over the past few years. But it's' great to see the place still going though. The first forum I'd ever joined, met some great people here and became friends with them.

I lurk mostly around Facebook and all as I am a social media manager for a local footy league, and take their photos but want to pass by here some more.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:04 am

think positive wrote:
I’m sure many will remember Nuxta or Pa Marmo as he changed his name too. He had more than a few intense convos on the site!

He hasn’t posted in a while, he has seven grandsons to dote on!

On Wednesday he was involved in a terrible accident, and quite frankly looking at the car, it’s hard to believe he survived. He was slowing with traffic on the way to work, and a B double didn’t notice the traffic slowing, and smashed into the back of his work ute, thank god for the tow bar so the chassis took a lot of the impact. The impact made him hit the car in front, so his ute crumpled both ends. He had to be cut from the car.

We spoke to him this morning, he’s pretty banged up, having surgery on his hip joint tomorrow. Fractured pelvis, 5 busted ribs and fractures to his spine. What ever your beliefs please chuck up a prayer for him, wether you loved or didn’t love him as a poster, he will always be a member of our Magpie army, black and white through and through.

Get well soon mate. Love always, Jo. Xxxx

Sorry to read that TP. While I found his views abhorrent it is terrible to read about. Hope he recovers.

tcnthat Libra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:19 pm

Im amazed that Nicks is still going, and well done to Mike for his efforts in doing so.

I loved Nicks when I moved from Melbourne to Canberra and then to overseas, but I fell away in favour of FB and more lately IG.

I used to love the scoreboard chat, it would have been interesting in plenty of games last year. I used to really get the shits with 'supporters' who would be moaning about how crap we are when we went two or three goals down...

I used to love the jousts in VPT with Jack Spain/Frank Stone/Tess/Genc and others.

Im really glad its still going and will make sure I get on here more regularly for Collingwood chat this season.

I also agree Hats (Collingwood Turtle) would be great to hear from on this forum.

TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:44 am

It has been a VERY VERY long time since I have posted, read the forum almost daily but had forgotten my log in details and assumed that my account had probably been de-activated. Saw this thread and decided to give recovering my account a go and got in!
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:53 am

Great to see you back.

I'm hoping the Colliwebs are cleared out and seeing a few others return. It's like This Is Your Life Nick's BB..."do you remember this poster?..."

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:47 pm

Bring back Genc, Magpie Greg, Jack Spain and old nemesis's, S_d S_cks 😜
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:12 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:

I used to like some of what MGreg used to post, he was very knowledgable.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:04 pm

The Prototype wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:

I used to like some of what MGreg used to post, he was very knowledgable.

Yes he was extremely knowledgeable and loved Collingwood as much or more than most of us here. His comments were insightful, wise and pertinent.

I loved his style of posting, straight out said it as it was. This style upset and sometimes offended a few posters but to me that was their choice. I didn’t always agree with him but not once did he offend me. I wish he returns.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:39 pm

G'day all.

I'm just popping in on my way past. I don't think I've got anything much to contribute these days as I've stopped following the football - partly for lifestyle reasons (= too much else to do!) and partly because I hated the way the club sacked so many good, committed star players a few years back. That really stuck in my craw and I lost interest at that point.

But a big g'day to all and good luck to Nick's, one of the great discussion boards. Long may it thrive!

Life after football is good. We are living on 20 acres in the beautiful Huon Valley 40 minutes south-west of Hobart. We have ducks and fruit trees; the neighbour puts his sheep on our big paddock and slips us a side of lamb every so often; lots of native birds, wallabies round the house, Eastern Quolls every night and a platypus lives in the dam. Sometimes we go out but I don't know why.

Anyway, hello Nicksters and good luck to you all. Anyone passing through down our way, send me a PM.

Tony

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:26 am

Hi Tannin, good to hear that you are happy in Tassie. However remember that there is no such thing as a former Collingwood supporter! Ride the adventure bus with us with occasional posts and comments about our awesome magpies heroes 👍🏿
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:59 pm

Sounds wonderful, Tannin. You're sorely missed here, but with that much nature around nobody could blame you for spending as little time on the computer as possible. Would be great to drop by and say hi if we're ever down that way.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:33 pm

Tannin wrote:
G'day all.

I'm just popping in on my way past. I don't think I've got anything much to contribute these days as I've stopped following the football - partly for lifestyle reasons (= too much else to do!) and partly because I hated the way the club sacked so many good, committed star players a few years back. That really stuck in my craw and I lost interest at that point.

But a big g'day to all and good luck to Nick's, one of the great discussion boards. Long may it thrive!

Life after football is good. We are living on 20 acres in the beautiful Huon Valley 40 minutes south-west of Hobart. We have ducks and fruit trees; the neighbour puts his sheep on our big paddock and slips us a side of lamb every so often; lots of native birds, wallabies round the house, Eastern Quolls every night and a platypus lives in the dam. Sometimes we go out but I don't know why.

Anyway, hello Nicksters and good luck to you all. Anyone passing through down our way, send me a PM.

Tony

I'll need to make sure to message you when I am next down that way, would be good to catch up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13   

Jump to: