Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Patience is a virtue

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:06 am
Post subject: Patience is a virtueReply with quote

I have followed this board for a long time, and found myself half-nodding at chestnuts like “Noble’s a dud, not best 22” ; “we should trade Josh Daicos cos he’s not gonna make it” ; “Cox is not an AFL standard footballer”.

Now, Noble is not just best 22, his speed and run has been a key part of our rise this year. He is moving toward Jack Crisp levels.

Josh Daicos did take a while to mature, it is true. He’s now a solid B+ grader and he might go up a grade in the weeks ahead.

If Cox (with his rediscovered advantage of being able to see the football) was not on our list, we would not be in the top 4.

I’m now just hoping that Cal Brown can find his niche, and the last of the daisies will have risen from the dunghill !
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ The calls for delisting Josh were just idiocy. He always had the skill but midfield runners have to train up their tank over years.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:26 am

^ the only damning criticism I really understood was Mason. But I think his circumstances were not really understood, and he was being played out of position as a tall forward.

Noble was doing fine when was the whipping boy. He is actually important now.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:28 pm

Totally agree. Not much more to add. Mason Cox at one point wasn't earning his keep. Same with John Noble. Now they are. Doesn't mean they didn't deserve criticism at the time, only that people on this board don't have a lot of patience to want to persevere with them. Callum Brown is a case in point. At 24 years years of age how long should we give him to start making a valuable contribution? Maybe the time has come to let him go. Another is Madgen. He's doing well as a forward in the VFL. Is there a place on the list for him? Maybe not with Daniel McStay coming to the club next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: