Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 23 - Pies v. Blues.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

woodys_world69 wrote:
Ginni out is a huge problem up forward for that X Factor.
I would like us to switch McCreery into that role and get someone else be the defensive forward.

the SCG is a horrible ground to play at for our game style, so hopefully its better at the MCG this week.

not sure why Billy wasnt put into the midfield more often either

Ginnivan is due for a rest. So a week off will benefit him.

The size of the SCG is incompatible with our style. It's too easy for the opposition to limit the space and when they do, we don't have the power forward to take a huge contested grab.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:03 pm

No need to panic or anything, but I think we need to make some changes for this game – a number of players looked tired and off the pace against Sydney (possibly the flu played a role in that), and I feel like we need to give a few players a run in the seniors in case we need to call on them in finals. I'm thinking of Henry in particular; he's a big game performer and should be in our September plans. And Madgen's another one who might be able to provide some x factor, particularly in his new role playing up the ground.

Presuming De Goey is right to go, this is what I'd suggest:

In: De Goey, Henry, Madgen
Out: Ginnivan (inj.), Hoskin-Elliott, Carmichael, C. Brown (injury sub)

Brown was actually pretty good, but I reckon Macrae should get the nod as injury sub this week. Ruscoe might be another to consider if anyone else doesn't come up. Otherwise, I'd persevere with Bianco, who was one of our better players on the day, and McCreery, who was surely flu-affected and will surely be back to his intimidating best next week. Otherwise, Hoskin-Elliott has had a rough couple of weeks and I think could probably benefit from sitting this one out.

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:26 pm

^ I agree
Henry must come in for Ginnivan.
Even if he didn't have the best game in the VFL this week, he is a match winner and this is his opportunity.
No doubt he will be hungry after being omitted from the seniors for so long.
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:17 pm

Skids wrote:
Laughing
Will do.

On reflection, dropping that game yesterday may prove to be a godsend.
The pressure to keep the run going is gone now and I'm sure the team will be focusing on winning this and getting that double chance. It's an elimination final for them, but it's also massive for our club.
All that hard work to get in the position we now find ourselves in must be capitalised on.

No doubt it will be another tight contest. Pies by 13 points for me.

TAB have us $1.88 faves.
Ladbrokes both sides @ $1.90

I have thought this for awhile, it takes alot of energy to keep up that level of game.... short of the freak teams Essendon 2000 come to mind. To keep winning week in week out is extremely difficult.

With regards to the loss to Sydney...I don't see any alarm bells out of the game (aside from injuries). We came up against one the genuine premiership threats...on their home deck, red hot form, on a ground that really, lets face it, we hate playing at. Yes, we were blown away late...but taking into account missing players, illness and the fact we have become a hunted, benchmark side...we stuck with them fairly well. That could have been a 50+ point margin...we also don't know that Fly didn't say at three quater time..."hey boys, this one might be a bridge too far, lets perhaps consider conserving some energy for next week". Obviously coaches would never confess to such talk...but it must happen all the time.

A losswas always going to come...better now then in a final.

Bring the energy we have shown the last ten weeks before this and I can't see any reason we don't beat Carlton.

Edit: also nothing makes me feel better and more assured then when the media and competition start talking us down..."Collingwood no hope etc" you just know the team will respond.

Conversely, nothing worries me more as when the media and fans jump too hard on the bandwagon. As a team we are awful at handling expectation...which was starting to happen after 10 wins...all this 'premiership fancy' talk was going to implode the team.

Let us be the underdog ever time.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:24 pm

Henry will come in or should because he's already demonstrated an ability to kick 2 or more goals in 7 of his 13 games at AFL level this season and with Ginnivan out he's best placed to provide another desperately needed avenue to goal.

Mihocek is a warrior but he's unlikely to bob up and kick 6 like a Lynch or Cameron, Elliott has as many goals as Henry so isn't a high production goal scorer while all of Johnson, Ginnivan and Henry suffer from the same inexperience and shouldn't be relied on week to week to perform.

We simply aren't good enough to leave Henry out of our forward mix and it'll be weight of options rather than dominant options that we'll rely on come this week and September.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:58 pm

Carlton have no more motivation to win this week than us so let's put that narrative to bed.

For them a place in the finals will most likely be on the line. For us top 4 and the double chance is on offer.

The stakes are just as massive for us and if Carlton are treating this game as an elimination final we damn well better be treating ours as a qualifying one.

If we are the real deal we'll respond savagely to our first loss in 3 months, come out looking to prove the doubters wrong and max out the pressure rating dial come Sunday.

joemamone@gmail.com 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:08 pm

I suspect we will lose this one as well. Why? Injuries and the glaring weaknesses in the team - no strong tall defender to counter their key forwards and no tall strong marking forward.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:24 pm

I worry about their tall forwards as well, even May/Lever/Petty struggled on Saturday at those 3 go alright I'm sure you'd agree.

Gotta nullify the centre bounces at least, and shut down their quick transition ball

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:35 pm

McKay is going to be the issue for us to contain.
Moore will take Curnow - not sure about McKay.
If Howe takes McKay then Carlton will isolate him deep - unfortunately Howe is not strong 1x1 and we could be exposed. Will need to be team defence to stop them scoring.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:44 pm

Im more confident now, after hearing Pendles speak, he basically said we are very determined to turn things around after that disappointing match. No panic, just get back to the big MCG, tweak a few things, and we reallly do want that top four spot after all the effort this season. My take is also. the Bluescum has a much harder game than us, mentally and physically, and were shattered at the end, losing it in eleven seconds. Our game was easier, many of our guys did not get out of second gear, flu ramifications limited us too, and early injuries to the starting team. I reckon the scum will be more tired than us. And, although they did well agianst Melb, the previous two weeks, the Blues were dreadful, against both the crows and the Lions, they are not all that great, if we really pressure them, bring our heat, tackling, pressure, they may crack, and we can pull away from them, i dont think they will handle our chaos footy, especially if they are still bit jaded from last week torrid and very disappointing match.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:42 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Im more confident now, after hearing Pendles speak, he basically said we are very determined to turn things around after that disappointing match.

Mind you, footballers always say this....I am yet to here a player lress conference where they say "we are screwed and the club is totally out of ideas" Laughing

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:01 pm

Would like to see Henry , Trey of Ruscoe and Finn come in .

Hopefully Jordy is right to go. I think the Entrey gives us height and bulk around the ground that we lack , Henry comes in for Ginni and Bianco comes out.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Marvelos 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:25 pm

Out Ginnivan

In Faye Smile
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:40 pm

Surely we wouldn’t risk playing Jordy this week, unless he was 100% fit. I’d rather give him 3 weeks to be cherry ripe for the finals, along with Adams.

We will be up against it this week, missing our midfield engine room. We will need a big performance from Mihocek and Elliott if we are to win. My worry is that Checkers looks to be playing sore. WHE should be better this week after suffering 2 smashes to his nose. He will also enjoy the space of the MCG.

Out: Ginni

In: Henry

Pies by 3 pts.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:07 pm

Henry to replace Ginni
Finn McCrae in for Carmichael

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16   

Jump to: